Start by marking “Benjamin's Box: The Story of the Resurrection Eggs” as Want to Read:
Benjamin's Box: The Story of the Resurrection Eggs

Benjamin's Box: The Story of the Resurrection Eggs

What are the treasures in Benjamin's Box? Come along with Benjamin and see. Like all boys and girls, Benjamin is very, very curious. When Jesus comes to Jerusalem, Benjamin decides to follow him and find out who he really is. At first, Benjamin thinks Jesus is a teacher, then a king. At last, he learns the good news—news that every child (and grown-up!) will want to share. ...more
Published February 5th 2008 by Zonderkidz (first published January 31st 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Benjamin's Box, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Benjamin's Box

Christina
This is our absolute favorite book to go along with the Resurrection Eggs. We read one page and open the corresponding egg in the nights preceding Easter. I highly recommend the book to go along with the Resurrection Eggs, since the booklet that comes with the eggs is quite small. It is a fiction story, so you will want to supplement this book with actual scripture readings for Easter (I have some suggestions if you need them), so your child will clearly understand what the Bible says along with ...more
Each day goes through one day at a time in the Bible and follow Jesus and His disciples through the whole process from The Lord's Supper to The Resurrection. She LOVED it! Every night she was SO ready to listen to the scriptures I read, see which egg went with it and listen to the stories. It was such an incredible blessing as a parent to watch her grow through this and draw closer to Jesus. It was a sweet time as a family too.
Jodi
Apr 24, 2011 Jodi rated it it was amazing
I had heard about this book in book club and already knew the author. This is a short book for kids age 5-10. This will be our new tradition for Easter. I will be going to the Family Christian Bookstore to see about getting this book for next year. What a great way to teach your children about Easter in a way that they can understand. They have eggs that go with the book and depending on how much they are I think they are a neat idea.
Natalie
We usually just read this in one go, rather than day by day. Today I read it to my 5 year old and it was a fantastic opportunity to explain the meaning of Easter with him as he asked so many questions during the story. It was a bit awkward explaining that the Easter story was true, but the boy was fictional. Definately a book to read each year.
Mar 19, 2008 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I got this book at a Berean Christian Bookstore a few years ago. It is made to go with a box of a dozen "Resurrection Eggs." I have used it as a Family Night lesson for Easter for several years. I really like it. The eggs make it hands on for the kids and the books makes the story easy to tell without having to make visual aids.
Dolly
Apr 20, 2014 Dolly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
We listened to this story read aloud just prior to a church-sponsored egg hunt. The narrative is a bit long for younger children and some of the little ones got quite restless during the story. Still, it's a good book that explains some of the symbology behind the Christian celebration of Easter. We enjoyed listening to this book read to us, and our girls enjoyed the egg hunt even more!

Scott Hayden
Follow Benjamin's treasure hunt as he follows Jesus in His last days.

Great book alone and even better if you have resurrection eggs to let your kids open. We read one page and open one egg each night beginning 12 days before Easter.
Maritza Mejia
Mar 23, 2016 Maritza Mejia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Benjamin goes through one day at a time in the Bible and follows Jesus and his disciples from The Lord's Supper to The Resurrection. I highly recommend this book to go along with the Resurrection Eggs for children ages 5-10 years old.
Kimberly
This was such a creative way to tell the story of Easter, through the eyes and heart of a child. I loved it and so did my kids.
Awesome book to use with the Resurrection Eggs! Explains each egg and what it means in an easy to grasp story format for kids. Loved it!
Jen
Mar 31, 2013 Jen rated it it was amazing
We very much enjoyed using this book to accompany the story told with the resurrection eggs this year!! A new traditional read!
andrea
andrea rated it really liked it
Nov 06, 2014
Kim Janney
Kim Janney rated it really liked it
Jan 20, 2016
Megan
Megan rated it it was amazing
Jul 14, 2011
mrs k cowan
mrs k cowan rated it it was amazing
Sep 14, 2016
Kittybro60
Kittybro60 rated it liked it
Jul 22, 2016
Star Shining Forever
Star Shining Forever rated it really liked it
Feb 06, 2013
Stephanie
Could be confusing for kids since the main character is fictional.
Maria-Pia
Maria-Pia rated it really liked it
Jun 20, 2014
Annie Minor
Annie Minor rated it really liked it
Nov 04, 2014
Angelica
Angelica rated it liked it
Apr 29, 2014
Michelle Wenzel
Michelle Wenzel rated it it was amazing
Jan 31, 2017
Jalisa Schrock
Jalisa Schrock rated it really liked it
Aug 02, 2016
Cami
Cami rated it it was amazing
Sep 05, 2016
Sandra
Sandra rated it it was amazing
Oct 15, 2012
Hannah Wagner
Hannah Wagner rated it it was amazing
Mar 15, 2015
Christina
Christina rated it it was amazing
Jun 18, 2014
Brad
Brad rated it it was ok
Jun 24, 2008
Brenda R Duggan
Brenda R Duggan rated it it was amazing
Apr 24, 2016
Beth
Beth rated it it was amazing
Apr 08, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
Melody Carlson is the award-winning author of over two hundred books, several of them Christmas novellas from Revell, including her much-loved and bestselling book, The Christmas Bus.

She also writes many teen books, including the Diary of a Teenage Girl series, the TrueColors series, and the Carter House Girls series.

Melody was nominated for a Romantic Times Career Achievement Award in the inspi
More about Melody Carlson...