Start by marking “Fear the Fantastic (Everworld, #6)” as Want to Read:
Fear the Fantastic (Everworld, #6)

Fear the Fantastic (Everworld #6)

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  1,529 ratings  ·  32 reviews
As Christopher and his friends continue to survive in Everworld until they can find a way back to their own world, they find themselves witnessing the Hetwans preparing to defeat Greek lands and battling the repulsive and dangerous Ka Anor, who is planning to invade Mount Olympus.
Mass Market Paperback, 186 pages
Published September 15th 2000 by Scholastic (first published March 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Fear the Fantastic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fear the Fantastic

Nemo (the Moonlight Library)
Christopher and the gang are sent off on their second ever quest: to deliver Dionysus, god of a good time, and his companion Ganymede, a man so beautiful he makes straight guys question himself, to Zeus on Olympus. Only problem is to get to Olympus they have to pass through Ka Anor, the go eater’s territory.

It took me several weeks to read this book. I fell terribly sick and all I wanted to do was sleep, so if I wanted to get to sleep I’d read a fee pages of this and soon I’d be snoring. It was
Julie Decker
Having finally made it to Ka Anor's territory (after heading that way and getting intercepted regularly), Christopher, Jalil, April, and David are trapped in a forest by the disciples of Ka Anor: the Hetwan. And two gods of Everworld--Ganymede and Dionysus--are also trapped there as condemned deities waiting to be consumed. The kids must join these gods to escape to Olympus. Christopher, due to his own misgivings about homosexuality, is disturbed by his depth of dedication to Ganymede--though it ...more
Katelynn
I have feelings. I hate books.
Rebekah
I picked up this one from the used bookshelf because I hadn't read any in the series and I'm trying to take a look at as much teen/ya fic as possible right now. I flipped through it and thought the sarcastic, quick witted writing style was fabulous and brought it home.

Granted, there are 5 books in the series before this one and I'm literally jumping in the middle but this was a hard one for me to finish.

The whole experience felt like this: Make some snarky, wise-assed comments, run from the al
Amy Laurens
Applegate also authored the Animorph series, which I quite enjoyed in highschool, and this has a similar flavour: lots of action, snarky first person MC, shiny, shiny world building, and a few clever plot ideas.

This book picks up midway through the series, and while I hadn't read any of the previous ones, it was easy enough to figure out what was going on. MC Chris and friends are stuck in Everworld, the world where the gods are real, and creatures from fairytales can be friends - or nightmares.
Amanda Orlich
So far for me, this has been the weakest book in the series. I still read it very quickly, but it wasn't as exciting. Yes, there was immense danger at every corner, but the majority of the book involved running from the Hetwan. Run run run, almost die, run run run, meet a Greek god, run run run.

This story is told from Christopher's point of view. Christopher is one of my favorite characters; he's witty, extremely cynical and very jaded. So hearing his thoughts is always entertaining.

I won't giv
Samantha

Questi libretti sono FANTASTICI! Quando poi parla Chris è ancora meglio! Mi divertono, mi distraggono e non mi stufano mai. Li hanno etichettati erroneamente come "età di lettura 8 anni", ma questo capitolo è un'altra conferma che IN REALTA' sono per TUTTI.
Inseguiti dagli Hetwan poi è gestito da Chris che non fa che pensare al sesso, non mi sembra tanto per un bambino di otto anni! Secondo me, sicuramente sono per un pubblico giovane (più o meno adolescen
Melissa Bennett
This book finds the quartet leaving Fairie land and walking straight into Ka Anor's territory. There they find the Greek god Dionysis and the very handsome and immortal Ganymeade as prisoners of the Hetwan. Both are on the menu for Ka Anor.They are able to help them escape and try to flee to Olympus where Dionysis claims he can make them all immortal. But to get to Olympus, it means travel right through Ka Anor's hive. In this book we finally get to meet this Ka Anor and Christopher goes through ...more
Trisha
Fear the Fantastic follows Discover the Destroyer, and more than any other installment I've read, it reminded me that this series is best read as one long book. While Dionysus appears for the first time and the four travelers get to have a bit of a fight from time to time, this book is primarily a transition book. We are simply moving from one place to the next. At the end of DtD, they have just entered the lands of Ka Anor, and FtF merely gets them to the center of the city. Now I have to wait ...more
Stevie
Oct 11, 2008 Stevie rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: own
Molly
A truly brilliant take on mythology. For anyone who has ever been a fan of the religions of yore you'll be enthralled with Applegate's world of aliens and gods. My favorite series when it first came out and still one of my favorite series. The beginning of the first book is a bit difficult to get into, but once you get past that it is simply phenomenal. Applegate creates an entire world within Everworld while drawing enough from our own world so as not to entirely alienate or confuse the audienc ...more
Adam Smith
This book takes place as the group wanders through Hetwan country. The main character's slow deterioration as stresses in both universes wear on him makes it feel like very little progress was made in this volume.

