Start by marking “My Lord Winter (Harlequin Regency Romance Series 2, #86)” as Want to Read:
My Lord Winter (Harlequin Regency Romance Series 2, #86)

My Lord Winter (Harlequin Regency Romance Series 2, #86)

3.46 of 5 stars 3.46  ·  rating details  ·  89 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Lady Jane Brooke sought shelter when her coach broke down, and found herself at the Earl of Wintringham's estate. Trying to conceal her identity, she introduced herself as a governess. Lord Winter, as the apparently cold earl was called, thawed in response to the delightful Miss Brooke, but she knew he would never approve of her deception. Regency Romance by Carola Dunn; o ...more
Mass Market Paperback, Harlequin Regency Romance, #86, 221 pages
Published October 1st 1992 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about My Lord Winter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Lord Winter

Ann Keller
When Jane strikes out for London, her ancient carriage and the mail coach both break down, stranding the young noblewoman and her companions in the midst of an impenetrable fog. Ever resourceful, they seek shelter at Wintringham Abbey, the home of a frosty earl with little admiration for his fellow man. Grudgingly, the earl allows them to stay.

Jane’s arrival with her companion, Miss Gracechurch, is most appreciated when one of the earl’s guests goes into labor. The emergency seems to thaw the ea
This was an okay book -- a quick read that was finished in 4 hours and that in itself right now is a miracle for I have about 5 books with bookmarks in them.

Lady Jane Brooke is 20 years old and frustrated with her parents for they keep coming up with excuses to delay her "season". Her mother doesn't want to admit that she has a daughter of age because she is a flighty woman fighting the aging process and her father is an ambassador who is never home.

So Lady Jane Brooke has taken her governess a
I really liked most of the book, but I gave it 3 stars rather than 4 because about 3/4 of the way into the book it got very repetitive. It would have been a better book if it were about 50 pages shorter.
☆ Ruth ☆
Carola Dunn is a good writer, I like her characters and her style is smooth and appealing..... but her storylines are repetitive, unbelievable and often downright silly. Such a shame! However as regency romances go, she is still preferable to many of her peers in the modern, Mills & Boon style market.
I have enjoyed all of Carola Dunn’s regency books I have read so far. They are a nice, quick, easy read and they have a Jane Austen feel to them. Each book is different enough from the others to feel fresh and her enjoyable writing style is consistent.
Satisfying on its own terms. A nice, fun, clean read that is exactly what it advertises to be.
Not one of Dunn's better stories but a nice book for the bus. Easy to read easy to put down.
Mar 09, 2012 PWRL marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2012-new
Kaitlin Martin
Kaitlin Martin marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2015
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2015
Lisa marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2015
Chloe marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2015
Linda marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2015
Elaine marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2015
Linda Clarke
Linda Clarke is currently reading it
Jun 27, 2015
Biji marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2015
Georgeanne marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Carola Dunn is the author of more than 30 Regency romances, as well as 16 mysteries (the Daisy Dalrymple mystery series is set in England in the 1920s). Ms. Dunn was born and grew up in England, where she got a B.A. in Russian and French from Manchester University. She travelled as far as Fiji before returning to settle in California. After 30 years in the US, she says she still sounds as if she a ...more
More about Carola Dunn...