Start by marking “Dinosaurs Big and Small” as Want to Read:
Dinosaurs Big and Small

Dinosaurs Big and Small (Let's-Read-and-Find-Out Science, Stage 1)

Some dinosaurs were big. How big? As long as four school buses in a row, as heavy as sixteen elephants.

Some dinosaurs were small. How small? Read and find out!
Published May 7th 2002 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about Dinosaurs Big and Small, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dinosaurs Big and Small

Yanel Plata
Nov 17, 2015 Yanel Plata rated it liked it
This book is about dinosaurs that range from the smallest to the biggest, it describes each dinosaur. It starts off with describing how big the first dinosaur was and the name of the dinosaur. This book describes what type of food each dinosaur ate, for example a sauropod was a plant eater. There are various illustrations in this book that help the child receive a sense of what the dinosaur might have looked like in each page it is described. It helps the reader create imagination with all the ...more
Alex Martinez
May 03, 2015 Alex Martinez rated it liked it
This book by Kathleen Weidner Zoehfeld is a nonfiction book made for very young readers. It is classified as Level 1 by the publisher. It includes facts about different types of dinosaurs ranging from very small sized to gigantic. The book includes looks at many different types of dinosaurs, time periods they lived in, and what parts of the world they could have been found.

I think this was a good book for its intended audience - young children who want to learn about dinosaurs. The illustrations
Inna Nako
Apr 18, 2012 Inna Nako rated it really liked it
Grade 4-5, Classifying organisms into groups, factors of survival or extinction

-a book all about different size dinosaurs
-very informational book, many facts about the sizes, shapes, habitats of dinosaurs
-can be used to introduce a lesson in science about dinosaurs
-also can make a connection and be hands on because many kids like playing with toy dinosaurs and stories about these creatures
-i like how at the end of the book there is a comparison of lenghts and weights of dinosaurs accompanied by
Jan
Apr 17, 2009 Jan rated it really liked it
My seven-year-old confrere was rapt for this one, too. We especially enjoyed the measurement of dinosaurs' lengths in four-foot-tall kid units, as well as their apparently more traditional weight measurement in elephant units. Who knew?

I probably learned almost as much from this book as my short sidekick did. It gave him plenty of practice with his numbers, too. I'll dream of itty-bitty eight-inch baby dinosaurs tonight. Two thumbs up.
Silvia Hajas
Apr 19, 2016 Silvia Hajas rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids-books
My daughter loves dinosaur books and this one is a great addition to our collection. A simple introduction to sauropods, carnivores, how they compare in sizes and weights, timeline of existence all supported with beautiful illustrations.
Gea
Aug 08, 2007 Gea rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Children (and parents)
Shelves: childrensbooks
I love this whole series - Let's Read and Find out Science. Great pictures, interesting story/facts - I learn a lot from these books and so does my son.
Melanie
Aug 05, 2015 Melanie rated it really liked it
Great information about many different dinosaurs, with sizes, what they ate, and behavior (lived in herds, etc.). No helpful name pronunciation guide.
Samantha Penrose
Dec 15, 2008 Samantha Penrose rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: dino lovers 3-6
This book does a good job of explaining just how big (or small) dinosaurs really were. exp...the first page shows 22 kids laid out next to a diplococus...
Aili McGregor
Aili McGregor rated it liked it
Jan 22, 2012
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it it was amazing
May 02, 2015
Villain E
Villain E rated it liked it
Oct 23, 2016
Rebecca Loyd
Rebecca Loyd rated it liked it
Mar 28, 2016
Heather
Heather rated it liked it
Oct 15, 2012
Sofia
Sofia rated it really liked it
Aug 08, 2012
Heidi Ahmed
Heidi Ahmed rated it liked it
Jul 20, 2013
Elizabeth B
Elizabeth B rated it it was amazing
Jan 04, 2013
Jessie Garner
Jessie Garner rated it liked it
Nov 25, 2013
C.
C. rated it really liked it
Sep 29, 2013
J.
J. rated it really liked it
May 01, 2014
Ker
Ker rated it really liked it
Jun 06, 2013
Amy Baric
Amy Baric rated it liked it
Sep 26, 2012
Christina Faulkins
Christina Faulkins rated it really liked it
Oct 20, 2016
Boat
Boat rated it liked it
Mar 26, 2014
Anita
Anita rated it liked it
Oct 26, 2016
Buyana Ulzii
Buyana Ulzii rated it really liked it
Jun 28, 2011
Sarah Kuhlman
Sarah Kuhlman rated it liked it
Aug 19, 2015
Helen
Helen rated it really liked it
Jul 01, 2016
Dean
Dean rated it liked it
Oct 08, 2013
Kim
Kim rated it really liked it
Nov 08, 2009
Jen
Jen rated it it was amazing
Jun 19, 2008
Kathleen Weidner Zoehfeld is the award-winning author of more than sixty books for children, including DINOSAUR TRACKS, "a great choice for even the most discriminating dinophiles" (School Library Journal); DID DINOSAURS HAVE FEATHERS?, a Children's Book of the Month Club selection, described as "fascinating" by Kirkus Reviews; and DINOSAURS BIG AND SMALL, a 2003 Oppenheim Toy Portfolio Best Book ...more
More about Kathleen Weidner Zoehfeld...

Let's-Read-and-Find-Out Science, Stage 1 (1 - 10 of 103 books)
  • Bugs Are Insects
  • I'm Growing!
  • My Hands (Let's-Read-and-Find-Out Science, Stage 1)
  • How Many Teeth?
  • Clouds
  • My Feet
  • My Five Senses Big Book (Let's-Read-and-Find-Out Science, Stage 1)
  • What's Alive?