Start by marking “The Big Tidy-Up” as Want to Read:
The Big Tidy-Up

The Big Tidy-Up

4.79 of 5 stars 4.79  ·  rating details  ·  66 ratings  ·  17 reviews
JENNIFER KNEW, AS well as you
That everything has its place,
But she just didn’t care a whit, a bit,
So her room was a real disgrace!
Jennifer’s mother has refused to touch Jennifer’s messy room until after Christmas Day. Free to let her room go, Jennifer turns a blind eye to the fustiness, the dustiness, and the spider’s webby empire up in the corner! Finally, one day, she ca
Published May 13th 2008 by Golden Books

To ask other readers questions about The Big Tidy-Up, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Big Tidy-Up

Sink Reflections by Marla CilleyHome Comforts by Cheryl MendelsonThe House That Cleans Itself by Mindy Starns ClarkLife, Love and Vintage Housekeeping by Alison MayOrganizing from the Inside Out by Julie Morgenstern
Cleaning House
44th out of 49 books — 22 voters
Clockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareAsunder by Jodi MeadowsHalo by Alexandra AdornettoEntwined by Heather DixonIncarnate by Jodi Meadows
Prettiest Covers
154th out of 178 books — 76 voters

More lists with this book...

Mindy
This was my favorite book growing up and it still motivates me to dejunk! I have my original book from childhood, which is falling apart and just found a gently used one for $1.99-hooray!
Lisa
I checked this book out from my local library dozens of times when I was a kid. It was definitely a big favorite. The only problem is that I never owned it. As a result I spent decades looking for it. It was available on eBay for $350 but I just couldn't justified that cost.

Fortunately, Random House decided to reprint it. I recently found a new copy available for $15. I was thrilled!

My love of this book is really all about sentimentality. The story is cute and the illustrations remain a joy to
Heather
a favorite of ours while growing up
Amy
I was inspired to add some children's books to my reviews by my BFF...so here goes! My daughter and I love "The Big Tidy Up"! This was one of my favorites as a child because I always liked my room "tidy" and I just couldn't stand how the main character in the book, Jennifer, could get her room so dang dirty! But then Jennifer cleans it! Yeah! Great book for encouraging your little one to "tidy up". And it rhymes, too! LOVE THAT!
Liz
This is one of those children's books where the writing is as delightful as the pictures, and the pictures are as clever as the writing. Catchy syntax - my three year old quotes lines from this book around the house. How can I say how much I love this book?! Oh yeah - it also carries a nice message any parent can appreciate about cleaning up after yourself. Read this book.
Karen
This was a terrific book that everyone should have in their library for their children. I loved how Jennifer realized that she just couldn't live in a mess from now until Christmas Day! Wish my kids would realize this.
Holly
This book is awesome! My 40 year old sister STILL has most of the words memorized from childhood. Really great artwork too-- would love to find it so for her so she can share it with my nephew.
The Pike family
A childhood favorite. I found this newly released book on Amazon. A cute story about a little girl (Jennifer) cleaning her room. Every girl will be able to identify.
Lisa
This got three stars instead of two because the messy kid was like my daughter.(Except she never decided to tunr over a new leaf) The rhyme was rough and I stumbled quite a bit.
Gretchen
This is my all time favorite picture book. Unfortunately my copy was loved to death and it has been out of print. Back by popular demand, I recently found it at Amazon.
My mother will appreciate the fact that I still need to learn Jennifer's lesson about keeping my room spic and span!
Kara
Man, I loved this book as a kid! Clearly reading about cleaning one's room is preferable to actually doing it...
Liz
Loved it when I was a kid, my son loves it now. Great rhymes, adorable pictures.
Aris Whittier
I loved this book when I was a kid. I read it over and over.
Jenny
Another childhood favorite. I could relate. ;)
Jen
An out-of-print picture book from my childhood...
Lauren
Cleanliness is next to godliness.
Morgan
Morgan marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Raggedy Ann a Thank You, Please, and I Love You Book Sense and Sensibility Litterbugs Come in Every Size John's Day The Toy That Flew