The Wallflower, Vol. 17 (The Wallflower, #17)

The Wallflower, Vol. 17 (The Wallflower #17)

4.27 of 5 stars 4.27  ·  rating details  ·  565 ratings  ·  7 reviews
UNEXPECTED ROOMIES

Just when Sunako and the four hottest guys in Japan had finally gotten used to living together, their landlady springs a shocking surprise: She’s going to remodel the mansion and they’ll be temporarily relocated to a luxury hotel. Now Sunako and the guys are living it up in a gorgeous five-star pleasure palace–exactly the type of place Sunako can’t stand....more
Published September 30th 2008 by Del Rey (first published January 1st 2006)

Tracy
Sakura Yue Michaelis
The chapter that made this volume was "The Dream They Both Shared", where Sunako and Kyouhei are forced to live together. After the episode where they had to dance, I thought Sunako had become used to Kyouhei's 'brightness'; however, in the last chapter, again she has a nose-bleed. I was wondering until when? Luckily Kyouhei makes her realize that she has to get used to him, so she changed a little bit. They became partners, if not friends.

But what I liked the most was that she finally confesses...more
Thetravelingpanda
Sunako-chan and Noi becoming friends!!!! I don't know why but I like Noi too... oh and the episode of Sunako and Kyohei living together was really cute. Without knowing it the two of them are really domestic!
Ubalstecha
This instalment of the series sees Sunako going shopping with Noi while the boys spy, Kyohei and Sunako participate in a ballroom dance competition and the landlady deciding to civilize Kyohei so that he will be a better boyfriend for Sunako. The final story sees the Sunako and the boys decamping to a hotel while the landlady renovates the house. Sunako can't handle the hotel life and disappears. Can the boys find her in time?

Fun and outrageous romp.
Jeffrey
A fun volume that seems to advance the plot a bit more than the previous ones have. We'll see how it goes, but unfortunately I'm not able to access Volume 18, for the moment, without paying for it. Not sure it's good enough to make that kind of investment.
Sarah Evans
The last couple of volumes of this have been lots of fun because not only is the gang up to their old tricks but Sunako is coming out of her shell and discovering things about herself. Including that she actually maybe kind of likes living with the guys. Or at least it's not total hell.
Amy Gideon
3.5/5 stars
Geneveive
Geneveive marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
Sandra
Sandra added it
Jul 14, 2014
Keyani
Keyani added it
Jul 12, 2014
Hansi Berlin
Hansi Berlin marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Carina
Carina added it
Jul 06, 2014
Rose
Rose added it
Jul 13, 2014
Meg
Meg marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
  • Faster than a Kiss 09
  • Special A, Vol. 15 (Special A, #15)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 18
  • Love so Life, Vol. 10 (Love so Life, #10)
  • Skip Beat!, Vol. 30
  • Gokusen 1
  • My Sweet Kaicho, Vol. 7
  • Love*Com (Lovely*Complex), Volume 5
Tomoko Hayakawa (はやかわ ともこ, Hayakawa Tomoyo) is a Japanese artist and writer, best known for her ongoing manga The Wallflower, which has spawned both an anime and a live action series.
More about Tomoko Hayakawa...
The Wallflower, Vol. 1 (The Wallflower, #1) The Wallflower, Vol. 2 (The Wallflower, #2) The Wallflower, Vol. 3 (The Wallflower, #3) The Wallflower, Vol. 4 (The Wallflower, #4) The Wallflower, Vol. 5 (The Wallflower, #5)