Start by marking “A Heart Like Jesus” as Want to Read:
A Heart Like Jesus

A Heart Like Jesus

The heart of Jesus is sacred, and the lessons and examples it provides to us are paramount in our daily mission to follow in His footsteps. Max Lucado poses the question "what if, for one day and night, your heart was replaced by the heart of Christ?" That thought-provoking question leads to many personal revelations demonstrating that we can recast our hearts to be more l ...more
Published February 9th 2003 by Thomas Nelson

To ask other readers questions about A Heart Like Jesus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Heart Like Jesus

Gabriel
Dec 05, 2016 Gabriel rated it it was amazing
Sempre bom lembrar: "Deus o ama do jeito que você é, mas se recusa a deixá-lo assim. Ele quer que você seja a cada dia mais parecido com Jesus".
Carolyn Benton
Oct 18, 2011 Carolyn Benton rated it it was amazing
Good things come in small packages...but don't let the size of the book deter you away from the powerful words inside! Once again, Max Lucado successfully invites the reader to walk closer in understanding what God what for your life. Quoting from the book, 'He loves you just the way you are, but He refuses to leave you that way. He wants you to be just like Jesus." Wow, just the way we are - imagine that! This book is merely 86 pages long and makes for an easy read. I urge you to read this book ...more
Brad Meyers
Nov 20, 2012 Brad Meyers rated it really liked it
It was mostly a compilation of a few of his other books, mostly Just Like Jesus, but it was good to rehash this wisdom. To have a heart like Jesus is so hard for a simple man like myself, but I sure am trying. I am trying to achieve inner-peace and true happiness. And I know the ONLY way to true happiness is serving others. We think money and nice things can achieve this, but that is only a temporary fix and dishonesty with yourself. Anyway, good book.
Alex Richmond
Jul 17, 2015 Alex Richmond rated it liked it
Shelves: snanned-books
Short book to read over a day or two. My only problem is the paraphrasing. He mentions that most verses come from the NIV, yet are not direct quotes. My problem is that if you are quoting or sourcing something, say it the way they did or don't source them.

There is little substance to the book, its not meant to be a heavy read, its meant as a moral or mood booster. So if you need a feed good speaker this is the guy to go to.
Rachel
May 30, 2015 Rachel rated it really liked it
I love this little book. It is the first book have read front to back (it's VERY little) in about 5 years. Jesus healed my eyes which were broken. It was a monumental moment to actually finish a book. I look forward to actually being able to finish books now. Thank you Jesus!!
Maria Bernadette Alcalde Cantil
Oct 11, 2007 Maria Bernadette Alcalde Cantil added it
Recommends it for: all friends
this book is just a small book but it contains a lot of things about the character of Jesus..this helped me so much develop my character to be more like Jesus Christ...read it and you will be blessed!!!!!
Chris
Aug 27, 2012 Chris rated it really liked it
This inspirational book shows specific ways that we can become more like Jesus. The book is beautifully written and is a joy to read.
Austin Wright
Jul 14, 2014 Austin Wright rated it did not like it
Max pumps them out...people keep buying 'em. All I really learn that that the Greek word for "race" is agon....which is where we get the word Agony.
Jane
Apr 08, 2013 Jane rated it it was amazing
Shelves: devotional
There are not many pages to this book but its quite meaningful and left me wanting to have a closer relationship with God.
Lisa
Jan 13, 2017 Lisa rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this book by Max Lucado. He is an inspiration and definitely has a heart for Jesus. Thank you for sharing your heart and giving me a desire to have a heart like Jesus.
Susan
Nov 09, 2008 Susan rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: new christians
I liked this book it was a quick read and to the point nothing too hard to grasp lots to think about.
Bridget
Aug 22, 2011 Bridget rated it it was amazing
This is a must read!!! Seriously, I will lend it to anyone who wants to read it.
Hannah
Hannah rated it it was amazing
Jan 15, 2013
Chris King
Chris King rated it liked it
Jul 30, 2012
Hannah
Hannah rated it it was amazing
Mar 12, 2013
Kristi
Aug 11, 2012 Kristi rated it it was amazing
i love anything by max...
Jen Jacobsen
Jen Jacobsen rated it it was amazing
Dec 11, 2012
Alexandra Davis
Alexandra Davis rated it it was amazing
Aug 16, 2010
Kenneth
Kenneth rated it it was amazing
Jan 22, 2014
Paulin
Paulin rated it really liked it
Apr 11, 2009
Brie Loveschrist
Brie Loveschrist rated it really liked it
Apr 26, 2013
Dave Slusarick
Dave Slusarick rated it liked it
Dec 25, 2011
Larissa Fauber
Larissa Fauber rated it really liked it
Nov 07, 2014
Melissa
Melissa rated it it was amazing
May 24, 2014
There83
There83 rated it it was amazing
Sep 22, 2010
Kirsten
Kirsten rated it it was amazing
Mar 13, 2015
Casey
Casey rated it it was amazing
Jul 23, 2012
Abby P
Abby P rated it really liked it
Apr 12, 2015
Michelle Walker
Michelle Walker rated it really liked it
Mar 26, 2009
Susan Lee
Susan Lee rated it really liked it
Apr 14, 2013
  • John Wesley
  • Cries of The Heart
  • Looking for God: An Unexpected Journey Through Tattoos, Tofu & Pronouns
  • The Story of Easter
  • The Teaching of the Twelve: Believing & Practicing the Primitive Christianity of the Ancient Didache Community
  • The Signature of God: Astonishing Biblical Discoveries
  • Me, Myself, & Lies: A Thought-Closet Makeover -Bible Study Workbook
  • The Misunderstood God: The Lies Religion Tells About God
  • Live Like a Jesus Freak: Spend Today as if it Were Your Last
  • Standing Strong: How to Resist the Enemy of Your Soul
With more than 125 million products in print and several NYT bestsellers, Max Lucado is America's bestselling inspirational author. He serves the Oak Hills Church in San Antonio, Texas, where he lives with his wife, Denalyn, and their mischievous mutt, Andy. His next book is publishing September 2017 and is titled Anxious for Nothing.

More about Max Lucado...