Start by marking “Further Adventures of Nils” as Want to Read:
Further Adventures of Nils

Further Adventures of Nils (Nils Holgersson #2)

This scarce antiquarian book is a selection from Kessinger Publishings Legacy Reprint Series. Due to its age, it may contain imperfections such as marks, notations, marginalia and flawed pages. Because we believe this work is culturally important, we have made it available as part of our commitment to protecting, preserving, and promoting the worlds literature. Kessinger P ...more
Published May 4th 2005 by Kessinger Publishing (first published January 1st 1907)

To ask other readers questions about Further Adventures of Nils, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Further Adventures of Nils

Morgan
Jul 28, 2015 Morgan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: borrowed
Didn't write a review for the previous book, because I felt like I had to finish this one to actually get the whole thing. I liked this book a lot. Reminded me of Gulliver's Travels and the Borrowers...in a good way with a little bit of Thumbelina. The main reason I liked these books were the fact they are about Sweden's landscape and wildlife. If you are at all interested in Sweden I recommend these books.
Brianna
Aug 17, 2014 Brianna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Part 2 of Thumbietot's adventures around Sweden, and just as delightful as Part 1. I wish there were an American equivalent of Selma Lagerlof, writing textbooks about American geography and folklore, packaged as a children's novel.
Dave Mevis
Jan 13, 2008 Dave Mevis rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Parents who like to read to their kids
Recommended to Dave by: Al Johnson's, Sister Bay, WI
Shelves: evan
Previously read to Molly. Finished Nils Book 1 with Shannon tonight and cracked the cover on Book 2!

Molly and I like "Further Adventures" even better than Book 1. Hoping the same is true this time around with Shannon!
Annemarie Solon
Jul 07, 2011 Annemarie Solon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very similar in episodic structure to the first book, The Wonderful Adventures of Nils. The stories in Further Adventures, however, are often slightly darker and more morally ambiguous than in the first book.
Kathy Dalquist
Dec 12, 2016 Kathy Dalquist rated it really liked it
This was a fun book and I learned a lot about Sweden and it's people. It is a children's book but well worth reading as an adult.
Diana Maria
Nov 29, 2016 Diana Maria rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
♥♥♥Lovely!♥♥♥
Anna Wallman
Anna Wallman rated it really liked it
Nov 22, 2015
Monika283
Monika283 rated it really liked it
Dec 18, 2016
AgataAnna
AgataAnna rated it really liked it
Apr 26, 2015
Teresa
Teresa rated it really liked it
Aug 18, 2014
Shannon
Shannon rated it really liked it
Jan 29, 2009
Borut S'Orko
Borut S'Orko rated it really liked it
Dec 06, 2014
Kinga
Kinga rated it really liked it
Jul 26, 2014
Stevie
Stevie rated it liked it
Jan 01, 2008
Sarah rated it really liked it
Nov 15, 2015
Anca
Anca rated it it was amazing
Jan 16, 2016
Phoebe Bogdon
Phoebe Bogdon rated it did not like it
Jun 07, 2015
siriusedward
siriusedward rated it really liked it
Feb 25, 2016
G M
G M rated it it was amazing
Jun 21, 2013
Carol Elizabeth Skog
Carol Elizabeth Skog rated it it was amazing
Feb 03, 2014
Ilonita50
Ilonita50 rated it really liked it
Jan 28, 2013
Juan Mejias
Juan Mejias rated it really liked it
Jun 17, 2013
Alexandra Draghici
Alexandra Draghici rated it it was amazing
Apr 17, 2015
Kevin
Kevin rated it really liked it
Aug 21, 2008
Dara
Dara rated it really liked it
Jun 24, 2014
Rowena
Rowena rated it really liked it
Oct 04, 2008
Samuel
Samuel rated it it was amazing
Jul 28, 2015
Maria
Maria rated it it was amazing
Apr 07, 2015
Ramon
Ramon rated it liked it
Jun 29, 2014
Caroline
Caroline rated it liked it
Jan 31, 2010
Selma Ottilia Lovisa Lagerlöf was a Swedish author. In 1909 she became the first woman to ever receive the Nobel Prize in Literature, "in appreciation of the lofty idealism, vivid imagination and spiritual perception that characterize her writings". She later also became the first female member of the Swedish Academy.

Born in the forested countryside of Sweden she was told many of the classic Swed
More about Selma Lagerlöf...

Nils Holgersson (3 books)
  • Nils: The Wonderful Adventures of Nils and the Further Adventures of Nils Holgersson: Combined Unabridged Editions-Two Books in One
  • The Wonderful Adventures of Nils