Start by marking “Fire and Ice (The League, #4; Nemesis Legacy - Gen 2, #1)” as Want to Read:
Fire and Ice (The League, #4; Nemesis Legacy - Gen 2, #1)

Fire and Ice (The League #4)

4.36  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,383 Ratings  ·  62 Reviews
FIRE & ICE - Originally published in a stand alone ebook in
1998. Currently available in the OUT OF THIS WORLD anthology that features all the short stories Sherri wrote for Penguin.

Livia is a Vistan princess who is to be married to an ambassador from a neighboring galaxy--a brutal man, many years her senior. She knows that the one thing he values in her is her virginit
Published 1998

To ask other readers questions about Fire and Ice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fire and Ice

Legally Wed by N.M. SilberFinding Cinderella by Colleen HooverBeg by C.D. ReissVenetian Love Knots by Normandie AllemanSorority Pledge 1 by Daizie Draper
Romance Short Stories and Novellas
77th out of 507 books — 438 voters
Knight of Flame by Scott EderHarry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. RowlingWatership Down by Richard AdamsGone with the Wind by Margaret MitchellCatching Fire by Suzanne Collins
Earth, Wind and Fire
462nd out of 579 books — 95 voters

More lists with this book...

Sita
Oct 17, 2011 Sita rated it it was amazing
Like all of the League novels A-M-A-Z-I-N-G

This short novella is a perfect glance into the League Universe. It took me ages to actually pick this up and now looking back. I have no clue why.

The Plot:9/10
(view spoiler)
Jen (Red Hot Books)
This short story from the League series tells the story of Nykyrian's oldest son, Adron. We heard him mentioned and got a glimpse of him in the Prologue of Born of Ice. But now, the former League assassin is terrible shape. He was badly and irrevocably injured on a mission years ago, and now he lives in constant pain. He is angry at the world and wishes he would have died, rather than survive in his weakened condition.

He is drinking himself into oblivion at a bar when Livia comes in. She is a pr
Heather C
4.5 Stars

I just loved this! Of course, it was the cliched suffering, virginal princess gets a HEA with a scarred, tortured hero. But it was sweet and beautiful and I really enjoyed it.
"I wish I could be whole for you...I wish I could hold you and dance with you, take you in my arms and make love to you the way I want to."
"And I'm just grateful I have you at all. It's not your body or face that I love, Adron. It's your heart, your soul, and your mind."
AL
Jul 13, 2014 AL rated it it was amazing
This is what I call a real Disney story. This was a prince and a princess who saved each other. The prince is Adron Quiakides. Yes, it's Nykyrian's oldest son and his heir. In Born of Ice, it was mentioned that Adron was severly hurt in a mission. He traded himself for a pregnant woman who was hostage by a madman. Adron was tortured and his brother Jayce found him and as rule of the League Assassin, you must kill if you find a League assassin who is crippled and disfigured as an honor to the ass ...more
Bryonna Nobles
Jul 16, 2012 Bryonna Nobles rated it really liked it
Shelves: scifi-romance
This story follows Born of Night's Nykyrian and Kiara's oldest son, Adron. A League Assassin like his daddy, Adron becomes horribly wounded when he trades himself to a psychopath in place of a pregnant servant. Eight years of constant pain later, he's a real dick to say the least. Then he meets Livia, a naive princess on the run from marrying a man older than her father! Eww.

Sherrilyn tells us in her author's note that she originally wanted this to be a full length story but in order to get it p
✿-Anna-✿
=====>>>>> TOO TOO TOO SHORT <<<<<======

This was an AWESOME story, but WAY too short, I think it could have gotten a little more in the family lives and even a little more cute moment of the love that developed between the couple... but it didn't, which is such a lost opportunity... I can only hope they bring this couple back again in another story in the series but it wont be the same.

