Start by marking “Garfield Life in the Fat Lane (Garfield #28)” as Want to Read:
Garfield Life in the Fat Lane (Garfield #28)

Garfield Life in the Fat Lane (Garfield #28)

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  348 ratings  ·  10 reviews
What is it that makes GARFIELD America's favorite feline? Maybe it's the way he flies through the fat lane without losing his cool or without missing a meal! You'll marvel as GARFIELD finds new ways to evade exercise and beat boredom. But it's nothing that a few airborne sardines can't cure, and feeding Odie a jar of sticky peanut butter is a
Published September 26th 1995 by Random House Publishing Group (first published 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Garfield Life in the Fat Lane, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Garfield Life in the Fat Lane

Conan Tigard
Garfield: Life in the Fat Lane was not the funniest book of Garfield comic strips I have read. I don't think I even cracked a smile and only found a few that I considered entertaining. I find it interesting how Jim Davis is funny in waves. Some books are filled with extremely funny situations while other are dull in comparison. It must be hard coming up with 365 Garfield comic strips a year. I know I couldn't do it. Maybe there will be funnier comic strips in the next book. Let's hope so.

If you
It's been a rough couple of days. I needed some Garfield. This one did wonders, especially the storyline about Garfield, Odie, and John getting their faces stuck making goofy expressions.

I think the coworker who thought I was listening to her thought I thought she was funny.
Linda Hamilton

Good for all ages. Hilarious topic and mild humor the perfect book! So I suggest this book to all ages.
Dale Rosso
Great laughs as always.
It's fast. It's funny. It's sarcasm and food. Yes, Garfield remains a favorite of mine for the dry wit, the terribly strange family dynamics, the hopelessness of Jon's dating life, and the fact that it always makes me laugh out loud.
Little Miss and the Legomeister
It was good like all the other Garfield books.
Iggy Igwell
Garfield is afraid of big dogs.
Rebecca (everyday reader)
I love the fat cat!!
Kiana Kazemi
Kiana Kazemi marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2015
Aoife Fortune Kelly
Aoife Fortune Kelly marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2015
Martha Mcgill
Martha Mcgill marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2015
Uziel marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2015
Tanya is currently reading it
Oct 23, 2015
Chicken Wings
Chicken Wings marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2015
Kelly marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2015
Andrew marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2015
Flynnma marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2015
  • Houston, You Have a Problem: A FoxTrot Collection
  • Baby Blues 08: One More and We're Outnumbered!
  • The Fluorescent Light Glistens off Your Head
  • Pearls Blows Up: A Pearls Before Swine Treasury
  • Last Chapter and Worse
  • The Complete Peanuts, Vol. 15: 1979-1980
  • Lunch Lady and the Schoolwide Scuffle (Lunch Lady, #10)
James Robert "Jim" Davis is an American cartoonist who created the popular comic strip Garfield. Other comics that he has worked on are Tumbleweeds, Gnorm Gnat, Slapstick, and a strip about Mr. Potato Head.

Jim Davis was born in Fairmount, Indiana, near Marion, where he grew up on a small farm with his father James William Davis, mother Anna Catherine (Carter) Davis, brother Dave, and 25 cats. Davi
More about Jim Davis...

Garfield (1 - 10 of 63 books)
  • Garfield at Large: His First Book (Garfield #1)
  • Garfield Gains Weight (Garfield #2)
  • Garfield Bigger Than Life (Garfield #3)
  • Garfield Weighs In (Garfield, #4)
  • Garfield Takes the Cake (Garfield #5)
  • Garfield Eats His Heart Out (Garfield Classics #6)
  • Garfield Sits around the House (Garfield, #7)
  • Garfield Tips the Scales (Garfield, #8)
  • Garfield Loses His Feet (Garfield Classics #9)
  • Garfield Makes It Big (Garfield, #10)