Start by marking “Unexpected Gifts” as Want to Read:
Unexpected Gifts

Unexpected Gifts

3.42  ·  Rating Details ·  1,565 Ratings  ·  79 Reviews
Feeling sorry for herself, Cassie Williams plays sick to skip out of her family’s Christmas Eve gathering. She loves her family, but on the heels of a divorce and her ex’s new engagement, an evening of togetherness is the last thing she wants.

Long-time friend, Sam MacLane has been in love with Cassie for years, and he isn’t about to let her have her pity party. There’s a
Published November 30th 2015 by Bronwyn Green (first published December 19th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Unexpected Gifts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unexpected Gifts

A Christmas Carol by Charles DickensA Child's Christmas in Wales by Dylan ThomasThe Life and Adventures of Santa Claus by L. Frank BaumThe Snowman by Raymond BriggsThe Christmas Mystery by Jostein Gaarder
Books with words related to Christmas in the title
61st out of 175 books — 8 voters
Nooit meer slapen by Willem Frederik HermansSapiens by Yuval Noah HarariElon Musk by Ashlee VanceThings Fall Apart by Chinua AchebeReady Player One by Ernest Cline
Libros2016
83rd out of 109 books — 2 voters

More lists with this book...

Deborah
Dec 29, 2015 Deborah rated it it was ok

Disappointing read.

I love Christmas romances and I have loads sitting on my kindle just waiting to be read so I thought I'd read this one while everyone else is still in bed since it's only 28 pages.
With so few pages there's obviously not going to be a lot of buildup or background. Cassie has had a massive crush on Sam for fifteen years and now and on Christmas Eve he's on her doorstep covered in snow when all she wants is to be left alone, her marriage has crumbled and her ex is engaged again,
Anna Marie
Jan 27, 2016 Anna Marie rated it did not like it
Since it's only something like eighteen pages long, I feel kind of guilty using it in my GoodReads challenge. But hey... if it catches me up, I guess.

Backstory implied. Guy at her door. Declaration of love. Sex. Sleep. Sex. Presents. Declaration of love. The end.

Really? If you just read this review, you got the whole book... in about the time it would take to download and read it, too! GO, you! :)
Andrea Vincent
Aug 21, 2016 Andrea Vincent rated it liked it
Short

Good book. A little more racy than I'm used to, but still good. Wish it would have been a bit longer, but story fits nicely together as is.
Gina Streetman
Nov 06, 2016 Gina Streetman rated it it was amazing
Great book.

Great short story, loved it! Looking for another to read now. Perfect length for early morning with coffee. Characters were like and I'll definitely recommend the book to my girl friends soon, I lo ok k foward to reading more of your books.
Kelley
Oct 26, 2016 Kelley rated it really liked it
Just like a sparkler... Lots of sparks, very hot + it's captivating while it last! Way to short. Just know going in that this is a a very short story.

A good short story. Just doesn't get in to the details. It would have been a good book. Green could have taken it a lot further.
Maggie molenupp
Nov 07, 2016 Maggie molenupp rated it really liked it
Was good

For a short story I really enjoyed this book. I would really rather it to have been a full length story though.
Denise Antoine
Nov 30, 2016 Denise Antoine rated it it was amazing
Good

Wow. It was a really really great read. I read it in a day. Can't wait for the next book
Nicole Walker
Sep 12, 2016 Nicole Walker rated it it was amazing
even though it was short you were able to follow things easily which was wonderful but more than that when the story was done I put my kindle on my chest and just *sigh* it was such a good read
Maxine
Sep 11, 2016 Maxine rated it it was amazing
!!

