Start by marking “Madman Comics Yearbook '95” as Want to Read:
Madman Comics Yearbook '95

Madman Comics Yearbook '95 (Madman Comics)

After three years, Madman Comics: Yearbook '95 (Volume 1) returns to print Witness Madman framed for a murder on the high seas Follow him as he tracks down Dr. Flem's runaway robots Watch and be amazed as he battles mutant street beatniks.

Contains: Madman Comics #1-5
160 pages
Published 1996 by Dark Horse Comics

To ask other readers questions about Madman Comics Yearbook '95, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Madman Comics Yearbook '95

Steve
May 02, 2010 Steve rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Not sure if this is the correct edition that I read. I couldn't find my edition which was a collection of issues 1-11 originally published by Dark Horse (although this collection is by Image Comics who had taken over publishing Madman). This is some pretty whack stuff and, if you choose to read it, it will not disappoint. Mike Allred's series really covers some far out themes. The Madman hero (Frank Einstein) ponders what it means to be alive while dealing with self-replicating robots; the natur ...more
D.M.
Oct 31, 2010 D.M. rated it really liked it
While I find the first-issue art strangely off-kilter (was the pen nib split or something?), this is more top-knotch ginchy adventure with the Madman of Snap City. Featured herein: renegade robots; more hot girls (whatever happened to the adorable Sadie Shelley? and am I imagining that Bonnie's getting more...bodacious as the story continues? and of course there's always Joe...aah, Joe...); a murder mystery; a celebrity guest-star; and one of the longest punch-ups I've ever seen in comics! All t ...more
Nat Thomson
Feb 09, 2015 Nat Thomson rated it it was ok
It's ok.
Russell Olson
Jul 14, 2013 Russell Olson rated it it was amazing
Madman is one of my all-time favorite superheroes and Allred one of my all-time favorite comic artists. I hadn't read the books in this collection since they were in print the first time, and man are they a lot of fun. I love all the work Allred has done with X-Statix and now FF, but I would be just as pleased if not more so if he just wrote and drew Madman day in and day out. It really is the perfect comic for my sensibilities.

Morgan
May 05, 2012 Morgan rated it it was amazing
I kind of feel that everything before this was just set up. Allred was figuring out what he wanted to do previously, and slowly but surely started to flesh it out, but this is where everything starts going with all cylinders firing. It embraces all of the kooky homages, but still delivers fun stories.
Mike Serisier
Jun 18, 2010 Mike Serisier rated it did not like it
Shelves: books-from-ed
Didn't understand it. Events were too fast paced, too random, contrasted with extremely slow and confusing character development. Got halfway through and gave up.
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2016
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2016
Mark
Mark marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2016
Neon Cheetah
Neon Cheetah rated it really liked it
Aug 17, 2016
Garrett
Garrett rated it liked it
Jul 11, 2016
Juan
Juan marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2016
Remy'S Dad
Remy'S Dad rated it really liked it
Jun 15, 2016
Ash
Ash rated it really liked it
Jun 13, 2016
Ben Johnson
Ben Johnson rated it it was amazing
May 18, 2016
Timothy
Timothy rated it it was amazing
May 17, 2016
Raven Forrest
Raven Forrest marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2016
Kim Servera
Kim Servera rated it liked it
Feb 16, 2016
Mathew R  Bain
Mathew R Bain rated it liked it
Jan 30, 2016
Mikebo
Mikebo added it
Jan 28, 2016
Batmark
Batmark rated it it was amazing
Dec 18, 2015
Linton Brown
Linton Brown rated it really liked it
Nov 15, 2015
Guy-Enigmatico
Guy-Enigmatico rated it really liked it
Aug 09, 2015
Mark Mcdermott
Mark Mcdermott rated it really liked it
Dec 30, 2014
Anthony
Anthony rated it it was amazing
Oct 24, 2014
Filipe Alves
Filipe Alves rated it liked it
Apr 29, 2015
'kris Pung
'kris Pung rated it really liked it
Jun 15, 2014
Glenn
Glenn marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2014
Chaya
Chaya rated it it was amazing
Feb 16, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Michael 'Doc' Allred (Also Credited as M. Dalton Allred) grew up in the 60's and 70's and was surrounded with the best in pop culture and a steady diet of music, movies and comic books including the three B's: Beatles, Bond and Batman to the point of obsession.

So it should come as no surprise that he keeps a hand in film and music (He's the lead singer and guitarist for The Gear), but comic books
More about Mike Allred...

Madman Comics (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Madman Volume 1: The Oddity Odyssey
  • Madman Atomic Comics, Volume 3: Electric Allegories
  • Madman Super-groovy King-Size Special
  • Madman Atomica!
  • Madman Comics Volume 4: Heaven and Hell (G-Men from Hell 1-5)
  • Madman Volume 2