Start by marking “March of the Penguins: The Official Children's Book” as Want to Read:
March of the Penguins: The Official Children's Book

March of the Penguins: The Official Children's Book

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  79 ratings  ·  14 reviews
This winning combination of vivid photographs and informative, inspiring text is the companion volume to the extraordinary surprise hit film deemed “Irresistible” by Entertainment Weekly. Timed perfectly for the holidays and the November release of the DVD!

Read the incredible, endearing story of the Emporer penguins’ yearly Antarctic odyssey and the long months of enduranc
Published November 8th 2005 by National Geographic Children's Books (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about March of the Penguins, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about March of the Penguins

Nick Black
I bought this for $2.99, hoping it would entertain girls who'd otherwise be intimidated by books about math. Having twice elicited squeals of "omfg penguins!", it's more than paid for itself.
Karen Reedy
I just LOVE penguins!!
Dolly
Mar 07, 2012 Dolly rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
We seem to like to read a lot of books about penguins and somewhere along the way, one of the reviewers highly recommended this book. "Oh, dear," I thought to myself. I had tried to take our girls to this movie when they were much too young. Morgan Freeman's deep and soothing voice combined with jaw-dropping visuals of Antarctica and a year in the life of this majestic creature? How could I go wrong? Well, our girls were just too young for this movie and were bored, bored, bored within the first ...more
Jess
I was tagging books today and found this one on the shelf. It's the companion book to the documentary. It is so cute, taking you along the journey that penguins go through to have babies. Great photos, great writing!
Beautiful photographs and filled with interesting facts about penguins. Too advanced for early readers, but might be beneficial to the third graders when doing continent study projects.
Tesssss cool story broo
Amazing photography and a heart-warming story. I learned a lot about emperor penguins, and the pictures are beautiful!
Carol
A non-fiction accompanying the movie pictures. Colourful illustration.

A book to flip over at your free time.
I really liked the book. It was very inforative. and the baby pengnuins are soooooo cute!!!
Sasha
Jun 29, 2007 Sasha rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Animal Lovers
Shelves: movies
This was the movie that inspiried me and my life and my lve love for this penguins!
Matty
Beautiful photos and nice summary of cyclical year of the penguin.
Mary Wescott
If I hadn't seen this movie, I would've rated the book a two.
Erika
Beautiful book, beautiful photographs, beautiful animals.
Theresa
the kids loved the movie
Lesley
Lesley added it
Nov 11, 2014
Kate
Kate marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2014
Erin
Erin marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2014
Christina Browne
Christina Browne marked it as to-read
May 15, 2014
Stephanie Ng
Stephanie Ng marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2014