Awesome short story just wish it was longer! Would love too see more for this book!!! Maybe the author could do a follow up!
Toni Pulley
Sep 09, 2016 Toni Pulley rated it it was amazing
Good book

This was a sweet story. I am glad they finally got it right. Sometimes you have to go through a lot of stuff before getting it right. At least they made it.
Angelica
Jan 03, 2016 Angelica rated it really liked it
This very short story (28 pages) was a quick fast and sexy Christmas read. Cassie has finally dumped her no-good ex-husband for good, but the divorce and series of events in her life have her playing scrooge this Christmas. Her long-time friend Sam takes her single status seriously and show up on her doorstep declaring his love for her and things don't go exactly as planned. I do think just a bit more development in the number of pages would have made this a GREAT read for me, but the dulldrums ...more
K.J. Chapman
Apr 17, 2016 K.J. Chapman rated it liked it
I downloaded this book for free from Amazon Kindle at Christmas 2015 and hadn't managed to squeeze it onto my reading list. This is a short story; a read in an hour type. I have to admit that I thought it would be a light hearted, sweet, Christmas romance, and I was right about the romance, but it is an erotic romance. I'm not saying that's a bad thing.

There was little time for character development in this 28 page short, but we did learn the history of the main character Cassie and her childhoo
Elizabeth Bennet
I rated this as a short story so even though it is a four star rating remember it isn't as detailed as a full length. What made this book such a good book was while there was one love scene the rest of the book convinced this reader that the couple really loved each other. They have been friends for 15 years after Sam MacLane moved in next door to Cassie Williams. Cassie falls in love with Sam but like most knuckle heads he doesn't figure his true feelings until she's moved on. The biggest ...more
J. Kahele
Mar 17, 2016 J. Kahele rated it liked it
I really enjoyed this short. The writing was excellent and if had been a little longer, it most definitely would have been a five-star read.

It's Christmas Eve and Cassie isn't feeling the Christmas spirit. She's not sad about her divorce, just feels like a fool for being married to a man who couldn't keep his pants up.

Her mom is worried and sends over Sam, her brothers friend to make sure she's ok, a man she has had a crush on for a long time. A kiss turns into more and soon Cassie is left feeli
stephanie littlejohn
Dec 27, 2015 stephanie littlejohn rated it it was amazing
Love your book very exciting from the beginning to the last page. Stephanie Littlejohn. I chose this rating because it drew me into this story immediately. I enjoyed this book very very much you're a AWESOME writer thanks for sharing a wonderful and loving book. I would definitely recommend this book to all my friends to read. Thanks Stephanie Littlejohn

Love your book it captured my attention immediately from the beginning right until the end of the book. Thanks Stephanie Littlejohn
Sherry
Dec 29, 2015 Sherry rated it really liked it
Short, sweet, and steamy! Two friends become lovers in this Christmas short story. Very quick read, but still enough time to lay the foundation for their friendship and take it a step further. It's enough that we want to see more from Sam and these characters, but makes for a great little escape. It's like a quick taste of what could be and it gets your heart pumping just a bit.
Beth Minter
Aug 27, 2016 Beth Minter rated it did not like it
Unexpected graphic sex

I typed in clean books. Clean romance, mystery, historical, etc. This book popped up. It has almost every word and descriptive words for sexual body parts and sex scenes. This book gives the word graphic Novel a whole new meaning. I am not anti erotica, I just didn't want to read any.
Abigail
Dec 27, 2015 Abigail rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
A Quick Read and a Snowstorm

When Sam shows up at Cassie's door, it's easy to guess they'll be snowed in together on Christmas Eve. The old friends route is well done and allows for a unique spin on the "best gift under the tree".

