Start by marking “Dinosaurs Big and Small” as Want to Read:
Dinosaurs Big and Small

Dinosaurs Big and Small (Let's-Read-and-Find-Out Science, Stage 1)

Some dinosaurs were big. How big? As long as four school buses in a row, as heavy as sixteen elephants.

Some dinosaurs were small. How small? Read and find out!
Published May 7th 2002 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about Dinosaurs Big and Small, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dinosaurs Big and Small

Yanel Plata
Nov 17, 2015 Yanel Plata rated it liked it
This book is about dinosaurs that range from the smallest to the biggest, it describes each dinosaur. It starts off with describing how big the first dinosaur was and the name of the dinosaur. This book describes what type of food each dinosaur ate, for example a sauropod was a plant eater. There are various illustrations in this book that help the child receive a sense of what the dinosaur might have looked like in each page it is described. It helps the reader create imagination with all the i ...more
Alex Martinez
May 03, 2015 Alex Martinez rated it liked it
This book by Kathleen Weidner Zoehfeld is a nonfiction book made for very young readers. It is classified as Level 1 by the publisher. It includes facts about different types of dinosaurs ranging from very small sized to gigantic. The book includes looks at many different types of dinosaurs, time periods they lived in, and what parts of the world they could have been found.

I think this was a good book for its intended audience - young children who want to learn about dinosaurs. The illustrations
Melanie
Aug 05, 2015 Melanie rated it really liked it
Great information about many different dinosaurs, with sizes, what they ate, and behavior (lived in herds, etc.). No helpful name pronunciation guide.
Inna Nako
Jan 14, 2012 Inna Nako rated it really liked it
Grade 4-5, Classifying organisms into groups, factors of survival or extinction

-a book all about different size dinosaurs
-very informational book, many facts about the sizes, shapes, habitats of dinosaurs
-can be used to introduce a lesson in science about dinosaurs
-also can make a connection and be hands on because many kids like playing with toy dinosaurs and stories about these creatures
-i like how at the end of the book there is a comparison of lenghts and weights of dinosaurs accompanied by
Jan
Apr 17, 2009 Jan rated it really liked it
My seven-year-old confrere was rapt for this one, too. We especially enjoyed the measurement of dinosaurs' lengths in four-foot-tall kid units, as well as their apparently more traditional weight measurement in elephant units. Who knew?

I probably learned almost as much from this book as my short sidekick did. It gave him plenty of practice with his numbers, too. I'll dream of itty-bitty eight-inch baby dinosaurs tonight. Two thumbs up.
Silvia Hajas
Oct 05, 2014 Silvia Hajas rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids-books
My daughter loves dinosaur books and this one is a great addition to our collection. A simple introduction to sauropods, carnivores, how they compare in sizes and weights, timeline of existence all supported with beautiful illustrations.
Samantha Penrose
Dec 15, 2008 Samantha Penrose rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: dino lovers 3-6
This book does a good job of explaining just how big (or small) dinosaurs really were. exp...the first page shows 22 kids laid out next to a diplococus...
Gea
Aug 08, 2007 Gea rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Children (and parents)
Shelves: childrensbooks
I love this whole series - Let's Read and Find out Science. Great pictures, interesting story/facts - I learn a lot from these books and so does my son.
Cool
Jul 20, 2010 Cool rated it liked it
DMW - the illustrations are pretty.
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2016
Terra
Terra marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2016
Ioan Marginean
Ioan Marginean marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2016
Mina
Mina added it
Sep 05, 2016
Helen
Helen rated it really liked it
Jul 01, 2016
Tracy
Tracy added it
Jun 30, 2016
Jacob Anderson
Jacob Anderson marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2016
Rebecca Loyd
Rebecca Loyd rated it liked it
Mar 28, 2016
Angelo
Angelo added it
Mar 29, 2016
Emily
Emily added it
Sep 21, 2015
Jasmin Santana
Jasmin Santana marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2015
Sarah Kuhlman
Sarah Kuhlman rated it liked it
Aug 19, 2015
Misterka Homeschool
Misterka Homeschool rated it it was amazing
Aug 07, 2015
Roopi
Roopi marked it as to-read
May 16, 2015
Erica
Erica added it
Sep 20, 2015
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it it was amazing
May 02, 2015
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2015
Lily
Lily marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2015
Valerie Stephenson
Valerie Stephenson rated it really liked it
Sep 23, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
Kathleen Weidner Zoehfeld is the award-winning author of more than sixty books for children, including DINOSAUR TRACKS, "a great choice for even the most discriminating dinophiles" (School Library Journal); DID DINOSAURS HAVE FEATHERS?, a Children's Book of the Month Club selection, described as "fascinating" by Kirkus Reviews; and DINOSAURS BIG AND SMALL, a 2003 Oppenheim Toy Portfolio Best Book ...more
More about Kathleen Weidner Zoehfeld...

Let's-Read-and-Find-Out Science, Stage 1 (1 - 10 of 103 books)
  • Bugs Are Insects
  • I'm Growing!
  • My Hands (Let's-Read-and-Find-Out Science, Stage 1)
  • How Many Teeth?
  • Clouds
  • My Feet
  • My Five Senses Big Book (Let's-Read-and-Find-Out Science, Stage 1)
  • What's Alive?