Start by marking “Fire and Ice (The League, #4; Nemesis Legacy - Gen 2, #1)” as Want to Read:
Fire and Ice (The League, #4; Nemesis Legacy - Gen 2, #1)

Fire and Ice (The League #4)

4.36 of 5 stars 4.36  ·  rating details  ·  2,308 ratings  ·  60 reviews
FIRE & ICE - Originally published in a stand alone ebook in
1998. Currently available in the OUT OF THIS WORLD anthology that features all the short stories Sherri wrote for Penguin.

Livia is a Vistan princess who is to be married to an ambassador from a neighboring galaxy--a brutal man, many years her senior. She knows that the one thing he values in her is her virginit
Published 1998

To ask other readers questions about Fire and Ice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fire and Ice

Legally Wed by N.M. SilberFinding Cinderella by Colleen HooverBeg by C.D. ReissVenetian Love Knots by Normandie AllemanSorority Pledge 1 by Daizie Draper
Romance Short Stories and Novellas
77th out of 498 books — 430 voters
Knight of Flame by Scott EderHarry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. RowlingWatership Down by Richard AdamsGone with the Wind by Margaret MitchellCatching Fire by Suzanne Collins
Earth, Wind and Fire
462nd out of 579 books — 95 voters

More lists with this book...

Like all of the League novels A-M-A-Z-I-N-G

This short novella is a perfect glance into the League Universe. It took me ages to actually pick this up and now looking back. I have no clue why.

The Plot:9/10
(view spoiler)
Jen (Red Hot Books)
This short story from the League series tells the story of Nykyrian's oldest son, Adron. We heard him mentioned and got a glimpse of him in the Prologue of Born of Ice. But now, the former League assassin is terrible shape. He was badly and irrevocably injured on a mission years ago, and now he lives in constant pain. He is angry at the world and wishes he would have died, rather than survive in his weakened condition.

He is drinking himself into oblivion at a bar when Livia comes in. She is a pr
Heather C
4.5 Stars

I just loved this! Of course, it was the cliched suffering, virginal princess gets a HEA with a scarred, tortured hero. But it was sweet and beautiful and I really enjoyed it.
"I wish I could be whole for you...I wish I could hold you and dance with you, take you in my arms and make love to you the way I want to."
"And I'm just grateful I have you at all. It's not your body or face that I love, Adron. It's your heart, your soul, and your mind."
This is what I call a real Disney story. This was a prince and a princess who saved each other. The prince is Adron Quiakides. Yes, it's Nykyrian's oldest son and his heir. In Born of Ice, it was mentioned that Adron was severly hurt in a mission. He traded himself for a pregnant woman who was hostage by a madman. Adron was tortured and his brother Jayce found him and as rule of the League Assassin, you must kill if you find a League assassin who is crippled and disfigured as an honor to the ass ...more
=====>>>>> TOO TOO TOO SHORT <<<<<======

This was an AWESOME story, but WAY too short, I think it could have gotten a little more in the family lives and even a little more cute moment of the love that developed between the couple... but it didn't, which is such a lost opportunity... I can only hope they bring this couple back again in another story in the series but it wont be the same.

I can understand why Sherrilyn Kenyon made this into a short story but I really w
A short story about a scarred, tortured hero and a sheltered, rebellious heroine who are perfectly suited to each other.

Adron lives in constant pain after the torture he endured a number of years ago and has shut himself off from the outside world and his family. Livia is a princess who refuses to obey her father who wants to marry her off to a man older than himself and runs off in a desperate effort to thwart his plans.

The two meet and end up saving one another, after overcoming the various ob
Bryonna Nobles
This story follows Born of Night's Nykyrian and Kiara's oldest son, Adron. A League Assassin like his daddy, Adron becomes horribly wounded when he trades himself to a psychopath in place of a pregnant servant. Eight years of constant pain later, he's a real dick to say the least. Then he meets Livia, a naive princess on the run from marrying a man older than her father! Eww.

Sherrilyn tells us in her author's note that she originally wanted this to be a full length story but in order to get it p
Aayesha Khatri
4.5 stars, only because it's so short. Otherwise it'd have been a 5.

This book is one of the most special and unique books I have ever read. I absolutely adored BOTH of the characters. The heroine was so giving and generous and flawless, and the hero was so incredibly heartbreakingly tortured. It's not very often that I add a short story to my 'heartbreakingly wonderful favourites' shelf, but I added this - so you can imagine how very amazing it must have been.

I'm definitely going to do a reread
Wonderful novella in one of my favorite series! I've heard others wonder why Adron didn't get a full-length story, but I think this tale fit nicely in the novella size. Livia and Adron's love was joyous to behold, and the lengths Livia was willing to go to in order to save Adron's life was amazing and selfless, truly representing a perfect love. I love this whole world that Kenyon has built and I jump at the chance to be in it if only for a little while!
This was a really good story. I felt so bad for Adron. I have to say I didn't blame him for being bitter and angry. I have to say I wouldn't want to live like that. As for his anger for Jayce was misplace. Of course his brother couldn't kill him. I wouldn't be able to either.

