Start by marking “Darkness Falls” as Want to Read:
Darkness Falls

Darkness Falls (Clara Pascal #1)

3.32 of 5 stars 3.32  ·  rating details  ·  68 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Clara Pascal had everything. A high-flying barrister and devoted mother, she was envied by her peers. But now she lies in a dark cellar and her kidnapper will not explain why. DI Lawson leads the police team working to find her, but who is her abductor? Even her husband is not above suspicion.
Unknown Binding, 368 pages
Published August 15th 2002 by Not Avail (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Darkness Falls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Darkness Falls

Kay Robinson
Pippa 9 year old daughter of Clara and Hugo Pascal insists she wants her always too busy mother, a barrister, to take her to school instead of her babysitter Trish. What happens outside the school that day will change the family's life forever and give DI Steve Lawson and DS Barton their most puzzling case yet. Margaret Murphy gives the reader one of the most disturbing insights into the mind of a serial killer that I've ever read and keeps the reader waiting with bated breath to discover an end ...more
Maddy
Clara Pascal is a wife, mother and holds a high-powered job as a barrister, and all of those things make demands on her time and energy. As the books opens, it's her daughter's birthday; and in spite of the fact that she's in a rush, Clara gives in to Pippa's pleas to be driven to school. As her daughter is walking away from the car, a man abducts Clara, with Pippa the only witness to the act.

As we soon discover, Clara is not a random victim. Her kidnapper has carefully planned the abduction. T
Kelly
Hmm, I'm not sure if I'm liking this one or not. I've kind of stumbled through the first 50 pages and not sure whether to continue. Now I'm remembering why I've always avoided reading British mysteries! All the terminology is so damn unfamiliar - DI, PC, DS, CID, SIO, Constable - I have no idea what any of these things stand for or what they are, and it frustrates me and causes irritation. Yes, I could look them all up, but I'll just promptly forget again and have to keep refreshing my memory. I ...more
Rita
I loved this book. The author has the coolest writing style where it's very emotional without being wordy, sappy, overwrought with gooeiness. I confess that I love English books, I am not even sure why. I always feel as it the English writers are more authentic. Not trying to be storytellers. Or maybe there are but coming upon English words and phrases are refreshing. I am not sure, exactly.
Great story and very well developed plots and subplots. Very invigorating to get great characters and exce
Pat
I enjoyed this more than I thought I would. Normal people, professional police, a plausible story and a good twist made it thoroughly readable. The tension ratcheted up as you wondered whether the abducted woman would make it out alive (because they don't always) and the pacing was just right. Yes, it was lightweight but very well put together.
Marti
First of all, it is hard to record a book like this, which has the same title as a number of others. I thought that I had meticulously scoured the list, but I may have missed checking a book or two. This takes place in England, obviously. The circumstances may seem rather implausible--surely many lawyers get guilty clients off, and the parents of their victims do not get revenge. I also felt that there could have been some indication as to whether Clara Pascal planned to continue representing sc ...more
♥Dafne♥ Cardenas
I LOVED THIS BOOK FULL OF SUSPENSE AND PHSYCOLOGICAL THRILLER. this book is all about the guilt of a woman caused to a man to kidnap her for her own good. i would recommend this book and this is a book to read for. trust me.
Nicola
Maybe 7/10 the story itself was good but i wasnt too keen on how it was wrote if that makes sense
READABLE though
David
Took a while to get into but momentum built to a great finish
MaryAnn
Chilling mystery--maybe too scary?
Matthew
Jul 28, 2008 Matthew added it
Recommends it for: Anyone who wants to read crime fiction
Shelves: crime
A great crime thriller.
Mary G.
Good to very good.
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2014
Robert Scott-Norton
Robert Scott-Norton marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2014
Catherine Browne
Catherine Browne marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2014
Felicia
Felicia marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Alexandra Sjödin
Alexandra Sjödin marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Ant Harrison
Ant Harrison marked it as to-read
May 24, 2014
Sunne Minnie
Sunne Minnie marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2014
Megan Murphy
Megan Murphy marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2014
Robin
Robin added it
Apr 22, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Now You See Me The Dispossessed Weaving Shadows Dying Embers The Desire of the Moth