Start by marking “Eek! There's a Mouse in the House” as Want to Read:
Eek! There's a Mouse in the House

Eek! There's a Mouse in the House

3.56 of 5 stars 3.56  ·  rating details  ·  36 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Eek! There's a mouse in the house! To get rid of it, a little girl invites a parade of animals into her home, including Cat, Dog, Sheep, Hog, and more. They alljoin in a merry, silly chase to catch the pesky rodent in a rhyming text with lighthearted illustrations. ...more
Published March 27th 1995 by HMH Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Eek! There's a Mouse in the House, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eek! There's a Mouse in the House

Brittany Stewart
I enjoy reading Eek! There's a Mouse in the House. I loved how the book used a barn for the scene of the story and focused on farm animals. I really enjoyed how the entire story used rhyming to tell the story as well as used vocabulary words such as scamp. I think this book would excite children and have them wondering as they anticipate what animal will appear next to help catch the mouse located in the house. I also enjoyed the vivid colors in the illustration. This book would be appropiate f ...more
This book was cute. It begins the story with a mouse in the house and later ends with just about a zoo of pets and animals in the house. The kids will love guessing what will appear next. It also includes songs in the back of the book. There is some additional material that makes text-to-world connections while going over the animals mentioned in the book and telling where they live. Pictures are given to show their habitats.
Kelly Whelchel
Use this book for book box. The book will be read in group center. Have the students use the whisper phone. Book is good for like words.

Break apart words and have the students put together. Same endings
ending with ble
put the first letter--- ta, sta
20 months - Love this book! I like the story and the illustrations are fun. This is a good book for signing. You can sign the animals and various object in the book.
My young niece and nephews enjoyed finding the animals throughout the house and being astonished at what they did. I recommend this as a read aloud to ages 3-7.
Sarah Stumphf
Cute, silly, little book! My 2 year old starting exclaiming as the story got more and more ridiculous. I enjoyed watching his reactions.
A variety of animals come to get the mouse out of the house, but all hurry away, except the elephant who is of course afraid of the mouse.
My baby couldn't stop having me read this one. Just loved listening to me make the animal noises.
Jennifer Kloczko
My first graders love this book. Such funny pictures!
Jorge Franco
Jorge Franco marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2015
Mrs Grande
Mrs Grande marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2015
Aiyah marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2015
Aggul marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2015
Danni marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2015
Rochelle marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2015
Mandy Rivera
Mandy Rivera marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2015
Cinthia marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2014
Carmely marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Dianne added it
May 23, 2014
Chelsey Combs
Chelsey Combs marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2014