Start by marking “Ride Rough (Raven Riders, #2)” as Want to Read:
Ride Rough (Raven Riders, #2)

Ride Rough (Raven Riders #2)

Brotherhood. Club. Family.
They live and ride by their own rules.
These are the Raven Riders...

Maverick Rylan won’t apologize for who he is—the Raven Riders Motorcycle Club Vice-President, a sought-after custom bike builder, and a man dedicated to protecting those he loves. So when he learns that the only woman who has ever held his heart is in trouble, he’ll move heaven and
Published April 25th 2017 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about Ride Rough, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ride Rough

XxTainaxX
Apr 23, 2017 XxTainaxX rated it liked it
I've got to say that while I liked Maverick, I was not a fan of Alexa. (view spoiler) ...more
Sabrina
Apr 25, 2017 Sabrina rated it really liked it
I made the mistake of getting behind with Laura Kaye's Hard Ink series and fully regret it, so I am fully determined to not make that same mistake with this series. Especially not since it's going so well for me already. Ride Rough was amazing and these characters were crazy sexy so I just couldn't get enough of them. This was also my second second-chance romance that I read over the weekend so maybe I've been converted to a lover of this trope.

Maverick and Alexa had a sizzling chemistry that w
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo 0888ae2b68c343c72c720ed44cce76_zpsxmqpmm3v.gif

Obsessed! Laura Kaye has me once again addicted to the men of The Raven Riders. How could I not when Laura Kaye continues to give readers like myself swoonworthy protective alpha heroes with heart. Yes, the Raven Riders are your completely different MC bikers. First, their personalities are a riot and secondly, they have this hard exterior but have this compassionate and protective nature that pulls you in. And let me just say, Maverick Ryl
Shayna
I've fallen pretty HARD for this series, and even HARDER for Maverick Rylan, VP of the Seven Riders MC. His dedication and loyalty to the people he loves it just so DAMN sexy! Laura Kaye brings her a-game in her latest installment of the highly addictive MC Romance series. Explosive sexual tension, and enough emotion that will bring you to your knees, RIDE ROUGH was an all out sexy and suspenseful read. I couldn't look away once I began and I wanted to savor it, yet devour it in one fell swoop.

Gretchen  (About That Story)
Ride Rough was AWESOME! It was a riveting story that was emotional and intense with fantastic characters. I loved it and was completely captivated. I was seriously on the edge of my seat. Such a fantastic series!

Right from the beginning I was all in! Maverick and Alexa have a heck of a story. I loved them reconnecting and could feel their pull, they had great chemistry. There was so much past pain and hurt but still so much underlying love and them coming back together had me cheering. I thought
Katie Reus
Mar 31, 2017 Katie Reus rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Laura Kaye is a master at writing sexual tension! Ride Rough grabs you and won’t let go until the final page!
Lover of Romance
Apr 26, 2017 Lover of Romance rated it really liked it
This review was originally posted on Addicted To Romance Summary
Maverick Rylan, the Vice President of the Raven Riders, is worried about his girl, a woman he has loved for years who is in trouble.  Alexa Harmon, once was in love with Maverick when she was young but when her brother died, she pushed him away. Alexa has rebuilt her life, she now has a career in interior design, a handsome fiancee and a beautiful home, what more could she ask for. But when her fiancee Grant, starts to become ev
Laura Kaye always writes such irresistible male leads and Maverick is no exception to that rule. He's a badass biker who is willing to bend the rules when he needs to along with the rest of his MC, the Raven Riders, but they put any profits they make towards helping women escape from dangerous situations so it's very hard to fault them for it. There is one woman in particular that Maverick is worried about right now though and that's his ex-girlfriend (and the only woman he has ever loved) Alexa ...more
Heather andrews
Jan 13, 2017 Heather andrews rated it it was amazing
I loved Maverick he was not bashful, “I want to pin you against my truck and kiss the eff out of you. I want to put my hands on you. Everywhere. I want to push those sexy little pants off your even sexier *** and make you wet with my fingers until you’re crying out my name. While all those eyes behind that dark glass are watching. While Slater’s watching.” I loved this book, Maverick was protecrive and sweet.
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

Ride Rough the second book in Laura Kaye’s Raven Riders series deals with the heavy subject of partner abuse both mentally and physically and while it was handled extremely well , I didn’t enjoy this book as much as I did the first book in this series. Don’t misunderstand, it was well written and the characters were compelling, but I struggled with part of the story and there was so much going on in this book that I felt the couple got a bit lost in the rest of the story instead of being the foc
Jo *Reading Is My Bliss*
Apr 25, 2017 Jo *Reading Is My Bliss* rated it really liked it
When you fall in love for the first time it is often said that you never forget your first love and in a lot of instances you may very well stay together forever. However, as wonderful as that sounds, it doesn’t always work out that way.

