Start by marking “Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, #3)” as Want to Read:
Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, #3)

Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy #3)

4.40  ·  Rating Details  ·  240,605 Ratings  ·  9,055 Reviews
WHAT IF FOLLOWING HER HEART MEANS ROSE COULD LOSE HER BEST FRIEND FOREVER?

Lissa Dragomir is a Moroi princess: a mortal vampire with a rare gift for harnessing the earth's magic. She must be protected at all times from Strigoi; the fiercest vampires - the ones who never die. The powerful blend of human and vampire blood that flows through Rose Hathaway, Lissa's best friend,
Published November 13th 2008 by Razorbill (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Shadow Kiss, please sign up.

Jessie Burroughs Good thing there's two more books in the series, right?
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Naomi I hope they will find a cure or something :((((
City of Ashes by Cassandra ClareHush, Hush by Becca FitzpatrickCity of Glass by Cassandra ClareClockwork Angel by Cassandra ClareMarked by P.C. Cast
Books That Should Be Made Into Movies
13th out of 23,325 books — 59,828 voters
The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsHarry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. RowlingTo Kill a Mockingbird by Harper LeePride and Prejudice by Jane AustenTwilight by Stephenie Meyer
Best Books Ever
133rd out of 42,974 books — 161,220 voters

More lists with this book...

Kristi
Nov 15, 2008 Kristi rated it it was amazing
Incredible! This series continues to get better. This is one of the best vampire themed series’ out there. After my disappointment with other series’ losing there touch, I have to say that it is not the case with these books. Everything that initially drew me in is still there and then some. I’ve been in anticipation for this book for a long time, and when I finally got a copy it trumped everything else!

There were parts of the story that I figured out, and even though I wanted the novel to end
The Holy Terror
I think I have to assume that something devastating will happen in every series that Mead writes. With this one I was pretty much crying from the last 40 pages until the end. Talk about heartbreaking! I sort of saw what was going to happen coming but it didn't make it any less horrible. I'm actually still feeling the effects of this novel and I had to quickly order the next two books to find out what happens.

On the heels of the death of her friend, Rose finds out that she's going to start six w
Rose
Dec 15, 2013 Rose rated it it was amazing
Well holy shiiiiiiiiiit @ the end of this.
Kimi
Buddy read with the lovely Yasmin

Finishing this book and running to Goodreads like

So this book started off really well. I think this might be one of those series that get more interesting with each new book. But that ending! Why did nobody warn me? The worst part is that I don't even have the next book.

(view spoiler)
Kat Kennedy
Mar 30, 2010 Kat Kennedy rated it really liked it
So far, Shadow Kiss is my favorite book in the series. Richelle Mead steps up her game on a number of fronts, in my opinion.

Plot, characterization, style, pacing and romance. All of these receive a marked improvement.

The VA world becomes more real, relatable and defined. The relationship become more involved, less childish and the main character, Rose, receives a healthy dose of adulthood.

I am coming to really enjoy these books. I wouldn't have continued past the first one without the encouragem
Courtney
Nov 12, 2008 Courtney rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans of the twilight series
Shelves: teens, horror
Etnik
Aug 21, 2015 Etnik marked it as dnf
DNF 10%

description

Can't continue with this.It's so cheesy and I never liked the main character and I don't feel like reading about vampires anymore.
Yasmin (Book Unicorn)
Dec 15, 2015 Yasmin (Book Unicorn) rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
4/5 stars

Buddy read with my awesome friend Kimi :D

Shadow Kiss is definitely my favorite of the VA series (although my rating doesn't really reflect that lol).

If you haven't heard of the series (have you been living under a rock?), it's about a girl named Rose. Rose is a Dhampir, a 1/2 human, 1/2 vampire. Dhampirs are guardians for the Moroi/"pure" vamps, and protect them from the Strigoi, who are evil, bad, killing vamps. Fuck writing my own synopsis, just read the GR's one.

Anyways, I'm really l
Norah Una Sumner
description

I feel like it doesn't get better than this.Rose is finally becoming more mature,the whole story was really interesting and captivating,there are a lot of serious issues and topics included in this book and the characters are finally starting to feel...real.If that makes any sense.That ending was so intense-I would have never ever thought that a Vampire Academy novel was going to make me cry but it really happened.I don't think that the rest of the series can take this book off the throne when i
Pearl Angeli
(I realized that I wasn't able to make a review of this book. Lol. I'm sorry) :D

Anyways, Shadow Kiss is the third installment of the Vampire Academy series. I loved this sequel because everything that happened here was remarkable. I saw the strength of character Rose was able to develop. I also loved the romance between her and Dimitri. The whole book was also filled with adrenaline-pulling action scenes which were a lot better than the first two books.

