Start by marking “Fire and Ice (The League, #3.5)” as Want to Read:
Fire and Ice (The League, #3.5)

Fire and Ice (The League #3.5)

4.36 of 5 stars 4.36  ·  rating details  ·  2,037 ratings  ·  50 reviews
FIRE & ICE - Originally published in a stand alone ebook in
1998. Currently available in the OUT OF THIS WORLD anthology that features all the short stories Sherri wrote for Penguin.

Livia is a Vistan princess who is to be married to an ambassador from a neighboring galaxy--a brutal man, many years her senior. She knows that the one thing he values in her is her virginit
Published 1998

To ask other readers questions about Fire and Ice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fire and Ice

Legally Wed by N.M. SilberFinding Cinderella by Colleen HooverBeg by C.D. ReissVenetian Love Knots by Normandie AllemanSorority Pledge 1 by Daizie Draper
Romance Short Stories and Novellas
68th out of 442 books — 394 voters
Knight of Flame by Scott EderHarry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. RowlingWatership Down by Richard AdamsGone with the Wind by Margaret MitchellCatching Fire by Suzanne Collins
Earth, Wind and Fire
451st out of 568 books — 92 voters

More lists with this book...

Sita Sargeant
Like all of the League novels A-M-A-Z-I-N-G

This short novella is a perfect glance into the League Universe. It took me ages to actually pick this up and now looking back. I have no clue why.

The Plot:9/10
(view spoiler)
Jen (Red Hot Books)
This short story from the League series tells the story of Nykyrian's oldest son, Adron. We heard him mentioned and got a glimpse of him in the Prologue of Born of Ice. But now, the former League assassin is terrible shape. He was badly and irrevocably injured on a mission years ago, and now he lives in constant pain. He is angry at the world and wishes he would have died, rather than survive in his weakened condition.

He is drinking himself into oblivion at a bar when Livia comes in. She is a pr
A-Hersia A
This is what I call a real Disney story. This was a prince and a princess who saved each other. The prince is Adron Quiakides. Yes, it's Nykyrian's oldest son and his heir. In Born of Ice, it was mentioned that Adron was severly hurt in a mission. He traded himself for a pregnant woman who was hostage by a madman. Adron was tortured and his brother Jayce found him and as rule of the League Assassin, you must kill if you find a League assassin who is crippled and disfigured as an honor to the ass ...more
Thenia
A short story about a scarred, tortured hero and a sheltered, rebellious heroine who are perfectly suited to each other.

Adron lives in constant pain after the torture he endured a number of years ago and has shut himself off from the outside world and his family. Livia is a princess who refuses to obey her father who wants to marry her off to a man older than himself and runs off in a desperate effort to thwart his plans.

The two meet and end up saving one another, after overcoming the various ob
Bryonna Nobles
This story follows Born of Night's Nykyrian and Kiara's oldest son, Adron. A League Assassin like his daddy, Adron becomes horribly wounded when he trades himself to a psychopath in place of a pregnant servant. Eight years of constant pain later, he's a real dick to say the least. Then he meets Livia, a naive princess on the run from marrying a man older than her father! Eww.

Sherrilyn tells us in her author's note that she originally wanted this to be a full length story but in order to get it p
Heather C
4.5 Stars

I just loved this! Of course, it was the cliched suffering, virginal princess gets a HEA with a scarred, tortured hero. But it was sweet and beautiful and I really enjoyed it.
"I wish I could be whole for you...I wish I could hold you and dance with you, take you in my arms and make love to you the way I want to."
"And I'm just grateful I have you at all. It's not your body or face that I love, Adron. It's your heart, your soul, and your mind."
~Megan~
Wonderful novella in one of my favorite series! I've heard others wonder why Adron didn't get a full-length story, but I think this tale fit nicely in the novella size. Livia and Adron's love was joyous to behold, and the lengths Livia was willing to go to in order to save Adron's life was amazing and selfless, truly representing a perfect love. I love this whole world that Kenyon has built and I jump at the chance to be in it if only for a little while!
Allison
This was a really good story. I felt so bad for Adron. I have to say I didn't blame him for being bitter and angry. I have to say I wouldn't want to live like that. As for his anger for Jayce was misplace. Of course his brother couldn't kill him. I wouldn't be able to either.