Alexa and Maverick were in love as teenagers and he thought that nothing would ever break them apart, until Alexa did just that when she walked away from him, leaving him stunned and broken hearted.

Five years later and Alexa is now engaged to another man. Grant
♡Julalicious Book Paradise♡
Original review on Julalicious Book Paradise

The second book in the Raven Riders series is about Maverick and Alexa. They used to date until she left him hoping for a better and more stable life for her and her mother after the death of her brother. We get our first glimpse of Alexa in the first book when five years later, she’s knocking back on the Raven’s door with bruises. Maverick only wants to help her, but she refuses to admit she needs help and apologize for coming.

The second book continue
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)

Ride Rough is book two in the Raven Riders series by Laura Kaye. I loved this one.

Maverick and Alexa have a past, but they or I should say she broke it off. She just wasn’t ready and of course she’s moved own. Now she’s engaged to a man she thinks will give her everything she ever wanted. Maverick made a vow to watch over Alexa whether she is in his life or not. These two might just find a second chance.

WOW, it’s hard to read about abuse, of any kind, on anyone. The author vividly portrayed what
Chanel Cleeton
Feb 03, 2017 Chanel Cleeton rated it it was amazing
A sexy and emotional romance that will capture your heart.
Jamie Benoit
Apr 17, 2017 Jamie Benoit rated it really liked it
Reviewed on behalf of The Book Boyfriend Addict (www.bookboyfriendaddict.com). A complimentary copy was provided in exchange for an honest review.

4.5 Stars

“I thought I said you shouldn’t be keeping an eye on me?” Though she didn’t manage to put the heat behind the words she probably should have.
“I have a problem with listening,” he said with a smirk.
“No kidding.”

There’s just something about a good second chance love story that makes them so darn addicting and I have to say that Laura Kaye de
Kim
Apr 15, 2017 Kim rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-5-stars
We saw Alexa Harmon show up briefly at the Raven Riders clubhouse in Ride Hard seeking help from her ex boyfriend and old friend, Club VP, Maverick Rylan. But she took off again and went back to her new life. Alexa resurfacing in Maverick's life brings out his need to protect her. So he is not going to let her disappear again without seeing if she is really okay.

Their history is twisted together. She was his late best friend's little sister, his friend, and the only girl he ever loved.
Catherine (The Sassy Bookster)
RIDE ROUGH embodies all that is raw, beautiful and sometimes painful about love: passion, emotion, vulnerability. It was both fun and sometimes hard to read because of the domestic violence angle, but for the most part I loved it. The chemistry between these two characters was electric and their feelings for each other powerful enough to overcome any obstacles or issues.

Alexa Harmon turned her back on the only family she had and walked away from the man she loved when her brother died and has s
Flavs is Mrs David Gandy♥~♥’
I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book

This is book 2 in the Raven Riders MC Book. And like the previous book I enjoyed this one just as much.
The Raven Riders are a MC Club who does all the usual MC stuff, but they are also a MC Club that helps abused women and children escape their abusers and helping them to a better life.

This book was about Maverick and Alexa who were childhood friends and then their relationship turned more serious when they fell inlove. But as well as being Alexa's frie
Elizabeth Neal
Apr 25, 2017 Elizabeth Neal rated it really liked it
Maverick, the Raven Riders VP, has only loved one woman since he was a teenager, his best friend's sister, Alexa. However, when his best friend died five years ago, Alexa left, taking his heart with her. He tried to move on, unsuccessfully so, and instead concentrates on helping women in child out of dangerous situations, such as he and his Mom experienced.

Alexa loved Maverick with all that she was, but her brother's death and the circumstances behind it, leave her in fear for Maverick's life as
Kay (❦ ᴗ ❦ ✿) BooksandMe

Rating:

“You. Us. A future. Our history, even the fucked-up parts.”

One of the reasons I don't read blurbs is I wanted to be surprised, especially when I'm reading a series I have my radar into. I was so excited it was Mav's story, and even more excited what's in store for this series.

I've been a Hard Ink fan, and every now and then, I wish I'd see read a glimpse of them and I always wish, there's some of them in the Raven Riders although that would mean bloody.

“To potect her, to comfort h
Bambi Unbridled
3.5 stars / 3 flames. Review in progress.
Kathy Valentine
Apr 08, 2017 Kathy Valentine rated it it was amazing
Alexa wanted to have a great home,a awesome career and a great guy to love and just as she's about to have it all her fiancé grant starts showing his not so awesome side.he's a controlling, bully and has also become physically abusive.Alexa can't take it anymore and turns to her ex boyfriend raven rider maverick.Alexa didn't want to be a part of this world,but with dealing with a abusive fiance and a mother who is mentally ill ,she runs back to the one man who's always been a protector and been ...more
Sheryl
Jan 15, 2017 Sheryl rated it it was amazing
ABSOLUTELY FREAKIN' LOVED THIS!!!!

