Start by marking “Vixen (V, #3)” as Want to Read:
Vixen (V, #3)

Vixen (V #3)

Saddled with Chloe Gresham, his beautiful and irresponsible young ward, Sir Hugo Lattimer, a man driven by dark memories and a tormenting despair, has no intention of caring for her--until he falls in love.
Mass Market Paperback, 432 pages
Published October 25th 2005 by Bantam (first published January 1st 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Vixen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vixen

Once and Always by Judith McNaughtUntil You by Judith McNaughtLord of Ice by Gaelen FoleyMinx by Julia QuinnForbidden Love by Karen Robards
Historical Guardian/Ward Romance Novels
39th out of 63 books — 93 voters
Devil in Winter by Lisa KleypasLove in the Afternoon by Lisa KleypasRomancing Mr Bridgerton by Julia QuinnThe Lion's Lady by Julie GarwoodA Knight in Shining Armor by Jude Deveraux
Most Reread Romances
155th out of 215 books — 29 voters

More lists with this book...

Nandar
I liked this book but Jane Feather come on. She can do better. The thing that pissed me off was the age gap between Chloe and Hugo. Seriously and the guy used to love her mother! And Chloe is just too arghh.. there's something about her character in the book that pissed me off!
Daneesha
Oct 13, 2009 Daneesha rated it liked it
this was a good read. however, i dislike when the heroine is willfully stubborn. of course, when she doesn't listen, she gets into trouble. the guardian was kind of stodgy and "old". he was in his mid thirties, but he was definitely not as virile as most romantic heroes in that age group.
Alexis-Morgan Roark
Jul 07, 2011 Alexis-Morgan Roark rated it really liked it
Recommended to Alexis-Morgan by: alexisroark@sbcglobal.net
I am torn between being repulsed at the whole IDEA of their relationship since he had a thing-even if it wasn't sexual-with her MOTHER and ROFLMAO. This book is truly funny. More than a little creepy, too.
LuvGirl
I stopped reading this book the moment I realized that the hero was in love with the heroine's mother at one time! YUCK!!!!
Nashwa نشوى
May 22, 2014 Nashwa نشوى rated it liked it
I read it when I was only 20, and the heroine of the book is 17 years old, and that just sounds to be perfect I know, but why did I feel disturbed?! let me tell you..
A teenager in my age -then- no matter what she'd be craving romance, she wouldn't feel ok about an adult who is also an authority getting emotional benefits from and sleeping with a 17-years-old girl! No, not for reasonable people at any age.. The script was moving a bit slowly, getting boring from the middle to the end. I don't reg
Lisa
Jul 13, 2014 Lisa rated it it was amazing
Elle
May 19, 2012 Elle rated it liked it
To escape the demons of his past, Hugo Latimer has been drowning his sorrows for more than a decade. When he arrives at his much neglected estate one day, it's to find a coach, a lot of luggage, a strange and diverse collection of animals, and a glowing young woman who looks like a more perfect version of Elizabeth, the love he's been trying to forget. Had Hugo bothered to read his mail over the last year or so, this might not have been unexpected. Seems his former love, on learning of her immin ...more
Lucimar
Hugo Lattimer é um homem torturado pelo passado, e na maioria das vezes se encontra embriagado. Um dia ao retornar para casa depois de uma noite na esbórnia encontra Chloe Gesham, da qual fora nomeado tutor e não quer que ela permaneça na mesma casa que ele, porque além de solteiro e ela não tem uma acompanhante apropriada e há coisas do passado que podem por em perigo a vida dela, Chloe não esperava esse rechaço e por ser muito teimosa, impõe seu desejo e fica morando com ele. Hugo termina por ...more
Ivi
Sep 19, 2014 Ivi rated it liked it
Estuvo bien... pero podría haber sido mejor. Tal vez la diferencia de edad fue demasiada, si ella hubiera tenido 19, o el 28, o así, creo que habria sido diferente. No está mal si no hay otra cosa para leer, pero no es de esos libros que voy a re-leer varias veces como me ha sucedido con otros :)
Camilya Collins
Apr 22, 2014 Camilya Collins rated it it was amazing
I read this book probably 3 years ago but I'm constantly thinking about it. So when I caught myself thinking about it this last time I picked it back up to reread. One of my absolutely favorite historical romances. The characters are so real and easy to identify with.
Gypsie Holley
Jul 15, 2016 Gypsie Holley rated it really liked it
Shelves: jul-16
pretty dang good!
Vali
Sep 17, 2013 Vali rated it liked it
The book was well written and the passion between H and h was nicely transfered to the reader, but I couldn't rate this book higher because I think I have had enough of historical romances that simply transfer our own era and customs back to a previous century. I believe that it would be highly impossible for a 17 year old well brought up miss of the Regency era to be so casual about having "no strings" sex with her ward, no matter how much she thought she loved him...
Andita
Aug 05, 2016 Andita rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was an...