The great aspect of this book was the clim
☆ ĄňŊǡƂėƮĦ ☆ ŞŧŎŋė
5/5

OH MY GOSH! I am so upset right now after reading that ending! I seriously have tears in my eyes. I have to collect my thoughts before I write a full review.

So that 30 minutes did about nothing to help me get over that ending. I was basically depressed and now desperate to read the next one.

This book has to be my favorite book ever. There subplots and subplots. The whole Strigoi problems, relationships, mystery ghosts, and again relationships there were no pauses and that was very good.

Dimitr
Emily May
May 31, 2011 Emily May rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal-uf, 2011

There's no denying it, I loved this third book in the series (probably best of all) and I finished it with all kinds of feelings and thoughts running through my head. The ending leaves the reader on such a cliffhanger and the fact that I am constantly being warned against reading book 4 just makes it all the worse. I want to know what happens... damn it, I NEED to know what happens. Can that possibly be it? (view spoiler)

I've com
Heather
Apr 30, 2013 Heather rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal, vampires
I didn't really enjoy the first two books of the Vampire Academy Series but I adored this one! Shadow Kiss has a ton more action & I actually feel for the characters!
Rose is quickly becoming one of my all time favorite female characters. She is strong, smart and not taken lightly.
Lissa- I'm not really a huge fan of Lissa. I mean I like her don't get me wrong but I just feel like she could be more.
Dimitri- There's nothing more to be said.

This is very true.

Christian- I am beginning to like
Juliana Zapata
May 20, 2015 Juliana Zapata rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
En este libro las emociones no hacen mas que aumentar a cada página, llegas a un punto en que la acción, la pasión, el romance y el peligroso no te dejan parar de leer.

Hasta ahora mi favorito de la saga. Ademas el final esta de muerte, no puedo creer ninguna de las cosas que pasaron al final de este libro.

Reseña Completa: http://bastvilard.blogspot.com/2015/0...
♔ Leah.
Spoilers ahead, you have been warned

I think this book kind of made me love this series because it went on a level that no other YA book went before and I was very happy about the fact that Richelle Mead took a risk, but looking back in hindsight at this series? I was wrong, terribly wrong but let’s save that for when I do reviews of Spirit Bound and Last Sacrifice, shall we?

In Shadow Kiss, Rose is suffering the trauma of the Spokane incident and Mason’s death- which adds another twist: she i
Dan
Jul 27, 2013 Dan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sobs, owned
Let me express my feelings of this book by using this gif

description

That pretty much sums up my feelings for this book.
Jianne
Shadow Kiss is the third installment in The Vampire Academy Series and it is by far, my favorite book in the series! I mean, how can I not? It's so good!

Adele won 6 Grammy in the past Grammay's. What does she have to say about the book?

Adele approves!

Summary

Shadow Kiss continues the story of the main character, Rose Hathaway and her education in becoming a Guardian. Rose knows it is forbidden to love another guardian. Her best friend Lissa- the last Dragomir princess- must always come first. U
Mitabird
Dec 02, 2012 Mitabird rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya, paranormal, re-read
Shadow Kiss started off slow, but ended up being great. I really like how Ms. Mead takes things to a level where not everything has a happy ending. It has realistic qualities for being a young adult paranormal book. I felt Rose's pain and confusion as she struggled with what she had to deal with being "shadow kissed". I enjoyed her interactions with Lissa, Dmitri and Adrian. Even though I inadvertently knew a big piece of the story, it didn't happen as I envisioned. This book has a lot of heart, ...more
Jilly
Sep 02, 2015 Jilly rated it liked it
I rarely thought about Dimitri as someone with a life away from me.

You know who else thinks people disappear when they leave the room? Infants. It's a concept that they have to grow out of - figuring out that people have lives apart from when they are in the child's presence. It's called "Object Permanence" and according to my old psychology book, a child should have fully developed object permanence by the age of 2.

In other words, although Rose shows signs of maturity on rare occasions, she h
Nov 05, 2008 Sarah rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: people who can handle it none of you twilight-happy ending people
what to say about this book... i just finished it and it was really good but some people will be very angry about it not to give too much away. and just to tell you rose does make a huge decision in this book and it's mind blowing. i liked it because it continued on in the infamous manner of the series not to give too much away. defiantly a must read series and it left a wide opening for the next book to be awesome. there's not really much to say i really liked it but it makes you sad just like ...more
Gela & Pineapplez ♡
OMFG.
My heart...
My fu*&ing heart...

