Start by marking “Kitchen Princess, Vol. 08 (Kitchen Princess, #8)” as Want to Read:
Kitchen Princess, Vol. 08 (Kitchen Princess, #8)

Kitchen Princess, Vol. 08 (Kitchen Princess #8)

4.38  ·  Rating Details ·  3,649 Ratings  ·  37 Reviews
HIGH TEA SHOWDOWN

Najika’s world is falling apart. Lavender House, the orphanage where she grew up, is being shut down, and there’s only one way she can save it. When Najika is challenged to a High Tea cook-off against Seiya, her nemesis, the scheming director of Seika Academy makes Najika an offer: lose the contest on purpose, and he’ll save Lavender House from ruin. Will
Published October 14th 2008 by Del Rey (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Kitchen Princess, Vol. 08, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kitchen Princess, Vol. 08

Sesana
Apr 09, 2012 Sesana rated it really liked it
Kind of a rough volume for poor Najiko. There's a lot more development of her new rival, Seiya, and the difference in their cooking styles: Seiya cooks to show off his ingredients and his skills, and Najiko cooks to make each person who eats her food happy. It's why Seiya's food may be objectively better from a technical standpoint, but why people end up liking Najiko's food more. Seiya's personality development really starts here, when he decides to understand how and why Najiko is so successfu ...more
Jerry
Nov 23, 2014 Jerry rated it really liked it
A Quickie Review

I kind of feel sorry for the main character; she has had a rough time of it lately. Wonder how she will get out of this one...
Wala2
Aug 29, 2016 Wala2 rated it it was amazing
i like this one too <3

i hate Mr. Director
i like high tea party & every thing was offer in the party , i really want some :))

Lola
Oct 08, 2012 Lola rated it it was amazing
I love this series it adds a lot of drama into it and it is just amusing.
Ken Yuen
Dec 13, 2016 Ken Yuen rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga-read
It's nice to see that Seiya isn't a total dick. I guess I enjoy villain redemption arcs.
Sara Bennett
Apr 17, 2013 Sara Bennett rated it it was amazing
I love this manga series! It's clean, funny and has really great characters :) I picked up the first one and was hooked pretty quickly! The characters are just sweet and funny.

Najika is trying to find her Flan Prince who saved her from drowning and helped her remember the joy of food. Now she's at a special school learning how to use her cooking skills and absolute taste and great memory to make others smile.

Currently she is recovering from her friend and crush Sora-Sempai who died in an acciden
Alya Atiera
Oct 05, 2016 Alya Atiera rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars, manga

The rating and review are conclusion for all of the volumes. Except for the synopsis.

Oh gosh, the ending is so cute! I mean I didn't expect that kind of ending because of all those bad things that keep on happen.

(view spoiler)
Lauren
Apr 30, 2012 Lauren rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Kitchen Princess is about a girl named Najika who has an extremely positive an upbeat personality. She has been admitted at Seika Academy’s Special Class because she has a talent in cooking. Through various adventures and mishaps she struggles to find her way along with the help of Daichi and Sora Kitazawa.

I read this series on a whim; I was really into cooking at one point. It is cute and fun, just pure enjoyable reading. I was delighted to find out that there are even recipes for what she make
Jocelyn
Aug 26, 2010 Jocelyn rated it it was amazing
Sigh~ Read it sooo fast. But sooooooooooooooooooooooo gooood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! High tea sounds like a really fancy tea. I think I tried it a long long long time ago, but can't really remember... Just sounds so cool though. I love little cakes and tarts you know? I really like the part when Najika comes to serve her sandwiches in the high tea competition, and it looked like a huge loaf a bread. I absolutely lovedd Daichi's reaction when he saw the whole loaf of bread, I couldn't stop laughing ...more
Sarah Crawford
Jan 15, 2016 Sarah Crawford rated it really liked it
Seiya makes fun of Lavendar House, the orphanage, and Najika slaps him. The director wants Najika to participate in something special for guests. It doesn't dawn on her that it could be a trap of some sort. Najika is told that Lavendar House is being shut down. It also turns out the high tea for the guests was a trap after all.

The director wants her to lose to Seiya. If she does, he'll save Lavendar House. Daichi finds out about the trap and confronts Najika. The director's effort is blocked, th
Mikaela
May 18, 2012 Mikaela rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Just when i thought that the director is being nice already.. *sigh* it was fake. He's prepared a competition between Najika and Seiya. ugh! He's so annoying! -_- and he wants Najika to lose on purpose! WTH!? but that didnt happen. it was all fair in the end. :)

I've noticed that Najika is starting to fall for Daichi! XD heehee! but seems like Seiya Mizuno is gonna be observing Najika for awhile.. haha! He's trying to figure out why people like Najika's food better! :P lol.. i'm sure he'll unders
Ashley
Jul 19, 2013 Ashley rated it liked it
MissAnnThrope
Dec 13, 2012 MissAnnThrope rated it really liked it
13 December 2012

The Director is up to his dirty tricks again and he is intent on destroying poor Najika. He manipulates Najika into a High Tea competition with Seiya and threatens her with the fate of Lavender House. I swear, this guy has a stick shoved so far up his butt.

