Start by marking “Reimagining Evangelism: Inviting Friends on a Spiritual Journey” as Want to Read:
Reimagining Evangelism: Inviting Friends on a Spiritual Journey

Reimagining Evangelism: Inviting Friends on a Spiritual Journey

3.58  ·  Rating Details  ·  130 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
Finalist, Fourth Annual Outreach Resource of the Year (2006) Sometimes talking about Jesus with your friends can feel like trying to close a deal on a sales call, pushing something on people they may not really want. But what if you thought of it more like inviting them on a spiritual journey? Imagine being free to be yourself and free for the Spirit to work in you. Imagin ...more
Published August 1st 2006 by InterVarsity Press (first published June 26th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Reimagining Evangelism, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reimagining Evangelism

Emily
Jun 25, 2008 Emily rated it it was amazing
Normally when I read books about evangelism, I end up feeling bad about not being bolder and feeling convicted, yet somewhat apprehensive, about stepping out more with my faith. In Reimagining Evangelism, Richardson gives some really helpful paradigms for evangelism in the context of our current society and I'm left feeling really hopeful and excited about what it can mean to share about Jesus with my friends, acquaintances, and family.

Having been a part of Intervarsity for the past few years, t
Mark Soone
Apr 10, 2012 Mark Soone rated it liked it
I would probably go 3.5 stars for this. I am not real familiar with Richardson, but he brought a fresh approach to storytelling evengelism and took some looks at other tried and perhaps dated methods. Evangelism is a sorely lacking need in the church, that books like this will always be relevant and in demand. However I prefer many other evangelism books over the years to this one...that does not make it bad, far from it, rather I like some other options out there more.

The problem is most believ
Chris
Jun 29, 2007 Chris rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Christians looking to grow in their evangelism
Richardson's book is very helpful for people who want to know how to share the gospel in a postmodern context. As I was reading it I could think of many interactions in my college context where the ideas and discussions of this book would have helped me greatly. Too bad I didn't read it earlier! Richardson explores concepts such as Spirit-led evangelism and the idea of going from a "salesperson" approach (which no one, not even Christians, like) to a "travel guide" approach, which is actually a ...more
Andy
Nov 30, 2015 Andy rated it really liked it
Recommended for readers who want to reach people who do not believe in Christ with a post modern approach, the approach of friendship.
Daniel
Jul 05, 2007 Daniel rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: would be evangelists of this generation
Shelves: evangelism
A great book! I appreciated rick's candid and open approach to evangelism. He opens up the world of inviting friends onto a spiritual journey and shifts the paradigm from conversion to journey and direction. These ideas are not new to readers of out of the salt shaker (or even of Mark if you look closely) but he articulates these things well and remains practical enough that you feel like you could do it!
I also appreciated his section on using your own gifts for evangelism. He is a collaborator
Jovan Barrington
Aug 28, 2014 Jovan Barrington rated it really liked it
Fresh approach to sharing the Gospel. Get rid of your scripts!
Graham
May 16, 2013 Graham rated it really liked it
A very good, concise resource for helping passionate Christians share their faith in creative ways. It provides some very helpful insights into the problems of some modes widely used in some circles, and pushes readers to expand the thinking on evangelism to include various possibilities, and "outside the box" methods for presenting Jesus in a way which is more faithful to the way the New Testament authors present him.
Jeff
Dec 21, 2012 Jeff rated it liked it
Wanna know the point of this book and how to Evangelise? Two words: Be Real! Coming from the background I've been steeped in it was freeing to read about it, but it didn't teach anything new necessarily! I would recommend it to those steeped in the 4 laws model, or cold-call evangelism, but others already in tune with relational evangelism, and everyone else, the point is just to be real! Stop nicing things up!
Brad Kittle
Apr 09, 2012 Brad Kittle rated it liked it
Shelves: spiritual
I got some great ideas from this book, ones I will use. Still not sure what I think about the book overall. The Holy Spirit detective agency chapter was a 5, but some of the other chapters were less than stellar. 3 Star for me is good and this book was good, but not great.
John Williams
Aug 16, 2007 John Williams rated it it was amazing
i've read 7 or 8 books on evangelism and this one is the best. book is only 160 pages and could be read in an afternoon. he shuns a lot of the excesses I've seen people take in efforts to share the gospel and advocates a style that makes a lot of sense.
Michelle Young
Jul 10, 2007 Michelle Young rated it really liked it
Shelves: christian
Shatter your paradigms of how to "go to Judea and Samaria and to the ends of the earth" (hmm, did I get that reference right?). Super helpful for shaking up your thinking about conversing with folks about faith and Jesus in a real way.
Jay Rivera
Mar 13, 2010 Jay Rivera rated it really liked it
I purchased this book a few years ago and only finished half of it. I'm rereading it now and appreciate Rick Richardson's insights into communicating one's beliefs through storytelling.
Milan Doshi
Feb 05, 2013 Milan Doshi rated it really liked it
Shelves: christian-books
Practical application, and challenging. One of the best way's to evangelize is to do things with non believers that you love doing!
Rev.dulce
Sep 17, 2007 Rev.dulce rated it really liked it
Shelves: evangelism
This is a great book if you are interested in a new way to do evangelism. If don't want to change your method then don't read it.
Aswindo
Oct 04, 2011 Aswindo rated it really liked it
Shelves: christian
Sedang membaca edisi bahasa Indonesianya. Sangat menginspirasi..... :)
Danny
Jul 20, 2007 Danny rated it it was amazing
Dump all your old evangelism books in the garbage and just read this one.
James
Mar 03, 2011 James rated it liked it
Shelves: missional, evangelism
Some helpful insights on how to do evangelism today.
Chris Wheatley
Sep 15, 2007 Chris Wheatley marked it as to-read
Shelves: ivp
rick is great.
Ara Koliantz
Ara Koliantz rated it really liked it
May 02, 2016
Jess
Jess rated it it was amazing
Apr 20, 2016
Brad
Brad is currently reading it
Apr 16, 2016
Seth Bobbink
Seth Bobbink marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2016
John Richards
John Richards rated it really liked it
Mar 15, 2016
Carla
Carla marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2016
Michael Bowman
Michael Bowman rated it did not like it
Mar 04, 2016
Troy Pancake
Troy Pancake marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2016
Rob
Rob rated it really liked it
Feb 17, 2016
Kristy
Kristy is currently reading it
Feb 16, 2016
Stuart Guild
Stuart Guild rated it liked it
Feb 16, 2016
  • Sabbath Keeping: Finding Freedom in the Rhythms of Rest
  • Out of the Saltshaker: Evangelism as a Way of Life
  • A Mind for God
  • The Compact Guide to World Religions
  • Jesus Without Religion: What Did He Say? What Did He Do? What's the Point?
  • The Gospel After Christendom: New Voices, New Cultures, New Expressions
  • Jesus Driven Ministry
  • The Message of the Sermon on the Mount
  • The Last Word: Beyond the Bible Wars to a New Understanding of the Authority of Scripture
  • The Kneeling Christian
  • Chronological Study Bible: Explore God's Word In Historical Order- New King James Version (NKJV)
  • Created for Community: Connecting Christian Belief with Christian Living