Start by marking “Garfield Eats His Heart Out (Garfield Classics #6)” as Want to Read:
Garfield Eats His Heart Out (Garfield Classics #6)

Garfield Eats His Heart Out (Garfield #6)

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  707 ratings  ·  21 reviews
Lock up the lasagne! Chain the chicken! And hold on to your funny bone....America's favorite cat is hungrier, funnier, lazier, grouchier and more lovable than ever before in his sixth sensational bestseller now in Full Color in the Bigger and Bolder size!
Published December 30th 2003 by Ballantine Books (first published 1983)

To ask other readers questions about Garfield Eats His Heart Out, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Garfield Eats His Heart Out

Freaks I've Met by Donald JansThe Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas AdamsWood, Talc and Mr. J by Chris   RoseBridget Jones's Diary by Helen FieldingThe Restaurant at the End of the Universe by Douglas Adams
The Funniest Books Ever Written (Any Genre)
151st out of 251 books — 58 voters
The Celebrated Jumping Frog of Calaveras County by Mark TwainCandide by VoltaireYou Might Be a Redneck If ... by Jeff FoxworthyRude Bitches Make Me Tired by Celia RivenbarkBill, the Galactic Hero by Harry Harrison
Slightly Amusing!
36th out of 46 books — 3 voters

More lists with this book...

3.0 stars. Book 6 in Garfield's continuing adventure to locate the perfect pan of lasagna (without having to work too hard to get it). Along the way, he torments Odie, Jim, Nermal and the rest of gang in classic Garfield fashion.
The Garfield comics just get sillier and sillier. From the lasagna raids, to the continuous beatings on Odie, to the repeated hatred of "cute" Neurmal, Garfield does not disappoint. I am really beginning to wonder if cats really think like Garfield does!
Here we have the six installment of the Garfield comics. "Garfield Eats His Heart Out" has the same slapstick and ironic humor that's found in the last five books, but this is slightly funnier. Here, Garfield has to battle a cat leash, fulfil his urge to climb trees, escape Aunt Gussie as John leaves on vacation, and find ways to escape the window blinds. As for Jon, he's still hopelessly flirting (and asking for a date) with Liz.
Conan Tigard
Garfield comics are timeless. His comic strips are quick and fun to read. A lot of the comic strips revolve around Garfield and his weight problem. Now, this may not matter to many, but I prefer the older Garfield comic strips when his eyes were still round, not oval like they are today, twenty years later.

Jim Davis does a good job of entertaining the reader with the dry wit of that fat cat and the trouble he gets into, especially on Mondays. Then there is Jon, Garfield's owner. He's not quite
Juliana R.
My first colored Garfield book!
This era of Garfield was my favorite.
Some parts of the book was funny
Very funny
I loved Garfield when I was in middle school. I had several of these collections, and I read them all again and again.

I'm giving three stars based on the way I felt about the book when I read it the first time (or should I say the first 10 to 15 times?). Now I can't imagine reading any one of these books one time.

I can barely believe how many of these collections exist.
Erin (Paperback stash) *is juggle-reading*
Garfield is always a fun, easy comic where you can leave your brain at the door but enjoy plenty of snickering at the felines' bizarre and selfish antics. A cute book that's fun to look through.
I've read tons of Garfield books and so far this is the only one that's totally crappo.
Benjamin Plume
Garfield isn't exactly intellectual, but if you're in the mood he's great.
Tania Silva
Garfield is always Garfield...what can I say?
Good clean fun, Garfield is a joy.
Fun to see them in color.
Iggy Igwell
Garfield eats Jon's dinner.
Aoife Fortune Kelly
Aoife Fortune Kelly marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2015
Exie added it
Nov 13, 2015
Uziel marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2015
Erin added it
Nov 11, 2015
savannah gentry
savannah gentry marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2015
  • Another Day in Cubicle Paradise
  • How Come I'm Always Luigi?: A FoxTrot Collection
  • Our Mutts: Five (Mutts, #5)
  • Baby Blues 21: Something Chocolate This Way Comes: A Baby Blues Collection
  • Night of the Crash-Test Dummies
  • Alternative Zits (Zits Treasury, #6)
James Robert "Jim" Davis is an American cartoonist who created the popular comic strip Garfield. Other comics that he has worked on are Tumbleweeds, Gnorm Gnat, Slapstick, and a strip about Mr. Potato Head.

Jim Davis was born in Fairmount, Indiana, near Marion, where he grew up on a small farm with his father James William Davis, mother Anna Catherine (Carter) Davis, brother Dave, and 25 cats. Davi
More about Jim Davis...

Garfield (1 - 10 of 63 books)
  • Garfield at Large: His First Book (Garfield #1)
  • Garfield Gains Weight (Garfield #2)
  • Garfield Bigger Than Life (Garfield #3)
  • Garfield Weighs In (Garfield, #4)
  • Garfield Takes the Cake (Garfield #5)
  • Garfield Sits around the House (Garfield, #7)
  • Garfield Tips the Scales (Garfield, #8)
  • Garfield Loses His Feet (Garfield Classics #9)
  • Garfield Makes It Big (Garfield, #10)
  • Garfield Rolls On (Garfield Classics, #11)