It was a sweet and perfect ending.
Miley the Book Junkie Reads . . .
A glimpse at the next generation of League members and a love that blooms in intrigue. Like father like son. Honor carries onward.
Sadaf Shaikh
Jessie
Short..sweet and to the point..I loved this short story of a fast love and how it can change everything you thought you knew. I also like how this book jumped so far ahead and you get a glimpse of what life is like for some of the characters of past books that you love.
Jessica
This is a short story about Nyk and Kiara's oldest son Adron, and how he married his wife! I actually wish this book was longer, however it was a great introduction to The League 2nd Gen!
Michelle E.
May 15, 2014 Michelle E. marked it as unowned-want-to-read-4
Only because it's part of The League...doesn't really sound great, but I guess I wouldn't have read any League novels if I'd read the blurb first :)
Gretchen
Way to short. I totally want more of Adron... and I want his mother-in-law to make babies with Nero! Thank is all.
Linda
Read this short story in the anthology "Man of my dreams", its my first encounter with the League world and im intrigued and definitly want to read more.
Livia is about to be married with a man her father has chosen, an old man shes no interest in. To escape this trap shes in a bar to find any man to help her with her virginity. She stumbles upon Adron, a retired commander with health issues. He cant refuse to help her and when theyre found the next morning they both agree to something they neve
Amy
Really just bought this for the League story. But the other stories were enjoyable, also.
Teebee
I loved it!
Sherily
This is just a short. Wish it was a full length novel.
I also think this should be 3.5 instead of 2.5 as I just began reading #3 and the character is in this book so I think the sequence may be off.
Otherwise it is a great short story.
Kimberly
I was only able to take a few things away from this short story:
- Now I know what happened to Adron,
- Thia was mentioned,
- There's another Caillen in the mix.

Having said that...
- I wonder if Adron will me in any of the future books in the series?
- The door is open for Thia to come back. I bet she's evil which would mean we get to see a Paden all over again.
- What does Caillen have to do with Caillen? Unless the name is "space" for John then I guess the point is moot.
Deanne
Livia and Adron's story!!!

Adron is an ex league assassin who has been severely injured before he left the League on the eight year celebration of his "life- change" he meets Livia a Vistan princess running from a life her father has set for her.

I have read both the original version and the latest version in In other Worlds and it is still one of my favorite League stories...
I just hope it was longer!!!
Anne
I love this series so this was just a quick little add in while I wait for the next book. Kinda wish it was a full novel but I'd really like finally finding out what happened to Adron.
Teresa
I read this in Man of my Dreams anthology.
Michelle Tempted By Books
I LOVE the League. This story is no exception. Sherrilyn excels at creating a extra terrestrial universe that is believable. Not only that her unusual alien species, are sexy and alpha, apparently that happens even beyond Earth. Adron and Livia have fantastic chemistry. You will not be disappointed with this book.
Rebecca ♥ Matrim, Kishan, Magnus ♥
This was surprisingly good for a short. But I didnt get how, if Adron was in such bad condition, and the smallest thing could trigger internal bleeding, why was he doing physical therapy? Shouldnt he be avoiding any movement? And why is he still all muscular if he has been almost immobile for 5 years?
Anna
Ms Kenyon is one of the best in writing tormented heroes. Not as much in depth as J.R.Ward does it,but she is very close. Love The League series. Still can't decide which is better The League or Dark Hunter series. She makes quite interesting twists on the vamp world, which makes it compelling to read.
Kim
Too short! I read somewhere that this story was actually shortened into a novella for publication in an anthology. So sad.... I would have loved to read the full version. I absolutely love the League series, and am looking forward to the next installments.
Rachel
Awesome little short story about Nykyrian and Kiara's first born son, Adron. I really hope she follows through on her plan to expand this because there is a ton of potential here.

It was great in it's condensed form but I would love to see more of Adron and Livia!
Nymeria
Way too short to be really enjoyable. I enjoy very few novellas and this one fell squarely into the fail category. The potential for a good story was there but Kenyon doesn't deal well with books of a shorter length.
  • Darkness Within (Lords of Avalon, #3)
  • Midnight Pleasures (Wild Wulfs of London, #0.5; Dream-Hunter, #0.5)
  • Abandon the Night (Envy Chronicles, #3)
  • Guardian (Time Hunters, #2)
  • Amelia
  • Demon Storm (Belador, #5)
  • Tapestry (Were-Hunter, #0.5; Highlander, #8; De Piaget, #10)
  • Asmodeus (Fallen Angel, #2)
  • Gallant Waif
  • Cassandra by Chance
  • The Fiorenza Forced Marriage (Harlequin Presents #2807)
  • Heart of Fire
  • Love's Legacy
  • Warrior (Cat Star Chronicles, #2)
  • Savor Me Slowly (Alien Huntress, #3)
  • My Cherished Enemy
Official Author site
Official Author Free Mobile App
US Publisher Kenyon site
Official UK Publisher Kenyon site
Official Chronicles of Nick site
Official Taiwan Publisher Dark-Hunter site
Official Facebook site

New York Times and international bestselling author Sherrilyn Kenyon is a regular at the #1 spot. With legions of fans known as Menyons (thousands of whom proudly sport tattoos from her series and
More about Sherrilyn Kenyon...

The League (10 books)
  • Born of Night (The League, #1)
  • Born of Fire (The League, #2)
  • Born of Ice (The League, #3)
  • Born of Shadows (The League, #4)
  • Born of Silence (The League, #5)
  • Cloak and Silence (The League, #6)
  • Born of Fury (The League, #7)
  • Born of Defiance (The League, #8)
  • Born of Betrayal (The League, #9)
  • Born of Vengeance (League, #10)
Fantasy Lover (Dark-Hunter companion novel) Dance with the Devil (Dark-Hunter, #3) Acheron (Dark-Hunter, #8) Night Play (Were-Hunter, #1) Night Pleasures (Dark-Hunter, #1)

“Redemption is never where you expect to find it.” 19 likes