Start by marking “Peter's Picture” as Want to Read:
Peter's Picture

Peter's Picture

One day at school Peter paints a picture of a big orange flower. It's the best picture he's ever painted. Proudly (and very carefully) he carries it home, showing it to everyone he meets along the way. Everyone agrees that it is a wonderful picture, but they all go a bit overboard with their praise and come up with some silly suggestions for what to do with the picture. By ...more
Published March 1st 2000 by NorthSouth

To ask other readers questions about Peter's Picture, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Peter's Picture

Saunders Awards
Valeri was a prolific children's writer, but his stories vary widely in quality. This is my favorite of his that I have read. Read this story as if Peter is your own child. I lament that our current fear-state has scared us all from letting children have responsibility or form relationships with unrelated adults. In this story, Peter, who may be a kindergartner, walks home alone from school and has fun interactions with adults he knows along the way. Everyone is positive and playful. Peter's ...more
Eva Leger
Feb 21, 2011 Eva Leger rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: julias-books
3.5 - It's funny how often a book sits around your house and when you finally pick it up, be it childrens or adults, you want to kick yourself.
This is super cute. Little Peter paints a picture at school and on the way homes shows it to neighbors as he runs into them. They all want to do something silly with the picture and Peter thanks them and runs away. The picture is a single flower and one neighbor wants to water it, another wants to put it in a vase, etc.
When Peter finally gets home and s
Vivian
Feb 25, 2016 Vivian rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
Peter shows the picture he drew at school to neighbors he meets on his way home. Each neighbor wants to treat the picture as if it were real. Finally, to Peter's great relief, his father builds a frame for it and hangs it on the wall.
Robin
May 26, 2013 Robin rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Since my youngest son's name is Peter, this book caught my eye. I brought it home and read it yesterday. It's a great story about a small bear who paints a beautiful picture and everyone he shows it to wants to do something unnecessary, like water it...commenting on how realistic it is!
Dancingdiva
Dancingdiva rated it it was amazing
Jun 17, 2016
Nicole
Nicole rated it really liked it
Mar 26, 2012
Mary
Mary rated it really liked it
Feb 19, 2014
Paula
Paula rated it liked it
Jul 02, 2011
Monica
Monica rated it really liked it
Jun 05, 2016
Heather
Heather rated it liked it
Mar 06, 2011
Gelene Keever
Gelene Keever rated it really liked it
Feb 28, 2015
Sarah rated it really liked it
Apr 29, 2010
Martha Waters
Martha Waters rated it really liked it
Aug 05, 2016
Junkle
Junkle rated it really liked it
Jun 22, 2015
Andrew
Andrew added it
Nov 24, 2009
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2012
Nora
Nora added it
Jan 31, 2013
Elanor
Elanor added it
Feb 21, 2015
Emigrated to the US from Ukraine in 1991, along with his wife and two children. Currently lives in Brooklyn
More about Valeri Gorbachev...