Start by marking “Kitchen Princess, Vol. 08 (Kitchen Princess, #8)” as Want to Read:
Kitchen Princess, Vol. 08 (Kitchen Princess, #8)

Kitchen Princess, Vol. 08 (Kitchen Princess #8)

4.36 of 5 stars 4.36  ·  rating details  ·  2,945 ratings  ·  23 reviews
HIGH TEA SHOWDOWN

Najika’s world is falling apart. Lavender House, the orphanage where she grew up, is being shut down, and there’s only one way she can save it. When Najika is challenged to a High Tea cook-off against Seiya, her nemesis, the scheming director of Seika Academy makes Najika an offer: lose the contest on purpose, and he’ll save Lavender House from ruin. Will
Published October 14th 2008 by Del Rey (first published November 6th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Kitchen Princess, Vol. 08, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kitchen Princess, Vol. 08

Fruits Basket, Volume 01 by Natsuki TakayaOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 by Bisco HatoriSkip Beat!, Vol. 01 by Yoshiki NakamuraVampire Knight, Vol. 01 by Matsuri HinoSpecial A, Vol. 1 by Maki Minami
Favorite Shoujo Manga
328th out of 587 books — 1,212 voters
今日、恋をはじめます 1 [Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu] by Kanan MinamiKare Kano by Masami TsudaArisa, Vol. 01 by Natsumi AndoMoe Kare!!, Vol. 01 by Go IkeyamadaStrawberry Marshmallow Volume 2 by Barasui
Bored Books
81st out of 100 books — 5 voters

More lists with this book...

Sesana
Kind of a rough volume for poor Najiko. There's a lot more development of her new rival, Seiya, and the difference in their cooking styles: Seiya cooks to show off his ingredients and his skills, and Najiko cooks to make each person who eats her food happy. It's why Seiya's food may be objectively better from a technical standpoint, but why people end up liking Najiko's food more. Seiya's personality development really starts here, when he decides to understand how and why Najiko is so successfu ...more
Lola
I love this series it adds a lot of drama into it and it is just amusing.
Jocelyn
Sigh~ Read it sooo fast. But sooooooooooooooooooooooo gooood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! High tea sounds like a really fancy tea. I think I tried it a long long long time ago, but can't really remember... Just sounds so cool though. I love little cakes and tarts you know? I really like the part when Najika comes to serve her sandwiches in the high tea competition, and it looked like a huge loaf a bread. I absolutely lovedd Daichi's reaction when he saw the whole loaf of bread, I couldn't stop laughing ...more
Sara Bennett
I love this manga series! It's clean, funny and has really great characters :) I picked up the first one and was hooked pretty quickly! The characters are just sweet and funny.

Najika is trying to find her Flan Prince who saved her from drowning and helped her remember the joy of food. Now she's at a special school learning how to use her cooking skills and absolute taste and great memory to make others smile.

Currently she is recovering from her friend and crush Sora-Sempai who died in an acciden
Lauren
Kitchen Princess is about a girl named Najika who has an extremely positive an upbeat personality. She has been admitted at Seika Academy’s Special Class because she has a talent in cooking. Through various adventures and mishaps she struggles to find her way along with the help of Daichi and Sora Kitazawa.

I read this series on a whim; I was really into cooking at one point. It is cute and fun, just pure enjoyable reading. I was delighted to find out that there are even recipes for what she make
Mikaela
Just when i thought that the director is being nice already.. *sigh* it was fake. He's prepared a competition between Najika and Seiya. ugh! He's so annoying! -_- and he wants Najika to lose on purpose! WTH!? but that didnt happen. it was all fair in the end. :)

I've noticed that Najika is starting to fall for Daichi! XD heehee! but seems like Seiya Mizuno is gonna be observing Najika for awhile.. haha! He's trying to figure out why people like Najika's food better! :P lol.. i'm sure he'll unders
MissAnnThrope
13 December 2012

The Director is up to his dirty tricks again and he is intent on destroying poor Najika. He manipulates Najika into a High Tea competition with Seiya and threatens her with the fate of Lavender House. I swear, this guy has a stick shoved so far up his butt.

I adore Daichi for always being there whenever Najika needs a friend. This series is quickly coming to an end, and I hope that he is part of the fairy-tale ending.
Kayla Eklund
I really enjoyed this. The only thing that bothered me was the ending felt a little rushed. They went from not really liking each other to what happened (trying not to spoil anything for those that haven't read it). I'm starting volume 9 next. It will be interesting to see what Najika's reaction is.
Dana
This is a cute part, I love how the food is drawn, and the High Tea party was so much fun... The Baci [Baci means a Kiss in Italian] was a surprise! Poor Daichi! But I got say Seiya Mizuno is so much fun and he goes for what he wants unlike Daichi.
Qiana King
Each installment makes this series better. This book was good and went the way I wanted it to. Manga is candy reading, and when that candy is melodramatic, sweet, funny, cute, and goes the way you want it to, you can't stop jumping. :)
Marie
Nov 07, 2011 Marie rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Manga, Cooking
Recommended to Marie by: A friend
Cute! Anxious to read next installment! Loved the plot twists at the end! I love this series because of Najika's love for cooking. The way they describe everything is really amazing!
Teresa Campos
in the book i read that this boy named seiya has a crush on najika but she dose not now she i s having feelings for dachi
Truly
Favorite quote in the book: "Serving delicious food in its most delicious state. Cooking is as simple as that."
Sarah Evans
The series had gotten off track plot wise, but things have settled into a regular groove again.
Sara
I can't believe there are only 2 more volumes.

Read in: December 2012, January 2013.
Jessie
this book is soo exciting that i can't wait until the 9 one comes out!!!!
Helena
O YEA AWESOME!!!!!!!!
but WTH is that sora looking boy DOING?!?!!
gah...
bee
Really love all the details in this volume!
RaeRaeAna
it was awesome!!! =]
Stephanie Meehan
can't wait to see how it ends
Baileychen232
I love the whole series!
Sapphire Bengier
Sapphire Bengier marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2014
  • Shugo Chara!, Vol. 4: Character Swap! (Shugo Chara!, #4)
  • Beauty Pop, Vol. 9
  • The Gentlemen's Alliance †, Vol. 05
  • Gakuen Alice, Vol. 04 (Gakuen Alice, #4)
安藤なつみ, Andō Natsumi is a Japanese manga artist. She is best known for Zodiac P.I. as well as Kitchen Princess, for which she won the Kodansha Manga Award for children's manga in 2006.

Favorites: Donald Duck
Favourite manga: Ossu! Ichijin and Kimagure Orange Road
Favourites: meats and fruits
Hobbies: shopping, reading and watching TV
More about Natsumi Ando...
Kitchen Princess, Vol. 01 (Kitchen Princess, #1) Kitchen Princess, Vol. 03 (Kitchen Princess, #3) Kitchen Princess, Vol. 06 (Kitchen Princess, #6) Kitchen Princess, Vol. 04 (Kitchen Princess, #4) Kitchen Princess, Vol, 02 (Kitchen Princess, #2)

“Najika.
I can't always be with you.
But there will be someone who will stand by you and give you courage.”
11 likes
“Serving delicious food in its most delicious state."
Cooking is as simple as that.”
7 likes