Start by marking “ルードヴィッヒ革命 1 (コミック)” as Want to Read:
ルードヴィッヒ革命 1 (コミック)

ルードヴィッヒ革命 1 (Ludwig Revolution #1)

4.17 of 5 stars 4.17  ·  rating details  ·  538 ratings  ·  26 reviews
Ludwig Revolutionis a gothic horror sh jo manga by Kaori Yuki. The story tells about Prince Ludwig who is ordered by his father to find himself a wife more suitable (by more suitable, he means not dead) than the women he often brings into the castle. Along with his servant Wilhelm, they travel across the land in search of fair maidens from classic stories in hopes of findi ...more
Comic, 149 pages
Published 2004 by 白泉社

To ask other readers questions about ルードヴィッヒ革命 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about ルードヴィッヒ革命 1

Nisha
This is so insane and morbid, yet very good. Definitely worth a read. Its just a retelling of every fairytale in the most disturbing way.
Jada
I have mixed feelings about this book.
Well, let's start w/ the stuff i like: classic fairy tales, pretty people, fancy clothes, creative spin, unexpected twists in the storyline, humor, ooh pretty guys w/ long hair (thats always a plus) visual kei ;]
The bad: macabre
the thing is that i had no idea what i had gotten myself into... I just grabbed this manga from the public library because it look pretty and it was short (4 vols) and i wanted a break from the never ending long stories. *SPOILER ALER
Lee
First of all, the art for this series is some of the most gorgeous I've had the fortune to experience in manga. It's often incredibly detailed and a real feast for the eyes.

Since the story is a retelling of fairy tales many readers will be familiar with what's going to happen-but then they'll often see it turned completely on it's head. It has the usual gamut of princesses and classic characters (Hansel & Gretal, Rapunzel, Cinderella) but they've been made unique and fleshed out (and not pu
Tranlinh
truyện đọc bị ngu vcl có lẽ để thỏa mãn sở thích siêu giai nhân hoàng tộc đanh đá kiêu căng hẹp hòi ích kỷ rất hoa và rất lệ một bông hoa hồng gai có độc lộng lẫy xinh đẹp kinh hồn đẫm nặng một mùi Master các ấy hiểu. chuyên khoe đùi buộc tóc cao đi bốt cao chơi đồ da báo lúc mặc váy còn hếch chân lên ấy sở thích là dẫm vào kẻ khác Master éo chịu được 10 người nhìn thì 9 người ba phần tư muốn quỳ lạy dưới gót giày người em sassy arrogant kinh tởm mét 86 trông éo có vẻ gì mươi chín tuổi ấy móng t ...more
Jenna Loesch
Finally got around to reading the translation of this manga. Y U NO PUBLISH IN ENGLISH?!?
Holly Interlandi
Finally found good translations to aid in my understanding... and, holy shit, does it get any better? The princely protagonist is into big boobs, necrophilia, and leopard print. Snow White seduces her father. Sleeping Beauty is an antisocial child of rape. And don't even get me started on Little Red Riding Hood...
Sara
Jul 19, 2012 Sara rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who like retellings of fairy tales
3.5 Stars. Although this is fairy tales retold, it is not for kids. Teens would be okay, I think, though Kaori Yuki is usually kind of risqué. (I read her as a teen, though...)

This volume contains retellings of Snow White, Red Riding Hood, Sleeping Beauty, and Blue-Beard. Hansel and Gretel is alluded to. It's both episodic and continuous. The larger story arc is that Prince Lui has been told to go find himself a bride and he and his servant are now investigating the various candidates. Lui has v
Januwarsi Niratisaya
Tired with all the serious books, I turn to my comic shelves and reread this work of Kaori Yuki once more. Anyone who's been asking on the life of the princes in Snow White or Sleeping Beauty, you may find the answer in Ludwig Revolution, which titled Revolution in Indonesia.