I can understand why Sherrilyn Kenyon made this into a short story but I really w
Thenia
Mar 31, 2015 Thenia rated it really liked it
A short story about a scarred, tortured hero and a sheltered, rebellious heroine who are perfectly suited to each other.

Adron lives in constant pain after the torture he endured a number of years ago and has shut himself off from the outside world and his family. Livia is a princess who refuses to obey her father who wants to marry her off to a man older than himself and runs off in a desperate effort to thwart his plans.

The two meet and end up saving one another, after overcoming the various ob
Aayesha Khatri
4.5 stars, only because it's so short. Otherwise it'd have been a 5.

This book is one of the most special and unique books I have ever read. I absolutely adored BOTH of the characters. The heroine was so giving and generous and flawless, and the hero was so incredibly heartbreakingly tortured. It's not very often that I add a short story to my 'heartbreakingly wonderful favourites' shelf, but I added this - so you can imagine how very amazing it must have been.

I'm definitely going to do a reread
~Megan~
Feb 04, 2011 ~Megan~ rated it it was amazing
Wonderful novella in one of my favorite series! I've heard others wonder why Adron didn't get a full-length story, but I think this tale fit nicely in the novella size. Livia and Adron's love was joyous to behold, and the lengths Livia was willing to go to in order to save Adron's life was amazing and selfless, truly representing a perfect love. I love this whole world that Kenyon has built and I jump at the chance to be in it if only for a little while!
Allison
May 05, 2011 Allison rated it it was amazing
This was a really good story. I felt so bad for Adron. I have to say I didn't blame him for being bitter and angry. I have to say I wouldn't want to live like that. As for his anger for Jayce was misplace. Of course his brother couldn't kill him. I wouldn't be able to either.

It was a sweet and perfect ending.
Miley the Book Junkie Reads . . .
A glimpse at the next generation of League members and a love that blooms in intrigue. Like father like son. Honor carries onward.
Angie ~aka Reading Machine~
Adron Quiakides has known nothing but pain the last few years and unforgiving to his brother Jayce for not doing his duty. Adron just wants to drink the night away with no one bothering him. Livia typpa Vista is a princess that will do anything to thwart her father's plans for her. She only has limited window of time to accomplish her task. She only knows that what she feels for Adron is unique and special. Adron cannot imagine ever having a wife but when he claims Livia it wants that and more. ...more
Shelly Runner
Sep 06, 2015 Shelly Runner rated it it was amazing
Sadaf Shaikh
Edith
Jun 09, 2015 Edith rated it liked it
I liked Adron from the start, but the story was so short to know him better.

Also: no wonder everybody gets pregnant, they never use protection... you would thing they have enough sense in the future, but I guess not. (I don't like this part of the series, but yeah, anyway, I like the series)

also: omg, what happend to Thia?!??!!
I'm still waiting for Nero's and Drake's book.
also the 2nd generation characters seem so interesting.
yes please.
thank you.
Ashley
Aug 11, 2015 Ashley rated it really liked it
Léa
Jan 24, 2016 Léa rated it really liked it
Nice little story about Adron Quiakides who after a suicidal mission is badly hurt and wants seriously to die but doesn't even dare kill himself for the love of his family. (but hates his brother for saving him ?)
Livia is a princess who doesn't love her life as well and wants to give away her virginity to avoid a marriage. How fortunate that they happen to find each other in a bar and fall for one another.

Great story about acceptance, forgiveness and love !
Jessie
Jul 23, 2014 Jessie rated it really liked it
Short..sweet and to the point..I loved this short story of a fast love and how it can change everything you thought you knew. I also like how this book jumped so far ahead and you get a glimpse of what life is like for some of the characters of past books that you love.
Umaiya .Sayi
LOVE LOVE LOVE

