Start by marking “Quest Study Bible, Personal Size (New International Version)” as Want to Read:
Quest Study Bible, Personal Size (New International Version)

Quest Study Bible, Personal Size (New International Version)

4.68 of 5 stars 4.68  ·  rating details  ·  307 ratings  ·  50 reviews
'With over one million copies sold, the Quest Study Bible is designed for inquisitive readers who desire solid answers to their many questions. With thousands of notes and hundreds of articles by top evangelical scholars, this unique Bible addresses the common, uncommon, and perplexing questions people ask about Scripture. Passages that puzzle will snap into clarity as rea ...more
Leather Bound
Published July 12th 2005 by Zondervan Publishing Company (first published September 1st 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Quest Study Bible, Personal Size, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Quest Study Bible, Personal Size

Kathryn
When I first started college, I decided to get a new Bible. There are so many out there to choose from, it can be a little difficult to know what kind you should get. I was recommended this Bible by a friend of mine who had been reading it for a year or so and said she loved it. In fact, she'd used it so much, she needed to get a new one.

I went to Lifeway, a Christian bookstore/store, to check out this Bible, and others to figure out which one I would want. I was immediately attracted to the Qu
Carrie
This is my favorite bible, with many common questions and answers along the sides of each page. It's great for those just starting out reading the bible, or for the curious in nature who like background explanations or definitions of terms. I appreciate that when there is an topic that scholars have debated, the notes will typically point that out. The explanations and answers along the sides are generally brief and easy to understand. Sometimes there are little maps showing what/where a scriptu ...more
April Sarah
I'm really starting to love this bible. The way it is set up makes it that much more enjoyable. The side bar notes are interesting to read and give more of an understanding to the context of the scripter being read. What I love the most is the larger articals often found at the bottom of the page that gives a good background of why things are the way they are. Also at the beginning of every book it gives a little history lesson of the why, who, when, to whom and what to look for about the book.

G
FlibBityFLooB
This was my first study bible.

I replaced it with the revised version and passed this one along to a friend in need.

I love the annotations / questions / answers throughout.
Vincent
So, (yeah!) I read the Bible on the three year plan, and it took me, well . . . about three years to read it. This edition was very helpful with maps, chronology charts, sidebars, bubble articles and notations of explanation (all of course from the Christian perspective). Many useful indices in the back.

My interests drew me mostly to the History books of the Old Testament and the Gospels of the New Testament. After Genesis and Exodus, the Books of Law (or Torah) were a bit hard to get through, b
Dan
Last year I realized that I only knew bits and pieces of the Bible. I had never read it growing up nor were we required to read any of it during my Catholic grade school or high school years. I made my decision to read the entire thing based on the fact that it is the foundation for hundreds of millions of people all over the world, so I thought it best to know exactly what it said.

What does it say? Well, quite a few things. Some of them are pleasant and contain wisdom that extends into the 21st
Joannebmcmillan
Of all the Bibles that I own, the NIV Quest Study Bible is my favorite ~ it is easy to read, but most importantly, the editors have included tons of research, maps, etc. This has been so key in helping me understand the beliefs, customs and geography during the span of biblical history. I wholly recommend this bible, especially to teens and new Christians.
Jessica Savage
Jan 17, 2011 Jessica Savage rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Jessica by: God : )
I will never mark this as "read", but rather always "currently reading" because you can always find something new no matter how many times you read the Bible.

I really like this Bible because it has sections that help you go deeper into what certain passages mean and how to think about them in relation to modern day life.
Shannon
the inspired Word of God, the literal message from Him to us that teaches us:

1- to know more about God Himself
2- to know more about His Plans for the Life to Come
3- to know more about His Plans for the Life I Live Now
Linda
I like the presentation of this study Bible. The explanations are easy to understand and cover a lot of topics.
Mellie B
Really liked all the sidebar explanations!
Carolyn Feltus-atkinson
I really like this Bible because it had on the sides a lot of information that is helpful concerning the times and relates the passage to others.
Susan
Sep 26, 2012 Susan rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone!
Five stars of course! In depth study as part of the Disciple study series. We are currently studying the Gospel of Luke. This study takes up the bulk of my reading time.

Oh my - finished the study of Luke long ago, but can't say whole Bible has been read. We'll call that a continued endeavor!
Stacy
Well, finally figured out that "to read" feels more appropriate, as one day I will read cover to cover (would that I were not such a slow reader!)
I highly recommend this format though, because the notations and historical information throughout are insightful and interesting.