It was a sweet and perfect ending.
Miley the Book Junkie Reads . . .
A glimpse at the next generation of League members and a love that blooms in intrigue. Like father like son. Honor carries onward.
Angie ~aka Reading Machine~
Adron Quiakides has known nothing but pain the last few years and unforgiving to his brother Jayce for not doing his duty. Adron just wants to drink the night away with no one bothering him. Livia typpa Vista is a princess that will do anything to thwart her father's plans for her. She only has limited window of time to accomplish her task. She only knows that what she feels for Adron is unique and special. Adron cannot imagine ever having a wife but when he claims Livia it wants that and more. ...more
Shelly Runner
Sadaf Shaikh
I liked Adron from the start, but the story was so short to know him better.

Also: no wonder everybody gets pregnant, they never use protection... you would thing they have enough sense in the future, but I guess not. (I don't like this part of the series, but yeah, anyway, I like the series)

also: omg, what happend to Thia?!??!!
I'm still waiting for Nero's and Drake's book.
also the 2nd generation characters seem so interesting.
yes please.
thank you.
Short..sweet and to the point..I loved this short story of a fast love and how it can change everything you thought you knew. I also like how this book jumped so far ahead and you get a glimpse of what life is like for some of the characters of past books that you love.
This is a short story about Nyk and Kiara's oldest son Adron, and how he married his wife! I actually wish this book was longer, however it was a great introduction to The League 2nd Gen!
Way to short. I totally want more of Adron... and I want his mother-in-law to make babies with Nero! Thank is all.
Read this short story in the anthology "Man of my dreams", its my first encounter with the League world and im intrigued and definitly want to read more.
Livia is about to be married with a man her father has chosen, an old man shes no interest in. To escape this trap shes in a bar to find any man to help her with her virginity. She stumbles upon Adron, a retired commander with health issues. He cant refuse to help her and when theyre found the next morning they both agree to something they neve
Really just bought this for the League story. But the other stories were enjoyable, also.
Can't wait to read more!
Love the League
Nice and short
I loved it!
This is just a short. Wish it was a full length novel.
I also think this should be 3.5 instead of 2.5 as I just began reading #3 and the character is in this book so I think the sequence may be off.
Otherwise it is a great short story.
I was only able to take a few things away from this short story:
- Now I know what happened to Adron,
- Thia was mentioned,
- There's another Caillen in the mix.

Having said that...
- I wonder if Adron will me in any of the future books in the series?
- The door is open for Thia to come back. I bet she's evil which would mean we get to see a Paden all over again.
- What does Caillen have to do with Caillen? Unless the name is "space" for John then I guess the point is moot.
Livia and Adron's story!!!

Adron is an ex league assassin who has been severely injured before he left the League on the eight year celebration of his "life- change" he meets Livia a Vistan princess running from a life her father has set for her.

I have read both the original version and the latest version in In other Worlds and it is still one of my favorite League stories...
I just hope it was longer!!!
  • Midnight Pleasures (Wild Wulfs of London, #0.5; Dream-Hunter, #0.5)
  • House of Mirrors
  • Abandon the Night (Envy Chronicles, #3)
  • Knight of Darkness (Lords of Avalon, #2)
  • The Playboy Sheikh's Virgin Stable-Girl (The Royal House of Karedes #2)
  • Saturday's Child
  • Tapestry (de Piaget, #8.5; de Piaget/MacLeod, #8.5; Were-Hunter, #0.5; Entire Dark-Hunterverse, #1.5; Dark-Hunterverse, #2; Highlander, #8)
  • Demon Storm (Belador, #5)
  • Guardian (Time Hunters #2)
  • Sheikh's Desert Duty (The Chatsfield, #9)
  • The Fiorenza Forced Marriage (Harlequin Presents #2807)
  • Playing The Royal Game (The Santina Crown #8)
  • Heart of Fire
  • Love's Legacy
  • The Shattered Sylph (Sylph, #2)
  • Enslave Me Sweetly (Alien Huntress, #2)
  • My Cherished Enemy
Official UK Publisher Kenyon site
Official Chronicles of Nick site
Official Taiwan Publisher Dark-Hunter site
Official Facebook site

New York Times and international bestselling author Sherrilyn Kenyon is a regular at the #1 spot. With legions of fans known as Menyons (thousands of whom proudly sport tattoos from her series and
More about Sherrilyn Kenyon...

The League (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Born of Night (The League, #1)
  • Born of Fire (The League, #2)
  • Born of Ice (The League, #3; Nemesis Legacy - Gen 2, #2)
  • Born of Shadows (The League, #5)
  • Born of Silence (The League, #6)
  • Cloak and Silence (The League, #7)
  • Born of Fury (The League, #8)
  • Born of Defiance (The League, #9)
  • Born of Betrayal (The League, #10)
  • Born of Legend (The League, #11)

“Redemption is never where you expect to find it.” 21 likes