As it always is with short stories like this, I wish there were more so I could really feel connected with the characters.
Michelle Ivey
Dec 28, 2015 Michelle Ivey rated it liked it
Sweet little story

2 people who have known each other for years finally get the chance to share love. A blizzard, a stuck car are the elements that lead to the beginning of a relationship. The story shows how people can care for each other and allow themselves to form a physical relationship in tge oddest of circumstances.!
K.R. Steam
May 16, 2016 K.R. Steam rated it it was amazing
This was my first book by this author. I'm always nervous when reading a book by a new name but I'm really glad I read this book! Yes, it is short but it is completely adorable and hot! Also, I may have teared up... Maybe. :-)
Kim Watters
Mar 04, 2016 Kim Watters rated it liked it
Great book

I really like this short book. It was good and I thought that this was really relatable to people that I know . So I encourage anyone to read this book even if they don't like to read
Jessica Caryn
Dec 16, 2015 Jessica Caryn rated it liked it
Cassie Williams and Sam MacLane. Goodbye ex and hello friend turned lover. I liked Sam's personality. He was playful and rough around the edges. The snowy scene and cozy atmosphere inside was a nice touch.
Eleanor Reid
Jan 11, 2016 Eleanor Reid rated it it was ok
Love or lust

A very entertaining book. Like a young girls fantassey come true. Teenagers would love this book. Not for older people who look for more than happy endings. Love a always wins in the end
Patricia Kiyono
Dec 06, 2015 Patricia Kiyono rated it it was amazing
This is a radical departure from the stuff I usually read, but it's a great side trip! We follow along as Sam helps Cassie recover from a messy divorce. Sizzling scenes blend seamlessly with the emotional ride. Keep a glass of ice water handy as you read.
Janet Juengling-Snell
May 16, 2016 Janet Juengling-Snell rated it really liked it
Awesome lunch box read!

While this may have been free, it was wonderfully written short story that is a perfect quick read. Loved the characters and the past history they share. This book maybe short but I never felt like it was lacking.
Joan Daniels
Jan 02, 2016 Joan Daniels rated it liked it
The one that got away

Overall this was a good story of 2 people who had a crush on each other
When they were young & now they have a chance to be together.
The romantic scenes ate more crude than I care for. Other than that, it was
Pretty good.
Phillip Michael Howard
Dec 30, 2015 Phillip Michael Howard rated it really liked it
First book I've read in a long time which I have not been able to put down. I am not really a reader either, so that is saying something.

Full of love and joy. If romance is your thing, you'll love this book. Pretty much just about sex, but hey! Who doesn't love that?
Eileen
Dec 20, 2015 Eileen rated it really liked it
Really Good .... Erotic and Lovjng

This short story was really good. I cared about the characters. The pace of the story was perfect. The setting caused the two people to concentrate on each other. The love scene was erotic and loving. It was a really good story.
Meagan
Feb 29, 2016 Meagan rated it did not like it
This was the biggest waste of an hour I've ever spent. Unless you like two total chapters of nothing but sex with crass words used for parts of the human anatomy every other sentence. I will not be reading another of this authors writings again.
Joanne Carr
Aug 20, 2016 Joanne Carr rated it liked it
Extremely Short....

I was surprised how short it was bathroom short.
Plot girl gets dump by ex. Old friend always in love comes to her and confesses his love for her and she has always love him...
  • Nice And Rough
  • A Midnight Clear (Fly Me to the Moon, #2)
  • Before Bad Ink (Lunch Break SFF, #1)
  • 'Tis the Season
  • Alien Adoration (Alien Next Door, #1)
  • Wicked Wolf, Wanton Witch (Shades of Naughty)
  • Trapped in a Gilded Cage (Sold to the Alpha #1)
  • Catch That Santa
  • An Evergreen Christmas
  • Always on Christmas
  • Man Trouble
  • Last Christmas
  • Wanted by the Alphas
  • Stranded
  • Risque Business
  • The Bigger They Are...  (Lovers on the Fringe, #2)
  • The Romance of a Christmas Card
  • Warm Winter Kisses
Bronwyn Green is an author, blogger and compulsive crafter. She lives Michigan with her husband, two kids and four somewhat psychotic cats. When not frantically writing, she can be found helping in her youngest child’s classroom or binge-watching Netflix while working on her latest craft project. Bronwyn loves to talk to her readers and can be found at www.bronwyngreen.com.
More about Bronwyn Green...