Anouk | (Foxidian_)
Aug 01, 2015 Anouk | (Foxidian_) rated it it was amazing
I am not okay, not at all...
I cried like a baby...
Euryanthe
Sep 13, 2013 Euryanthe rated it really liked it
Oh god... Dimitri... I can't even... That ending!

Pretty much took off a star because I was disgusted with how Rose treated Adrian in the end. No matter how hurt you are it doesn't give you the right to use people in such a way. What a fucking bitch she is sometimes.

Apart from that thing, this was the best one so far. Can't wait to see what happens next.
Christy
Nov 13, 2008 Christy rated it it was amazing
This is the third book in the VAMPIRE ACADEMY series and I highly recommend you read the first two books before reading this one. I read all 400 plus pages of this book in one day ~ it grabbed my attention from the very first and I could not put it down. Intense, suspenseful and full of shocking surprises ~ I can't wait until the next book is released!

Laz
Jan 11, 2015 Laz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: vampire addicts
“You will lose what you value most, so treasure it while you can.”

You see that? It's 5 STARS!!. This grew so much onto me and I can't shake that feeling of excitement every time I read a word, a page, from this book. I've tied myself with the characters on such a profound level.

This book was the epitome of crying-hard-in-your-bed. It's one of those books that after you finish reading you just stare ahead into the unknown with your dead-feeling eyes for the rest of the day and when you snap out o
Booknut
And I'm lying on the cold hard ground!

Q: How does Taylor Swift's catchy song apply to me reading Shadow Kiss?
A: Because I knew there was trouble when I walked in.

Lol, jokes - I knew there was trouble the moment that weird psychic lady was like, "You will lose what you treasure the most!" Because it would be horribly convenient if the book didn't end in a heart-wrenching cliffhanger, now wouldn't it?!

I was just...shattered.

Broken.

And the saddest fear...comes creeping in. That my OTP is doomed
Marga
I saw a major spoiler:

When I get to THAT part while reading:

It might have affected me much more if I wasn't spoiled at all. UGH. Why do I have to browse reviews?! Lesson learned, I guess.
Isa Cantos (Crónicas de una Merodeadora)
Yo pensé que mi racha de encontrarme con autores crueles había acabado, ¡qué ingenua! Claro, llega Richelle Mead a presentarte personajes alucinantes, situaciones complicadas que se van desenvolviendo más o menos bien, que van llegando a un punto en que dices "¡vaya! Si por fin las cosas pintan genial" y luego ¡ZAZ EN TODA LA CARA! ¿Felicidad? ¿Qué es eso? MUAJAJAJAJA *risa cruel de la autora aquí*.

Por si no lo adivinaron con el párrafo anterior, Shadow Kiss me dejó destrozada. Creo que el final
Liz* Fashionably Late
2/4/2014

Buddy (re)read with my smart friend Yani just to hold her hand whenever she needs it.

Mrs Mead, why can they just be happy?? why?
Juliet had it easy...

Damn it. This was amazing. Still my favorite in the series.

I think the dynamics Christian/Rose and Adrian/Rose were one of the best things of the story. Obviously, the cabin scene was still amazing but what about Christian and Rose teaming up to fight Strigoi? Man, that was epic.

The whole thing took under a minute. Christian and I exchange
  • The Dead Girls' Dance (The Morganville Vampires, #2)
  • Betrayals (Strange Angels, #2)
  • Foretold: 14 Tales of Prophecy and Prediction
  • At Grave's End (Night Huntress, #3)
  • Stake That (Blood Coven Vampire, #2)
  • If I Die (Soul Screamers, #5)
  • The Wedding of Antanasia Jessica Packwood and Lucius Valeriu Vladescu (Jessica, #1.5)
  • Demonglass (Hex Hall, #2)
  • Stargazer (Evernight, #2)
  • Lover Unbound (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #5)

A life-long reader, Richelle has always loved mythology and folklore. When she can actually tear herself away f
More about Richelle Mead...

Vampire Academy (6 books)
  • Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1)
  • Frostbite (Vampire Academy, #2)
  • Blood Promise (Vampire Academy, #4)
  • Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy, #5)
  • Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy, #6)

20 trivia questions
11 quizzes
More quizzes & trivia...
“You will lose what you value most, so treasure it while you can.” 2618 likes
“What's up?" I asked.

You tell me," he said. "You were the one about ready to start making out with Adrian."

It was an experiment," I said. "It was part of my therapy."

What the hell kind of therapy are you in?”
2556 likes