Start by marking “I'm Not Crazy, I'm Just Not You: The Real Meaning of the Sixteen Personality Types” as Want to Read:

Utilizing Jung's model of personality, this book illustrates the basic differences in the ways people read and respond to the same situations.
Published March 4th 1997 by Nicholas Brealey Publishing

Ana Mardoll
I'm Not Crazy, I'm Just Not You / 978-1-857-88552-1

I'm admittedly not a big fan of the Myers-Briggs personality types model. I've seen the model employed badly, too many times, at corporate retreats that seemed to use the model to stereotype and as an excuse to avoid getting to know individuals meaningfully. (One teacher argued that there was no point in ASKING an employee's opinion if you already knew what their "type" would want in any given situation - asking might result in misunderstandings
Kari
Nov 22, 2007 Kari rated it really liked it
Along with only 2% of the population, I am an INFJ, an Introverted Intuitive type. At times I do feel a little crazy, and so I nearly cried joyous tears to realize that I am...uggh...utterably predictable :) For years I thought I was an ISFJ. To learn that I was really more of an Intuitive than a Sensor made a tremendous difference!
Kelly Horn
Nov 26, 2011 Kelly Horn rated it did not like it
Not written for a lay audience, or anyone who didn't want to be bored to tears. Potentially interesting subject matter, but presented in driest fashion imaginable. Best reserved for professionals in personality research or hard-core masochists.
Lisa
Dec 27, 2012 Lisa rated it it was amazing
This overview of Myers-Briggs and Jungian type theory has been so helpful to me in my personal and professional life. I had skimmed it several years ago, but read it again after being selected as a supervisor. I recommend it to anyone who needs to find ways to connect with others who seem very difficult or hard to understand.
Maddie
Dec 16, 2016 Maddie rated it really liked it
I HAVE TO SAY WHEN I READ THIS TITTLE I GIGGLED and I just needed to read this book!

This book is purely written to understand yourself, other personalities and how to communicate, if you have a certain personality type, there will be times in your life when you will feel misunderstood AND yes even crazy!

Did you ever wonder why you react the way you do in certain situations, why you feel nobody understands you, or why you feel different about topics million other people find acceptable?

What is “
Rose
Quick review for a very complex, informative read. I don't know if I can do justice to reflecting about this text in terms of the amount of information it has on personality type based on the MBTI standard, but it's very helpful, especially from a research/scientific standpoint in psychological and sociological standards.

I wouldn't say that "I'm Not Crazy, I'm Just Not You" is the best text for introduction for a lay audience - because it's more of an academic text and vetted examination of MBT
مريم فريد
Dec 24, 2012 مريم فريد rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book will give you an insight to the famous MBTI theory of personality types. It has a very good level of explanations for beginners who want to learn more in this field.
It's very interesting and will catch on you to go through it all simply because you can relate to the information on every page. The book chapters will start from the basics taking you through what personality types are all about, help you define your own personality type, and eventually discuss all the implications of that
Sue
Jan 25, 2008 Sue rated it really liked it
A bit heavy - it's taken me a year to read this, off and on! - but pretty sound as far as type and Jungian/Myers-Briggs personality theory go, with some cognitive function theory as well. The authors stress that all types are valuable and good, and also that type is a 'subtext' to the real individual.

Plenty of explanations about what people expect, trust and appreciate, and how easy it is to get caught up in our own preconceived ideas. Lots of charts summarising how each of the sixteen Myers-Br
Angélique
Mar 09, 2011 Angélique rated it it was amazing
This was an amazingly insightful and intriguing book. The authors delivered the information in such a captivating manner that it was easy to become immersed in the info. Their use of analogies and charts really helped expound upon what they had already said. I can honestly say I know a lot more about myself and others around me because of this book.
Tara
Apr 11, 2012 Tara rated it liked it
Shelves: self-help, clinical
A good reference book. I wouldnt recommend it for those without a basic understanding of personality typology, as it is a bit heavy if you dont. Definitely not a book to read from cover to cover, but gives a good framework which you can dip in and out of.
Teresa
Dec 29, 2016 Teresa rated it really liked it
This book takes an approach to MBTI that is far more useful than the common "horoscope" stereotyping and scapegoating that many use type theory to reinforce. Descriptions are always discussed on a continuum, and explained in ways that are respectful of free will, as well as cultural, generational, and other differences. The intent behind the book is to foster an understanding of differences, and to encourage people to not only value diversity in personality, but to work with it.

