Start by marking “Garfield Pulls His Weight (Garfield #26)” as Want to Read:
Garfield Pulls His Weight (Garfield #26)

Garfield Pulls His Weight (Garfield #26)

4.23  ·  Rating Details  ·  754 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
Another helping of hilarity, please!

Garfield, the lovable feline who never met a lunch he didn’t like, dishes up another book full of his heavy hijinx and weighty wit. Garfield’s put on a few pounds over the years, but he’s not just getting fatter, he’s getting better! So keep the comedy and calories coming! Whether he’s painting Odie or chowing down on Jon’s favorite fe
Published September 20th 1994 by Ballantine Books

Ronyell
Garfield

Introduction:

Now, I have been a hug fan of the “Garfield” comics for many years now as I used to read them all the time in the Sunday newspapers when I was younger. Now, I finally have the pleasure of being reintroduced into the “Garfield” comics through paper trade backs and I have been enjoying reading these classics again! Well, the twenty-sixth volume of the “Garfield” classics, which is called “Garfield Pulls His Weight,” certainly did not disappoint me with its off-the-wall humor involvi
Conan Tigard
Nov 17, 2015 Conan Tigard rated it liked it
Garfield Pulls His Weight is a good collection of Garfield comic strips that had me chuckling a few of times. I always mark the the strips that make me laugh out loud and saw a trend this time. Two of the three involved Odie outsmarting Garfield. To tell the truth, I am much more of a dog person than a cat person. Sure, I've had cats, but I would never want to have one like Garfield. He's make anyone's life miserable.

Garfield is up to his old tricks in this book of daily comic strips. He is the
Kai Wilson
Feb 16, 2014 Kai Wilson rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 25-in-25
Like all the other Garfield books I've ever read, Garfield Pulls his Weight is a laugh out loud enjoyable book. As per usual, Jim Davis has wonderful illustrations and great story lines. If you want a good chuckle, make sure to pick this book up!
Mark Austin
May 14, 2016 Mark Austin rated it it was ok
- Most books with this rating I never finish and so don't make this list. This one I probably started speed-reading to get it over with.
- Average. Wasn't terrible, but not a lot to recommend it. Probably skimmed parts of it.
- Decent. A few good ideas, well-written passages, interesting characters, or the like.
- Good. This one had parts that inspired me, impressed me, made me laugh out loud, made me think - it got positive reactions and most of the rest of it was pretty decent too.
- Amazing.
Cathy Cramer
I felt I needed a laugh. This had several good ones. My eleven year old read a couple of these and said, "That is an evil cat." :-)
Nate
May 13, 2016 Nate rated it liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
I didn't find these comics as funny as some of the others. They got a little repetitive
Trey
Sep 01, 2015 Trey rated it it was amazing
Shelves: garfield
Plz let me read this, no books no iTunes account but iPad
Natalie
Feb 13, 2015 Natalie rated it it was amazing
Garfield will always be my favorite!
Christopher Hui
Jun 05, 2011 Christopher Hui is currently reading it
goodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgood..........
Jen
Feb 15, 2011 Jen rated it really liked it
I just kind of love this comic, in case you couldn't tell. This collection has more of the painful love between Odie and Garfield, many instances of Garfield's exploits with spiders (shudder), and the continuing sadness that is Jon's fashion sense. What delightful moments of hilarity.
Rachel
Dec 31, 2011 Rachel rated it really liked it
While I won't be likely to call Garfield an amazing read, I've always really liked the comic. In my opinion, most of the time, if most of the book is pictures, it had better be funny, and Garfield always is.
Kelsey
Aug 17, 2015 Kelsey rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, i-own-this
I read these a lot as a kid, and while I wasn't laughing hysterically like I did back then, I still really enjoy Garfield. He never really changes, but that's okay.
Dania
Aug 23, 2013 Dania rated it it was amazing
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Benjamin Plume
Jul 30, 2011 Benjamin Plume rated it really liked it
Most of the modern Garfield doesn't really do it for me...but this one was funny.
Lilly
Sep 22, 2008 Lilly rated it it was amazing
I Though this book was very funny.And the last part of the book was Halirous.
Kim
Nov 21, 2012 Kim rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comic-strips
Book #26. Typical Garfield humor. Garfield turns 15.
Garrett
Aug 05, 2011 Garrett rated it it was amazing
Inspiring, made me want some lasagna.
Manleen
Lawrence T Richards
Lawrence T Richards rated it it was amazing
Jun 25, 2016
Koleman
Koleman rated it it was amazing
Jun 21, 2016
Ken Gates
Ken Gates marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2016
  • Baby Blues 08: One More and We're Outnumbered!
  • My Hot Dog Went Out, Can I Have Another?: A FoxTrot Collection
  • Excuse Me While I Wag
  • Fractured Fables
  • Night of the Crash-Test Dummies
  • Baby Blues: Ten Years and Still in Diapers: A Baby Blues Treasury
  • The Hardy Boys: Undercover Brothers, #1: The Ocean of Osyria
James Robert "Jim" Davis is an American cartoonist who created the popular comic strip Garfield. Other comics that he has worked on are Tumbleweeds, Gnorm Gnat, Slapstick, and a strip about Mr. Potato Head.

Jim Davis was born in Fairmount, Indiana, near Marion, where he grew up on a small farm with his father James William Davis, mother Anna Catherine (Carter) Davis, brother Dave, and 25 cats. Davi
More about Jim Davis...

Garfield (1 - 10 of 65 books)
  • Garfield at Large: His First Book (Garfield #1)
  • Garfield Gains Weight (Garfield #2)
  • Garfield Bigger Than Life (Garfield #3)
  • Garfield Weighs In (Garfield, #4)
  • Garfield Takes the Cake (Garfield #5)
  • Garfield Eats His Heart Out (Garfield Classics #6)
  • Garfield Sits around the House (Garfield, #7)
  • Garfield Tips the Scales (Garfield, #8)
  • Garfield Loses His Feet (Garfield Classics #9)
  • Garfield Makes It Big (Garfield, #10)