Start by marking “Vixen (V, #3)” as Want to Read:
Vixen (V, #3)

Vixen (V #3)

3.53 of 5 stars 3.53  ·  rating details  ·  336 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Saddled with Chloe Gresham, his beautiful and irresponsible young ward, Sir Hugo Lattimer, a man driven by dark memories and a tormenting despair, has no intention of caring for her--until he falls in love.
Mass Market Paperback, 432 pages
Published October 25th 2005 by Bantam (first published January 1st 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Vixen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vixen

Daneesha
this was a good read. however, i dislike when the heroine is willfully stubborn. of course, when she doesn't listen, she gets into trouble. the guardian was kind of stodgy and "old". he was in his mid thirties, but he was definitely not as virile as most romantic heroes in that age group.
Alexis-Morgan Roark
Jul 07, 2011 Alexis-Morgan Roark rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Alexis-Morgan by: alexisroark@sbcglobal.net
I am torn between being repulsed at the whole IDEA of their relationship since he had a thing-even if it wasn't sexual-with her MOTHER and ROFLMAO. This book is truly funny. More than a little creepy, too.
Nashwa نشوى
I read it when I was only 20, and the heroine of the book is 17 years old, and that just sounds to be perfect I know, but why did I feel disturbed?! let me tell you..
A teenager in my age -then- no matter what she'd be craving romance, she wouldn't feel ok about an adult who is also an authority getting emotional benefits from and sleeping with a 17-years-old girl! No, not for reasonable people at any age.. The script was moving a bit slowly, getting boring from the middle to the end. I don't reg
Lisa
Elle
To escape the demons of his past, Hugo Latimer has been drowning his sorrows for more than a decade. When he arrives at his much neglected estate one day, it's to find a coach, a lot of luggage, a strange and diverse collection of animals, and a glowing young woman who looks like a more perfect version of Elizabeth, the love he's been trying to forget. Had Hugo bothered to read his mail over the last year or so, this might not have been unexpected. Seems his former love, on learning of her immin ...more
Lucimar
Hugo Lattimer é um homem torturado pelo passado, e na maioria das vezes se encontra embriagado. Um dia ao retornar para casa depois de uma noite na esbórnia encontra Chloe Gesham, da qual fora nomeado tutor e não quer que ela permaneça na mesma casa que ele, porque além de solteiro e ela não tem uma acompanhante apropriada e há coisas do passado que podem por em perigo a vida dela, Chloe não esperava esse rechaço e por ser muito teimosa, impõe seu desejo e fica morando com ele. Hugo termina por ...more
Ivi
Estuvo bien... pero podría haber sido mejor. Tal vez la diferencia de edad fue demasiada, si ella hubiera tenido 19, o el 28, o así, creo que habria sido diferente. No está mal si no hay otra cosa para leer, pero no es de esos libros que voy a re-leer varias veces como me ha sucedido con otros :)
Camilya Collins
I read this book probably 3 years ago but I'm constantly thinking about it. So when I caught myself thinking about it this last time I picked it back up to reread. One of my absolutely favorite historical romances. The characters are so real and easy to identify with.
Vali Kowdar
The book was well written and the passion between H and h was nicely transfered to the reader, but I couldn't rate this book higher because I think I have had enough of historical romances that simply transfer our own era and customs back to a previous century. I believe that it would be highly impossible for a 17 year old well brought up miss of the Regency era to be so casual about having "no strings" sex with her ward, no matter how much she thought she loved him...
Nandar
I liked this book but Jane Feather come on. She can do better. The thing that pissed me off was the age gap between Chloe and Hugo. Seriously and the guy used to love her mother! And Chloe is just too arghh.. there's something about her character in the book that pissed me off!
Rachel
There were parts of this book that I really liked, but the fact that Hugo was in love with Chloe's mother for most of his life outweighed the good points for me.. and he called her "my child" so many times.. it just really icked me out.
Penicillium Chrysogenum
why did i go and borrow a steamy romance novel, from the adult section no less? don't ask me. i was walking up and down shelves pulling out books at random. i love the library's holiday 2x thing.
Mary Lauer
Chloe is not to my taste. EVERYone loves her, yadda yadda yadda. And I don't think anyone of that era would be so uncaring of her "virtue."
LuvGirl
I stopped reading this book the moment I realized that the hero was in love with the heroine's mother at one time! YUCK!!!!
Liked it at first, petered out towards the end. The sex was well written, but the over dramatic SECRETS were quite on my nerves.
Carol
Overall I liked the book. There were some slow parts, but I did like the characters created.
Bluestar
No está mal. Para pasar el rato.
Susan Laine
Aug 25, 2009 Susan Laine marked it as to-read
Shelves: have
have
Torrie
Torrie added it
Jan 11, 2015
E.v. Sage
E.v. Sage marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2015
  • Lady Be Bad (Merry Widows, #3)
  • Outlaw in Paradise
  • Seize the Fire
  • The Raven and the Rose
  • Still in My Heart (Ryland Brothers, #5)
  • The Rebellious Ward (Regency, #2)
  • Wicked At Heart
  • The Way of the Heart
  • Carnevale
  • The Temptress (Bride Quest, #6)
  • The Mad, Bad Duke (Nvengaria, #2)
  • Isabella & The English Witch (Trevelyan Family, #1 & #2)
  • A Reputable Rake
  • Angel in a Red Dress
  • Ecstasy (Notorious, #4)
  • Silk and Steel (Litchfield #2)
  • Legendary Lover (St. John-Duras, #5)
  • Portrait of a Lover (American Heiresses, #5)
Jane Feather was born in Cairo, Egypt, and grew up in New Forest, in the south of England. She began her highly successful career after she and her family moved to Washington D.C. in 1981. She now has over ten million books in print.

Has also written under pseudonym of Claudia Bishop (books written in 1984)
More about Jane Feather...

V (9 books)
  • Violet (V, #6)
  • Vanity (V, #7)
  • Vice (V, #8)
  • Vice and Virtue
Snowy Night with a Stranger (School for Heiresses, Anthology 2) The Accidental Bride (Bride, #2) Rushed to the Altar (Blackwater Brides #1) The Least Likely Bride (Bride, #3) A Wicked Gentleman (Cavendish Square, #1)