Start by marking “Can I Have a Tyrannosaurus Rex, Dad? Can I? Please!” as Want to Read:
Can I Have a Tyrannosaurus Rex, Dad? Can I? Please!

Can I Have a Tyrannosaurus Rex, Dad? Can I? Please!

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  31 ratings  ·  4 reviews
A boy comes up with many creative reasons why a Tyrannosaurus rex would be a good and helpful pet to have.
Published March 7th 2000 by Troll Communications (first published December 31st 1999)

Be the first to ask a question about Can I Have a Tyrannosaurus Rex, Dad? Can I? Please!

Alice
This is fun book...wishing you had an extinct pre historic in your life, oh the time you would have! There are some serious benefits if you have a T-rex...but mostly not a very practical pet.... Fun book! Looks like the pictures were done in a very neat looking crayon/colored pencil technique.
Janice Redding
This book is aboo talks about reasons ut a boy who talks about reasons why he would like a T- rex to his dad. It is a good fiction book to read before implmenting a lesson on persuasive writing. This is a great read of second graders and up.
Inspired Kathy
This book was fun to read to my 7 year old. A boy keeps asking his dad if he can have a T-rex and telling him all the good things that would happen if he had one for a pet.
Suz
Great example to use for talking about author's purpose and persuasive writing.
Tavoi Taufalele
Tavoi Taufalele marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2015
Joan
Joan added it
May 16, 2015
Jamie
Jamie marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2015
Maria
Maria marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2015
Maris Talaugon
Maris Talaugon marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2015
Rania
Rania marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2015
Vazzy Forrester
Vazzy Forrester marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2014
Michaelhael98bradley
Michaelhael98bradley marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2014
Julie Wyatt
Julie Wyatt marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2014
Amy
Amy added it
Mar 12, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Can I Have a Stegosaurus, Mom? T. Rex Trick-or-Treats Can I Bring Woolly to the Library, Ms. Reeder? Here Comes T. Rex Cottontail My Mom Is a Firefighter