Benjamin's Box: The Story of the Resurrection Eggs

Benjamin's Box: The Story of the Resurrection Eggs

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  42 ratings  ·  11 reviews
What are the treasures in Benjamin's Box? Come along with Benjamin and see. Like all boys and girls, Benjamin is very, very curious. When Jesus comes to Jerusalem, Benjamin decides to follow him and find out who he really is. At first, Benjamin thinks Jesus is a teacher, then a king. At last, he learns the good news news that every child (and grown-up!) will want to share....more
Published February 5th 2008 by Zonderkidz (first published January 31st 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Benjamin's Box, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Benjamin's Box

Dolly
Apr 20, 2014 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
We listened to this story read aloud just prior to a church-sponsored egg hunt. The narrative is a bit long for younger children and some of the little ones got quite restless during the story. Still, it's a good book that explains some of the symbology behind the Christian celebration of Easter. We enjoyed listening to this book read to us, and our girls enjoyed the egg hunt even more!

Christina
This is our absolute favorite book to go along with the Resurrection Eggs. We read one page and open the corresponding egg in the nights preceding Easter. I highly recommend the book to go along with the Resurrection Eggs, since the booklet that comes with the eggs is quite small. It is a fiction story, so you will want to supplement this book with actual scripture readings for Easter (I have some suggestions if you need them), so your child will clearly understand what the Bible says along with...more
Jodi
I had heard about this book in book club and already knew the author. This is a short book for kids age 5-10. This will be our new tradition for Easter. I will be going to the Family Christian Bookstore to see about getting this book for next year. What a great way to teach your children about Easter in a way that they can understand. They have eggs that go with the book and depending on how much they are I think they are a neat idea.
Sarah Stephens
Each day goes through one day at a time in the Bible and follow Jesus and His disciples through the whole process from The Lord's Supper to The Resurrection. She LOVED it! Every night she was SO ready to listen to the scriptures I read, see which egg went with it and listen to the stories. It was such an incredible blessing as a parent to watch her grow through this and draw closer to Jesus. It was a sweet time as a family too.
Natalie
We usually just read this in one go, rather than day by day. Today I read it to my 5 year old and it was a fantastic opportunity to explain the meaning of Easter with him as he asked so many questions during the story. It was a bit awkward explaining that the Easter story was true, but the boy was fictional. Definately a book to read each year.
I got this book at a Berean Christian Bookstore a few years ago. It is made to go with a box of a dozen "Resurrection Eggs." I have used it as a Family Night lesson for Easter for several years. I really like it. The eggs make it hands on for the kids and the books makes the story easy to tell without having to make visual aids.
Scott Hayden
Follow Benjamin's treasure hunt as he follows Jesus in His last days.

Great book alone and even better if you have resurrection eggs to let your kids open. We read one page and open one egg each night beginning 12 days before Easter.
Awesome book to use with the Resurrection Eggs! Explains each egg and what it means in an easy to grasp story format for kids. Loved it!
Jen
We very much enjoyed using this book to accompany the story told with the resurrection eggs this year!! A new traditional read!
Stephanie
Could be confusing for kids since the main character is fictional.
Joey
My boys really liked this one.
Lovemybrothers
Lovemybrothers marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
Rachael Gregory
Rachael Gregory marked it as to-read
May 11, 2014
Beckett
Beckett marked it as to-read
May 06, 2014
Cindy
Cindy marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2014
Abby
Abby marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2014
Lmpuii
Lmpuii marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2014
Diana Wilcox
Diana Wilcox marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2014
Tina Riden
Tina Riden marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2014
Skingsbery
Skingsbery marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Melody Carlson is the award-winning author of over two hundred books, several of them Christmas novellas from Revell, including her much-loved and bestselling book, The Christmas Bus.

She also writes many teen books, including the Diary of a Teenage Girl series, the TrueColors series, and the Carter House Girls series.

Melody was nominated for a Romantic Times Career Achievement Award in the inspi...more
More about Melody Carlson...
Becoming Me (Diary of a Teenage Girl: Caitlin, #1) Dark Blue: Color Me Lonely (TrueColors, #1) Christmas at Harrington's Blade Silver: Color Me Scarred (TrueColors, #7) It's My Life (Diary of a Teenage Girl: Caitlin, #2)