Wandering into Hetwan country, Christopher and the gang have no choice but to keep moving forward and hope for the best. After freeing a pair of captured Greek gods, the group must travel through Ka-Anor's city itself if they hope to make it to safety.
Dana
Kind of an interesting one. I found myself thinking that the characters were pretty shallow through the first half of the book and was pleased to find that the shallowness was actually addressed. While Everworld isn't the greatest series in the world, the characters are developing and that is always nice to see, especially in such short novels.

Again, I will keep reading.
Arbré Écorce
Swankivy
Oh, joy! In Everworld, Christopher's dealing with giant bugs, a drunk god, and a fabulously beautiful gay immortal guy. In the real world, he's trying to figure out how the hell he ended up working at a copy shop controlled by a bunch of bigots. I found touching his guilt over his unfulfilled pact with Ganymede, though. Waaah.
Alex Murphy
Not as strong as the others, but what I love in this one is the peek into the Het Wan and what life is like for Christopher on Earth. What's really great though is how his story starts to slowly seep into Everworld later. I love how she is able to set up something and have it affect the series several books later.
Dayna Smith
This is book six in the Everworld series. Told from Christopher's point of view, the four travelers find themselves in Hetwan territory. They are captured and find they must rescue Dionysus and use his assistance to escape to Olympus. Fans of this series will enjoy this installment.
Erin Dykens
This series is more and more intense as you delve deeper into it, and it is hard for a series (especially of 10+ books) to keep my attention the way this series has. I have yet to read a book that hasn't made me want to instantly pick up the next part and continue on. Very impressed!
Odette
And here we see how much Christopher's character has already changed. It's a slow transition for him, but his journey has already begun. That's one of my favorite aspects of he whole series--watching Christopher grow.
Kim
Aug 22, 2012 Kim rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: series
This entire series is flawless. I love every thing about these books, I would recommend this to any young adult. They are all both entertaining and educational. Everworld is by far my favorite series!
Katelynn
Again, fairly standard Everworld. But it's nice to see Christopher's character development again. And reminded me why this was another favourite of mine. Ganymede. Oh, be still my heart.
Jackie Krasuski
I wish these books would have all been put into one big novel. They are fantastic reads, leaving you begging for more at the end of each story line.
Susan
Austin
As much as I liked the beginning of this series, the last couple books have been so bad that I don't want to continue the series.
Krbo
Pročitao kompletan serijal - 10 na hrvatskom i 2 na eng jer nisu nikada prevedene.

Vrlo simpatičan YA fantasy
Lucy
The journey continues. And Christopher proves himself to be really, really bigoted.
Jackie
See my review for Everworld: Search for Senna
Bernard
Really loved this one!
  • Book of Names (Diadem, Worlds of Magic, #1)
  • Aenir (The Seventh Tower, #3)
  • The Fire of Merlin (The Return to Camelot, #2)
  • Loch
  • Of Two Minds (Minds, #1)
  • Tokyo Babylon, Vol. 02
  • Goddess
  • When Gods and Vampires Roamed Miami
  • Colors in the Dreamweaver's Loom
  • Beware, the Snowman (Goosebumps, #51)
  • Outlaw: Champions of Kamigawa (Magic: The Gathering: Kamigawa Cycle, #1)
Applegate was born in Michigan in 1956. Since then she has lived in Texas, Florida, California, Minnesota, Illinois, North Carolina, and after living in Pelago, Italy for a year, she has moved back to Southern California. She has an eleven year old son named Jake Mates, although she says the Animorph leader is not named after him. In 2003 she and her husband, Michael Grant, her co-author on many p ...more
More about Katherine Applegate...
The One and Only Ivan The Invasion (Animorphs, #1) Beach Blondes: June Dreams, July's Promise, August Magic (Summer, #1-3) The Visitor (Animorphs, #2) The Encounter (Animorphs, #3)