Used appropriatel
Shawna
Sep 03, 2012 Shawna rated it really liked it
I picked this book up because I thought it might help me move up in my career if I started learning how to better communicate with other people. I got so much more than that out of it though. I have been recommending this book to everybody I know. After reading the information about personality types and how they interact I was able to reinterpret conversations I had had not only at work but also with my husband and friends and I now feel like I have a much better understanding of how the other ...more
Jessica
Nov 11, 2014 Jessica rated it it was ok
I found this book repetitive, dry, and unhelpful compared to other things I've been reading on type theory. It might just be that it wasn't written by/designed for an ENFP like me; there are too many charts, too little narrative or context. I understand that the authors wanted to keep things as scientific as possible, not relying on anecdotes to communicate their points, but honestly after reading through every single chart giving one more (nearly identical) component of type, I still don't feel ...more
Jason
Jul 08, 2012 Jason rated it it was amazing
"who will speak for the wolf?" absolutely loved it. I thoroughly enjoyed the informative nature and clear presentation of the MBTI structure and foundational basis. I personally found the "dry" aspects (as others put it) the most useful. The outlines and bullet points made for great references, and were always followed by practical stories and personal experiences which helped to apply each concept to real world examples.
The book briefly touches on the importance and relevance Carl Jung played
Reiden
May 20, 2013 Reiden rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: psychology
I've skimmed a lot of a MBTI personality books, but this is the first one that I've read straight through. The organization and chapters were done well. Instead of just giving general differences between the types, the book is broken into smaller sections that look at each type's differences in areas such as: communication, emotional intelligence, motivators, stressor, thinking patters, etc. This book will definitely be a resource I will reference in the future. Possibly a 5-star when compared t ...more
May
Jul 30, 2013 May rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Hmm...I was expecting the book to give me more in-depth analysis of the 16 different Myers Briggs personality types but each chapter tends to give a general overview of that particular theme (e.g. communication pathways or value differences) and then give 2-3 sentence comment in chart form for each of the personality type. Needless to say, this book was not what I expected and hence, my "ok" rating. Thought I have to admit, the title elicited several chuckles among work colleagues!
Morag Gray
Mar 15, 2011 Morag Gray rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People intersted in personality types
This is a good follow-on book. You need to have some understanding of personailty typing, particulary the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, in order to get the best out of this work. Rather than providing the reader with descriptions of each type, it delves into the realms of how to develop weaker parts of the personality, how to recognise reactions in oneself and in other types, and how to deal with them.
Dawn
Nov 24, 2013 Dawn rated it liked it
I'm thinking 3.5 stars here. I've been dipping in and out of this book for a few months and finally finished it. I identify strongly with my MBTI personality type and this book has lots of interesting information about how my dominant and secondary functions manifest themselves in everyday situations. Parts of it are a little dry, but mostly it moved right along and kept my attention.
Abdullah Al-Elewah
Jul 27, 2012 Abdullah Al-Elewah rated it really liked it
Great book, which explain the importance of understanding the personality type. One can discover his own type in the first chapters. It helped me to understand people around me starting with my family and close friends.

I recommend this book for who is interested in the MBTI theory of personality types.
Elena
Jul 22, 2011 Elena rated it really liked it
Really great Meyers-Briggs type of personality profiling. Gives you some insights into your personality. However, StrengthQuest by Gallup is so far and beyond better. I think there is a book out there called Strengths 2.0 for this purpose.
AyЯa Acuña
While reading this, I found myself enjoying the other parts of the book and for the rest, I wished I just didn't read it. I'm giving it three stars because it's still a helpful and informative in spite of it being a drab.
Alison G.
i read one page of this and realized it wasnt what i was expecting. so this book i am definitely giving up on! im not reading a psychology book.
Margaret
Oct 02, 2011 Margaret rated it it was amazing
Provides great framework for understanding different personality types, different perspectives, and bridging communication.
Samantha
Apr 14, 2009 Samantha rated it it was ok
Shelves: non-fiction
I have a really hard time fitting myself into the Myers-Briggs test, so that could be why I had a hard time with the book. I bounce back and forth between E/I and F/T a lot.
Melinda
Feb 26, 2012 Melinda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you are a fan of personality type info and Myers-Briggs then this is a comprehensive explanation of it. Great read. Interesting insight.
Sabine
Sabine rated it it was amazing
Apr 09, 2013
Ben Russell
Ben Russell rated it it was amazing
Jun 12, 2014
Erandhie
Erandhie rated it it was amazing
Jun 24, 2013
Moema
Moema rated it really liked it
Sep 06, 2014
Brian Blackmore
Brian Blackmore rated it really liked it
May 31, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Was That Really Me? How Everyday Stress Brings Out Our Hidden Personality
  • Gifts Differing: Understanding Personality Type
  • Just Your Type: Create the Relationship You've Always Wanted Using the Secrets of Personality Type
  • Lifetypes
  • Type Talk: The 16 Personality Types That Determine How We Live, Love, and Work
  • Personality Type
  • Strange Brains and Genius: The Secret Lives Of Eccentric Scientists And Madmen
  • What Type Am I?: The Myers-Brigg Type Indication Made Easy
  • Neuroscience of Personality: Brain Savvy Insights for All Types of People
  • The Disciplined Mind: Beyond Facts and Standardized Tests, the  K-12 Education That Every Child Deserves
  • The Cult of Personality: How Personality Tests Are Leading Us to Miseducate Our Children, Mismanage Our Companies, and Misunderstand Ourselves
  • Personality Types: Using the Enneagram for Self-Discovery
  • Buried in Treasures: Help for Compulsive Acquiring, Saving, and Hoarding
  • The EFT Manual
  • Please Understand Me II: Temperament, Character, Intelligence
  • The Woman in the Mirror: How to Stop Confusing What You Look Like with Who You Are
  • Sensation: The New Science of Physical Intelligence