Review to follow closer to the release date...

*ARC courtesy of Edelweiss and Avon*
Krista
Apr 23, 2017 Krista rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-reads

Laura Kaye gives good second-chance romance, especially with these strong, alpha motorcycle men. Ride Rough is the second book in her Raven Riders series, and with the way it's going, I can only assume that the third book is going to blow me away, because so far things are just getting better and better.

We caught a very brief glimpse into Maverick and Alexa's story in book 1 of this series when she comes to him for help after getting bloodied by her fiance. It was obvious then that the
Ann  Lorz
Reviewed for Romancing the Readers Blog:

Can I just say that I love Laura Kaye's books. I just can't help myself, the second I pick one up I know my day is shot. I just hate to put them down! She has a wonderful way of making your heart break and pissing you off!

Are you intrigued? You should be!

She's great at balancing suspense with romance. What I love is that you know her books are clocked full of suspense but the romance is still the important part of
⚜Trea⚜
FTC DISCLAIMER: I RECEIVED AN E-ARC FROM THE PUBLISHER THROUGH NET GALLEY. I VOLUNTARILY OFFER MY HONEST REVIEW OF THE BOOK, THOUGH IT IS NOT EXPECTED OF ME! RECEIPT OF THIS BOOK IN THIS MANNER DOES NOT AFFECT MY OPINION OF THE BOOK OR THE CONTENT OF MY REVIEW!

I was rather looking forward to this story, but I feel that it didn't quite live up to its potential. The pacing was good, and I liked how we got to see how the townspeople were reacting to the MC in general.

For me, the biggest annoyance i
Michele
Apr 08, 2017 Michele rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: con-rom
Actual Rating: 4.5 Stars

A second chance romance that was oh so right and completely meant to be, Ride Rough was a fantastic addition to Laura Kaye’s Raven Riders MC series. Be ready to swoon when you get to know Maverick, ladies!

“You’re a good man, Maverick Rylan. Better than I gave you credit for. But I see you now.” She paused, and he hung on her words like they were the oxygen he needed to breathe. “I know it may be too late. But, God, I see you.”

Note: This may contain triggers for some read
Take Me Away To A Great Read
Apr 25, 2017 Take Me Away To A Great Read rated it it was amazing
Shelves: need-to-get
Ride Rough by Laura Kaye
(Raven Riders #2)
Published by Avon
Release Date: April 25, 2017
Rating: 5 Stars

I would like to thank the publisher for providing me with an early copy of Ride Rough for an honest review.

Ride Rough is an an emotional story of heart-break, fighting to break free, finding ones-self again and second chance love. I loved everything this book stands for and this series! The book taps into real issues and makes you think about the fight it takes and how we can help others when the
Shahla's bookcorner
Apr 18, 2017 Shahla's bookcorner rated it it was amazing
Ride Rough was AWESOME! It was riveting! Emotional and intense with fantastic characters. Loved this and was completely captivated. I was seriously on the edge of my seat. This series is so fantastic!
The Book Disciple (Samantha)
Apr 18, 2017 The Book Disciple (Samantha) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-s
Ride Rough by Laura Kaye takes 1 part second chance romance, 1 part MC club, a dash of crazy exes and delivers pure reading bliss!
Read Hard - Laura...: Ride Rough #2 Alexa & Maverick 2 17 Aug 02, 2016 05:14PM

About Laura Kaye

4805272 Laura Kaye is the New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author of contemporary and paranormal romance and romantic suspense, including the Hard Ink, Heroes, and Hearts of the Anemoi series. Laura's hot, heartfelt stories are all about the universal desire for a place to belong. Laura grew up amidst family lore involving angels, ghosts, and evil-eye curses, cementing her life-long fascination wi ...more
  • Brighter Than the Sun (KGI, #11)
  • Riveted (Saints of Denver, #3)
  • Rules of Contact (Play by Play, #12)
  • Just What I Needed (Need You, #2)
  • Ink Exposed (Montgomery Ink, #6)
  • Taken (LOST, #5)
  • Fathomless
  • The Darkest Link (Second Circle Tattoos, #4)
  • Fighting Attraction (Redemption, #4)
  • Max (Cold Fury Hockey, #6)
  • Shadow Falling (The Scorpius Syndrome, #2)
  • On Broken Wings (Wild Aces, #3)
  • Defy the Dawn (Midnight Breed, #14)
  • Axed (Extreme Risk, #4)
  • Dirty Sexy Sinner (Dirty Sexy,  #4)
  • Unwritten (Woodlands, #5)
  • Southern Nights & Secrets (The Boys are Back in Town, #4)
  • Untitled (The OGs, #2)