Start by marking “The Big Tidy-Up” as Want to Read:
The Big Tidy-Up

The Big Tidy-Up

JENNIFER KNEW, AS well as you
That everything has its place,
But she just didn’t care a whit, a bit,
So her room was a real disgrace!
Jennifer’s mother has refused to touch Jennifer’s messy room until after Christmas Day. Free to let her room go, Jennifer turns a blind eye to the fustiness, the dustiness, and the spider’s webby empire up in the corner! Finally, one day, she ca
Published May 13th 2008 by Golden Books

To ask other readers questions about The Big Tidy-Up, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Big Tidy-Up

Mindy
Jan 29, 2010 Mindy rated it really liked it
This was my favorite book growing up and it still motivates me to dejunk! I have my original book from childhood, which is falling apart and just found a gently used one for $1.99-hooray!
Lisa
Jul 09, 2008 Lisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I checked this book out from my local library dozens of times when I was a kid. It was definitely a big favorite. The only problem is that I never owned it. As a result I spent decades looking for it. It was available on eBay for $350 but I just couldn't justified that cost.

Fortunately, Random House decided to reprint it. I recently found a new copy available for $15. I was thrilled!

My love of this book is really all about sentimentality. The story is cute and the illustrations remain a joy to
Heather
Sep 03, 2014 Heather rated it it was amazing
a favorite of ours while growing up
Amy
Sep 26, 2008 Amy rated it it was amazing
I was inspired to add some children's books to my reviews by my BFF...so here goes! My daughter and I love "The Big Tidy Up"! This was one of my favorites as a child because I always liked my room "tidy" and I just couldn't stand how the main character in the book, Jennifer, could get her room so dang dirty! But then Jennifer cleans it! Yeah! Great book for encouraging your little one to "tidy up". And it rhymes, too! LOVE THAT!
Liz
Aug 24, 2010 Liz rated it it was amazing
This is one of those children's books where the writing is as delightful as the pictures, and the pictures are as clever as the writing. Catchy syntax - my three year old quotes lines from this book around the house. How can I say how much I love this book?! Oh yeah - it also carries a nice message any parent can appreciate about cleaning up after yourself. Read this book.
Logophile (Heather)
Mar 04, 2016 Logophile (Heather) rated it it was amazing
Every member of my family can quote this book.
"Jennifer knew, as well as you, that everything had its place.
But she just didn't care,
a whit,
a bit,
so her room was a real disgrace."

Loved it!
My boys had our very old, taped, torn, tattered, and much loved copy read to them when they were young and it now lives with my sister.
Karen
Jan 28, 2009 Karen rated it it was amazing
This was a terrific book that everyone should have in their library for their children. I loved how Jennifer realized that she just couldn't live in a mess from now until Christmas Day! Wish my kids would realize this.
Kara
Mar 22, 2008 Kara rated it it was amazing
Man, I loved this book as a kid! Clearly reading about cleaning one's room is preferable to actually doing it...
My mother will appreciate the fact that I still need to learn Jennifer's lesson about keeping my room spic and span!
Lisa
Mar 17, 2009 Lisa rated it liked it
This got three stars instead of two because the messy kid was like my daughter.(Except she never decided to tunr over a new leaf) The rhyme was rough and I stumbled quite a bit.
Gretchen
Jun 04, 2008 Gretchen rated it it was amazing
This is my all time favorite picture book. Unfortunately my copy was loved to death and it has been out of print. Back by popular demand, I recently found it at Amazon.
Holly
Sep 12, 2007 Holly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is awesome! My 40 year old sister STILL has most of the words memorized from childhood. Really great artwork too-- would love to find it so for her so she can share it with my nephew.
The Pike family
Jul 05, 2008 The Pike family rated it really liked it
A childhood favorite. I found this newly released book on Amazon. A cute story about a little girl (Jennifer) cleaning her room. Every girl will be able to identify.
Lynn
Aug 15, 2015 Lynn rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kid
I loved this book as a kid. My mom had me keep all my books, so my daughter got to enjoy this book as well. Great pictures to go along with the catchy story.
Katherine
Katherine rated it really liked it
Jun 13, 2016
Nichole
Nichole rated it it was amazing
Dec 10, 2011
Debra
Debra rated it really liked it
Aug 18, 2008
Jenny
Mar 27, 2008 Jenny rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens-lit
Another childhood favorite. I could relate. ;)
Hugs
Hugs rated it it was amazing
Jan 22, 2015
Karen Gibson
Karen Gibson rated it it was amazing
Jan 09, 2015
Heidi
Heidi rated it it was amazing
May 10, 2008
Heather Harris
Heather Harris rated it it was amazing
Jan 06, 2017
Courtney Fonda
Courtney Fonda rated it it was amazing
Dec 22, 2014
Amber Lisa
Amber Lisa rated it it was amazing
Dec 07, 2012
Lindsay
Lindsay rated it really liked it
Jul 22, 2012
Clara
Clara rated it it was amazing
Oct 21, 2013
Davonna Juroe
Davonna Juroe rated it it was amazing
Sep 28, 2010
The Tidy
The Tidy rated it it was amazing
Jan 05, 2013
Barbara
Barbara rated it it was amazing
Dec 31, 2013
Jen
Jan 22, 2008 Jen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An out-of-print picture book from my childhood...
« previous 1 3 next »