Katie Casey
This has been my main study Bible for a couple years now and I really like it. Some study Bibles have too much fluff for me - I don't like to be too steered my the commentaries and footnotes. This one just answers some key questions and also has a decent concordance in back.
Tiffany
I will always be reading this Bible but I will say that it has helped me understand and apply the Word of God. As a new Christian I knew that I had to find a good study Bible to help make things stick. This Bible is doing just that. It is truly a blessing to have!
Brittany Elaine
Best BIBLE I've ever had. The commentary on the side makes sure I understand every detail in the story I am reading. It makes studying and learning the BIBLE a lot easier. And all the resources are organized and clear to understand. I will have this BIBLE forever.
Valerie
This is a great Bible for someone new to reading the Bible or someone that is well versed. It has a guide of where to start, how long it should take you etc. It has great side notes to help with understanding the scriptures and is easy to read and follow.
Rachel
I really love this version of the NIV. It's formatted in a way that makes the notes really easy to read. Usually, just when you have a question, you see it with the answer in the sidebar. Lots of room to add your own notes, and great for a Bible study class.
DaShannon
I started a 3 year reading plan in 2007 and finished today, a little late but so totally worth it. I've read it through a few times and so it begins again... I do love this version (NIV) and its study aides but I think I'll try a different version this time.
John
One of the top study Bibles. (NIV and NKJV by Nelson are tops). I chose this one for my teenage daughter. I prefer it over Teen Bibles. If you knew all that is in the notes you would find Bible College easy.
I am a Pastor and seminary grad (May 08)
Susan Keraus
Really enjoy this particular Bible...has some great "helps" along the edges of the page, if a certainly passage is confusing. Plus a good reference section at the back. Very good "read it through" Bible.
Lisa
I have many different versions of the Bible, but this is my all time favorite. It is full of interesting article to help the reader understand the customs and traditions of people from the Old Testament.
Karisa
This Bible is so perfect for personal and group Bible study. There are great questions in the margins. They really help start conversations and discussion on Gods word. This is my favorite Bible!
Melissa
I love the bible, but this bible wasn't my favorite study bible. So, far the application bible was way better. Going to read through the Holman study bible and see how that goes :)
D.L. Teamor
Very good for newly converted Christians, not so much for learned Christians. However, even as a foundational resource for the newly saved, I prefer to teach from The Journey Bible.
Victoria
The notes in the margins are incredibly helpful. I'm currently reading through the major prophets and some of the symbolism would have been totally lost on me otherwise.
Ken
My favorite study bible, because it is not overburdened with notes. "Over 6,000 questions and answers address basic textual, historical, and theological questions." Easy to use.
I wish this version had a search feature and/or a solid table of contents on the nook version. I am enjoying the concordance and the additional commentary.
FlibBityFLooB
This is my favorite edition of a bible. Keep it at my bedside.

I love the annotations / questions / answers throughout.

I also love the cover art :)
  • Istri Pilihan (Bride Wanted)
  • Total Access: A Journey to the Center of the NFL Universe
  • NASCAR Holiday 2: Miracle Season/Season of Dreams/Taking Control/The Natural
  • The Ten Commandments: The Significance of God's Laws in Everyday Life
  • Our Greatest Gift: A Meditation on Dying and Caring
  • David: 90 Days with A Heart Like His
  • The Everyday Life Bible: The Power of God's Word for Everyday Living
  • 25 Books Every Christian Should Read: A Guide to the Essential Spiritual Classics
  • Tempting Faith: An Inside Story of Political Seduction
  • Hug Your Customers: The Proven Way to Personalize Sales and Achieve Astounding Results
  • Peace with God: The Secret Happiness
  • Every Woman Needs a Wife
  • Fairy Tale
  • Ministries of Mercy: The Call of the Jericho Road
  • A Place of Quiet Rest: Finding Intimacy With God Through a Daily Devotional Life
  • The Jewish Study Bible
  • The 13th Apostle
  • A Fine Night for Dying (Paul Chavasse #6)
Books can be attributed to "Anonymous" for several reasons:

* They are officially published under that name
* They are traditional stories not attributed to a specific author
* They are religious texts not generally attributed to a specific author

Books whose authorship is merely uncertain should be attributed to Unknown.
More about Anonymous...
Holy Bible: King James Version The Arabian Nights: Tales from a Thousand and One Nights The Epic of Gilgamesh Holy Bible: New International Version The Quran

“10So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” 0 likes
“21In him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple† in the Lord. 22  [?] And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit.†” 0 likes