I adore Daichi for always being there whenever Najika needs a friend. This series is quickly coming to an end, and I hope that he is part of the fairy-tale ending.
Kayla Eklund
Jul 11, 2014 Kayla Eklund rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this. The only thing that bothered me was the ending felt a little rushed. They went from not really liking each other to what happened (trying not to spoil anything for those that haven't read it). I'm starting volume 9 next. It will be interesting to see what Najika's reaction is.
Charlie
Jan 06, 2016 Charlie rated it liked it
Kitchen Princess, Vol. 08 (Kitchen Princess, #8) by Natsumi Ando

Seiya is so vain! I love it. It's really clear that Najika likes Daichi, though. But I ship her with both guys, so it's okay either way.
Qiana King
Mar 21, 2012 Qiana King rated it really liked it
Each installment makes this series better. This book was good and went the way I wanted it to. Manga is candy reading, and when that candy is melodramatic, sweet, funny, cute, and goes the way you want it to, you can't stop jumping. :)
Dana Al-Basha دانة الباشا
Jan 06, 2013 Dana Al-Basha دانة الباشا rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
This is a cute part, I love how the food is drawn, and the High Tea party was so much fun... The Baci [Baci means a Kiss in Italian] was a surprise! Poor Daichi! But I got say Seiya Mizuno is so much fun and he goes for what he wants unlike Daichi.
Anaee
Aug 07, 2015 Anaee rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
I'm really warming up to Seiya, but he shouldn't mess with the couple I want, which is Najika and Daichi. He's still fun though.
Also, the Director is such a jerk, he needs to reevaluate his priorities, his life, and his soul, if he even has one.
Truly
Dec 30, 2011 Truly rated it really liked it
Favorite quote in the book: "Serving delicious food in its most delicious state. Cooking is as simple as that."
Victoria Newman
Sep 07, 2015 Victoria Newman rated it it was amazing
Is a great book to read
Christine Marie
Nov 07, 2011 Christine Marie rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Manga, Cooking
Recommended to Christine by: A friend
Cute! Anxious to read next installment! Loved the plot twists at the end! I love this series because of Najika's love for cooking. The way they describe everything is really amazing!
Teresa Campos
Nov 06, 2013 Teresa Campos rated it it was amazing
in the book i read that this boy named seiya has a crush on najika but she dose not now she i s having feelings for dachi
Cat
Cat rated it liked it
Jun 20, 2010
Cathy
Cathy rated it it was amazing
Mar 05, 2011
Kaneez Fatema
Kaneez Fatema rated it really liked it
May 17, 2012
Ms. Zweifel
Ms. Zweifel rated it liked it
Jan 24, 2017
Lori Syers
Lori Syers rated it it was ok
May 27, 2013
Amy
Amy rated it it was amazing
Sep 23, 2011
Chrissy Diamante
Chrissy Diamante rated it it was amazing
Jun 17, 2014
Brytanny
Brytanny rated it it was amazing
Nov 03, 2013
  • Shugo Chara!, Vol. 4: Character Swap! (Shugo Chara!, #4)
  • Beauty Pop, Vol. 9 (Beauty Pop, #9)
  • The Gentlemen's Alliance †, Vol. 9
  • Gakuen Alice, Vol. 04 (Gakuen Alice, #4)
安藤なつみ, Andō Natsumi is a Japanese manga artist. She is best known for Zodiac P.I. as well as Kitchen Princess, for which she won the Kodansha Manga Award for children's manga in 2006.

Favorites: Donald Duck
Favourite manga: Ossu! Ichijin and Kimagure Orange Road
Favourites: meats and fruits
Hobbies: shopping, reading and watching TV
More about Natsumi Ando...

Kitchen Princess (10 books)
  • Kitchen Princess, Vol. 01 (Kitchen Princess, #1)
  • Kitchen Princess, Vol. 02 (Kitchen Princess, #2)
  • Kitchen Princess, Vol. 03 (Kitchen Princess, #3)
  • Kitchen Princess, Vol. 04 (Kitchen Princess, #4)
  • Kitchen Princess, Vol. 05 (Kitchen Princess, #5)
  • Kitchen Princess, Vol. 06 (Kitchen Princess, #6)
  • Kitchen Princess, Vol. 07 (Kitchen Princess, #7)
  • Kitchen Princess, Vol. 09 (Kitchen Princess, #9)
  • Kitchen Princess, Vol. 10 (Kitchen Princess, #10)

“Najika.
I can't always be with you.
But there will be someone who will stand by you and give you courage.”
12 likes
“Serving delicious food in its most delicious state."
Cooking is as simple as that.”
7 likes