Interesting story. I did not like the ending. I felt it was either rushed or showed her weakness to just accept his past. I'm not from those times, so maybe it is in period but I didn't like it. I'm looking forward to more in this series.
Rachel
There were parts of this book that I really liked, but the fact that Hugo was in love with Chloe's mother for most of his life outweighed the good points for me.. and he called her "my child" so many times.. it just really icked me out.
Yong
Jul 16, 2009 Yong rated it did not like it
why did i go and borrow a steamy romance novel, from the adult section no less? don't ask me. i was walking up and down shelves pulling out books at random. i love the library's holiday 2x thing.
Mary Lauer
May 07, 2012 Mary Lauer rated it it was ok
Chloe is not to my taste. EVERYone loves her, yadda yadda yadda. And I don't think anyone of that era would be so uncaring of her "virtue."
Liked it at first, petered out towards the end. The sex was well written, but the over dramatic SECRETS were quite on my nerves.
Carol
May 08, 2012 Carol rated it really liked it
Overall I liked the book. There were some slow parts, but I did like the characters created.
Bluestar
Jun 15, 2012 Bluestar rated it liked it
No está mal. Para pasar el rato.
Susan Laine
Aug 25, 2009 Susan Laine marked it as to-read
Shelves: have
have
Faye Hall
Faye Hall rated it really liked it
Sep 18, 2016
sharon camalo
sharon camalo rated it really liked it
Sep 14, 2016
Pamela Belsham
Pamela Belsham rated it it was ok
Sep 14, 2016
Emma
Emma marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2016
Reader
Reader marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2016
Abigail Young
Abigail Young marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2016
Carrie Wilson
Carrie Wilson marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2016
MrsMascara
MrsMascara marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2016
  • Still in My Heart (Ryland Brothers, #5)
  • Lady Be Bad (Merry Widows, #3)
  • The Raven and the Rose
  • A Reputable Rake
  • Seize the Fire
  • The Way of the Heart
  • The Education of Miss Patterson
  • The Temptress (The Bride Quest II Book 3)
  • Wicked At Heart (Heroes of the Sea, #5)
  • The Arrangement
  • Outlaw in Paradise
  • Black Silk (Rodesson's Daughters, #2)
  • The Mad, Bad Duke (Nvengaria, #2)
  • Rules for a Lady
  • Love, Remember Me (Wyndham Saga, #2)
  • Isabella & The English Witch (Trevelyan Family, #1 & #2)
  • Carnevale
  • A Flirtatious Rendezvous (The Gentlemen Next Door, #4)
Jane Feather was born in Cairo, Egypt, and grew up in New Forest, in the south of England. She began her highly successful career after she and her family moved to Washington D.C. in 1981. She now has over ten million books in print.

Has also written under pseudonym of Claudia Bishop (books written in 1984)
More about Jane Feather...

V (9 books)