Ever since reading Devyn's book I was really looking forward to Adron's story and though it most certainly didnot disappoint, Im cutting one star because this wasnt a full length novel and I really really wished it were.
Gretchen
Mar 25, 2015 Gretchen rated it liked it
Way to short. I totally want more of Adron... and I want his mother-in-law to make babies with Nero! Thank is all.
Linda
May 06, 2011 Linda rated it really liked it
Read this short story in the anthology "Man of my dreams", its my first encounter with the League world and im intrigued and definitly want to read more.
Livia is about to be married with a man her father has chosen, an old man shes no interest in. To escape this trap shes in a bar to find any man to help her with her virginity. She stumbles upon Adron, a retired commander with health issues. He cant refuse to help her and when theyre found the next morning they both agree to something they neve
Amy
Mar 04, 2015 Amy rated it really liked it
Really just bought this for the League story. But the other stories were enjoyable, also.
Lizzie
Jun 27, 2015 Lizzie rated it it was amazing
Can't wait to read more!
Julia
Mar 29, 2014 Teebee rated it really liked it
I loved it!
Sherily
Feb 02, 2015 Sherily rated it it was amazing
This is just a short. Wish it was a full length novel.
I also think this should be 3.5 instead of 2.5 as I just began reading #3 and the character is in this book so I think the sequence may be off.
Otherwise it is a great short story.
fire
Feb 12, 2014 fire rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy-sci-fi
4.5
Kimberly
Feb 27, 2011 Kimberly rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2011
I was only able to take a few things away from this short story:
- Now I know what happened to Adron,
- Thia was mentioned,
- There's another Caillen in the mix.

Having said that...
- I wonder if Adron will me in any of the future books in the series?
- The door is open for Thia to come back. I bet she's evil which would mean we get to see a Paden all over again.
- What does Caillen have to do with Caillen? Unless the name is "space" for John then I guess the point is moot.
Monika Barys
Mar 01, 2015 Monika Barys rated it really liked it
Cute novella
Kenyons Minions: Fire and Ice BOTM 5 12 Dec 04, 2015 08:49AM
  • The Playboy Sheikh's Virgin Stable-Girl (The Royal House of Karedes #2)
  • House of Mirrors
  • Midnight Pleasures (Wild Wulfs of London #0.5; Dream-Hunter #0.5)
  • Abandon the Night (Envy Chronicles, #3)
  • Knight of Darkness (Lords of Avalon Graphic Novel, #2)
  • Demon Storm (Belador, #5)
  • Guardian (Time Hunters #2)
  • Tapestry (de Piaget, #8.5; de Piaget/MacLeod, #8.5; Were-Hunter, #0.5; Entire Dark-Hunterverse, #1.5; Dark-Hunterverse, #2; Highlander, #8)
  • Cassandra by Chance
  • Sheikh's Desert Duty (The Chatsfield, #9)
  • The Tender Stranger (Soldiers of Fortune, #2)
  • Heart of Fire
  • Enslave Me Sweetly (Alien Huntress, #2)
  • My Cherished Enemy
  • Love's Legacy
  • The Fiorenza Forced Marriage (Harlequin Presents #2807)
Official Author site
Official Author Free Mobile App
US Publisher Kenyon site
Official UK Publisher Kenyon site
Official Chronicles of Nick site
Official Taiwan Publisher Dark-Hunter site
Official Facebook site

New York Times and international bestselling author Sherrilyn Kenyon is a regular at the #1 spot. With legions of fans known as Menyons (thousands of whom proudly sport tattoos from her series and
More about Sherrilyn Kenyon...

The League (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Born of Night (The League, #1)
  • Born of Fire (The League, #2)
  • Born of Ice (The League, #3; Nemesis Legacy - Gen 2, #2)
  • Born of Shadows (The League, #5)
  • Born of Silence (The League, #6)
  • Cloak and Silence (The League, #7)
  • Born of Fury (The League, #8)
  • Born of Defiance (The League, #9)
  • Born of Betrayal (The League, #10)
  • Born of Legend (The League, #11)

“Redemption is never where you expect to find it.” 21 likes