Start by marking “The Bride Wore Black Leather... and He Looked Fabulous!: An Etiquette Guide for the Rest of Us” as Want to Read:

How do you introduce your slave to your mother? What address do you put on a letter to your brother and his male lover? How can a butch lesbian get proper service in the men's department? What's the best way to handle it if you mistakenly call your transgendered friend by the wrong pronoun?Drew Campbell, the etiquette diva who brought you Miss Abernathy's Concise Slave Tra ...more
Published January 17th 2001 by Greenery Press (CA) (first published May 2000)

Be the first to ask a question about The Bride Wore Black Leather... and He Looked Fabulous!

Christine Pugh
Mar 06, 2013 Christine Pugh rated it liked it
Recommends it for: the kinky, the polyamorous or open-mided queer communities
I checked this book out from my local GLBT library and I found it very amusing, open-minded and respectful. As some other commentators have noted, it is primarily a guide to employing the golden rule of, "Don't be a dick!". I found that its information on the US leather scene and polyamorous communities was highly informative without being prurient.

Where I would advise caution, however, is in recommending this book to your average GLBT community. The author tends to group all "altsexers" togethe
Christy
Jun 23, 2015 Christy rated it liked it
I picked this up on a whim. I found it interesting, and full of common-sense - even though I didn't always agree with the author. (For example, I don't believe that "People who are looking for more ought not go to bed with someone they've just met", and I don't think that using "therapy speak", e.g., the term "issues," is annoying.)
I think the book was ahead of its time - I can barely believe it's 15 years old now. I'm only giving it three stars, though, because it seemed snooty at times, and th
House Hesson
Aug 21, 2010 House Hesson rated it liked it
Shelves: borrowed
This book presents etiquette for, primarily, a kinky community. There is some adherence to classic standards that no one freaking remembers anymore but it's mainly used as a guidepost when Wheaton's Law is not enough to answer a question. And it is, largely, a guide on using Wheaton's Law...which is what a living, modern version of etiquette rests upon. Some Q&A's venture into other subcultures that are likely to cross: for example, the question of how to address Pagan clergy.

The parts that
Mirrordance
Nov 19, 2010 Mirrordance rated it did not like it
Prometteva meglio. Che fosse un libro "leggero" era chiaro, ma alla fine è del tutto inutile. Si poteva vivere senza. Molto americano, perde l'occasione di essere ironico e di evasione. Un manuale di etichetta assai scontato che fa pensare che gli americani siano del tutto incapaci di relazioni interpersonali, se devono leggere su un libro come ci si comporta in certe occasioni. Occasione persa per suggerire qualcosa di utile o scrivere qualcosa di spiritoso.
Kelsey
Oct 03, 2007 Kelsey rated it liked it
Shelves: reference
An etiquette guide for "alternative lifestyles." A useful thing to have next time you have to write out a party invitation to a D/s household. I thought it was very interesting.
Angela
Jun 28, 2008 Angela rated it liked it
who knew?
sam
Dec 10, 2008 sam rated it liked it
Shelves: queer
Funny and fluffy
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2016
Ash Powers
Ash Powers rated it it was amazing
Aug 01, 2016
Choc Onyx
Choc Onyx marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2016
Lizzil
Lizzil rated it really liked it
Jan 07, 2016
Alexis
Alexis marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2015
Elaine
Elaine rated it liked it
Dec 01, 2015
Shayla
Shayla rated it it was amazing
Oct 18, 2015
vivicadabra
vivicadabra rated it it was amazing
Jun 20, 2015
Sierra
Sierra rated it liked it
Nov 25, 2014
Why_137
Why_137 rated it really liked it
Sep 20, 2014
Raechel
Raechel marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
Luna Carruthers
Luna Carruthers rated it really liked it
Aug 08, 2014
Miss Lily
Miss Lily rated it really liked it
Jun 11, 2014
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
May 16, 2014
Theresa
Theresa rated it it was amazing
May 08, 2014
Evey
Evey is currently reading it
Apr 16, 2014
Diamond
Diamond marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2014
Nla Indianapolis
Nla Indianapolis marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2015
Kyle Machulis
Kyle Machulis rated it really liked it
Jan 10, 2014
Rae Frame
Rae Frame marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2014
Maryann Fläsch
Maryann Fläsch rated it it was amazing
Nov 08, 2013