No, he's not as noble as the portrait given by the story we've read and enjoyed. Well, you could say that he IS POLITE and CHARMING. But only for females, and certain females only--one who heavy on the top. Brain and boobs.
Emilya Kusnaidi
Sejak baca Angel Sanctuary, saya jadi keranjingan baca bukunya Yuki Kaori. Kemudian pilihan jatuh pada Ludwig Revolution - yang kata teman saya, beda banget dengan karya Yuki Kaori lainnya.
Dan kesan setelah membaca, well memang beda sih. Yuki Kaori tetap menyajikan kekhasannya; a sick, twisted fairy tale. Tapi, Ludwig Revolution ini... manga fantasy-comedy! Jadinya, meskipun tetap bertema twisted fairy tale, tetep ada unsur lucunya dengan karakter Ludwig yang aneh-nyebelin-tapi sadis.
So, overa
Navya Ajan
This book is alittle on the dark side. A twisted version off the fairytales that we love are portrayed in it. And the surprising part is that i actually like it! after all those cute and romantic mangas Prince Ludwig was kind of refreshing.
Jigzy Lacambra
A friend of mine told me about this manga. I like this manga already really a fairy tale with a twist! I love Ludwig!
Val
excellent les contes de fées revus par kaori yuki, ludwig est un prince complètement obsédé (voir pervers), fidèlement suivi par son valet il cherche une princesse pour se marier (sur ordre de son père), dans ce premier volume on va tour à tour rencontrer une blanche neige absolument abominable, un petit chaperon rouge parenticide devenue tueur a gage, une princesse ronce (le belle aux bois dormant) qui n'est qu'une illusion et un barbe bleu timide lorsqu'il n'a pas sa barbe (l'histoire qui m'a ...more
Aleksandra
The best manga I have read so far! :)
Dancing Queen
Je m'attendais à pas grand chose au vu du résumé et finalement c'est une très bonne surprise ! Le prince est à la fois drôle, charmant, obsédé et surtout complètement taré, c'qui fait que les histoires sont vraiment plaisante à (re)découvrir. Ces parodies des contes de Grimm, façon Kaori Yuki, sont un vrai régal !
Orlaith
Kaori Yuki is one of my favourite mangakas and this volume did not disappoint me.

Her artistic style is so appealing to me, so delicate and beautiful. Even if I didn't have the story, I would have enjoyed just looking at the beautiful drawings.

I loved the twist on well-known fairy tales as well. I also enjoyed seeing a bit more humour in this compared to other stories by the mangaka, since her works are usually very dark.
Kagama-the Literaturevixen
3.5

An arrogant and manipulative prince and his long suffering manservant travels around searching for a suitable bride and ends up in various versions of fairytales.

The art is insanely beautiful and its worth reading it just for that.

The stories are (pardon the pun)very grim,most always with some bizarre twist to the fairytales we have been told since we were children.

Makes me think of:
Natalia Kills-Wonderland
Patricia BookExhibitionism
I loved the afterword, where Yuki says something like, "I always found it hard as a child to trust those princes to be oh-so-good when they could whip out unusually cruel punishments to their enemies without any second thoughts."

Interesting take on fairy tales, but it's also a little.. slow. A manga I'd read more because of its inspirational purposes than for the stories themselves.
Bookkitten *tea & chocolate-holic*
We all know fairy tales, but weve never read them in Kaori Yuki style... till now.

Prepare to meet the adventures of a breast-focused slightly sadistic prince and his servant, dealing with the bounty hunter Little Red Riding Hood, a new intrigue in every fairy tale kingdom and a masochistic witch who likes cosplay, and much much more.

A Kaori Yuki masterpiece in four tomes.
Stéphanie
Ah ! Je suis enfin réconciliée avec Kaori Yuki ! Comte Cain était un manga pas mal mais il manquait un petit quelque chose. Quand à Angel Sanctuary s'était tout bonnement insupportable. Ludwig est bien dessiné, l'idée des contes de fées classiques version trash et gothique est franchement sympathique et bien menée. A suivre.
Momoberry
Dec 24, 2010 Momoberry rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Momoberry by: A friend from high school (she knows very well about manga)
Une critique complète sur mon blog ...more
Denise
A brilliant parody of Grimm's Fairytales. Kaori Yuki's amazing art + a hilarious new take on the wellknown stories = epic win. (And the clothes. Gotta love the clothes!)
Marie
Les contes occidentaux, revus et corrigés par Kaori Yuki, version gothique et un soupçon d'humour.
Denisa
Another rating: 8/10 (for whole series!)
Serena
Lettura: da 1 a 4 (completa)
  • Descendants of Darkness, Volume 9
  • Nana 15
  • After School Nightmare, Volume 9
  • The Tarot Cafe, #3
  • Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic, Volume 10
  • The Tyrant Falls In Love, Volume 3
Kaori Yuki (see also 由貴 香織里) is a female Japanese manga artist best known for her gothic manga such as Earl Cain, its sequel Godchild, and Angel Sanctuary. Yuki debuted in 1987 with Natsufuku no Erii (夏服のエリー) which ran in the manga anthology Bessatsu Hana to Yume published by Hakusensha.

Her work is typically serialized in one of Hakusensha's two shōjo manga anthologies, Bessatsu Hana to Yume and
More about Kaori Yuki...

Ludwig Revolution (4 books)
  • Ludwig Revolution, Vol. 2