Start by marking “A Mulligan for Bobby Jobe: A Novel” as Want to Read:
A Mulligan for Bobby Jobe: A Novel

A Mulligan for Bobby Jobe: A Novel

Bobby Jobe is a pro golfer whose swing is better than his attitude. When he bogies the last four holes and blows his lead in a major tournament -- again -- he berates his caddy, Henry "Greyhound" Mote. Jobe loses both Greyhound, who walks off the course, and the game. And before the day is out, he'll lose his eyesight to a lightning strike and his future in golf -- unless ...more
Published May 7th 2002 by Harper Perennial (first published January 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about A Mulligan for Bobby Jobe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Mulligan for Bobby Jobe

S.J. Crown
Sep 20, 2012 S.J. Crown rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed this book, and it will always be special for me. Along with The Legend of Bagger Vance (which is much better than the movie), it was instrumental in motivating me to write my own novel set in the golf world. In A Mulligan for Bobby Jobe, as in other good sports novels, the sports setting merely provides a backdrop as our heroes, blind golfer Bobby Jobe and his caddie Henry Mote, struggle to overcome their inner flaws. It helps if you're a golf fan, but even if you're not, yo ...more
Brooke
Apr 07, 2008 Brooke rated it did not like it
I know I read this one but I don't remember any of it.. Or even if I liked it so I guess I have to re-read it...
Veronica Harris
Jan 23, 2016 Veronica Harris rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Though sports, and certainly golf, only interests me nominally, I enjoyed this book. (8.5)
Brian123
Jan 19, 2009 Brian123 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: people who like good stories
Recommended to Brian123 by: dad
Good book, I'm not really into Golf fiction but its ok. Its a quick read, but I just can't really get into it. I think its a good story. If u like golf, then u would proably like it. Thumbs up!!!!
Mary
Apr 25, 2013 Mary rated it really liked it
Touching story that really surprised me. I never expected to read a golf story that was so much of page turner. Good character development and a good story about life, love, friendship, family and golf.
Tom(my)
Nov 12, 2008 Tom(my) rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Golfers
Shelves: audible-com
A quick read. A story that kept my interest. The side story of the dad was pretty kewl; although, I think you need to know a bit about golf history [Ben Hogan] to understand the full impact of his condition.
Christy
May 24, 2013 Christy rated it liked it
There is a WHOLE lot of golf in this book. It was a little odious to be reading about every single stroke. However, the story behind the golf was pretty good, not fabulous though.
Mr. George
Jul 07, 2012 Mr. George rated it really liked it
Shelves: golf-reads
really have to love golf stories to love this one.....so, yea, I liked it...lots of cursing....but when you golf, that happens...cool story and pretty true to tour life.
Trina
Trina added it
Sep 15, 2016
Tim
Tim rated it liked it
Sep 12, 2016
Mark
Mark rated it it was amazing
Sep 06, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2016
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2016
Don V.
Don V. rated it liked it
Jul 15, 2016
Sjunette
Sjunette marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2016
Ephraim Larazo
Ephraim Larazo rated it liked it
Jun 07, 2016
Jesper
Jesper added it
Mar 26, 2016
Wavycurls
Wavycurls marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2016
Niza
Niza rated it really liked it
Apr 07, 2016
Julie
Julie added it
Feb 03, 2016
Margaret
Margaret rated it it was ok
Jan 18, 2016
Jeff Pfeiffer
Jeff Pfeiffer marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2016
Amy
Amy rated it really liked it
Jan 06, 2016
Carol
Carol added it
Oct 29, 2015
Grant
Grant marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2015
Nicholas McMillan
Nicholas McMillan marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2015