Start by marking “His Son's Teacher” as Want to Read:
His Son's Teacher

His Son's Teacher (Tulanes of Tennessee #2)

Nick Tulane ordinarily won't admit weakness--in himself or in those he loves. But when he learns his son is about to fail in school, the single father is desperate to find a tutor. And Jennifer Rose is perfect.In fact, Jen might be too perfect. Nick's starting to fall for the attractive teacher, and he can't let that happen. Because opening up to Jen means sharing the ...more
Published July 1st 2008 by Harlequin Books (first published November 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about His Son's Teacher, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Son's Teacher

Jae
I went in expecting only 4 or 3 stars maybe (not too many considering it's a Harlequin Super Romance) but came out with a blazing 5 stars. I shouldn't be surprised really since it was written by Kay Stockham. I just wanna say that this was wonderful read, I had a great time.

Nick and Jenn each had their own insecurities and quite sceptical that they could be more than friends at all. Nick, a high school dropout felt that he couldn't measured to Jenn a teacher. While Jenn could never imagine why a
Saly
This is the second in the Tulane series and I enjoyed this one as well. This time we have Nick Tulane, who we know from the previous book as being a high-school drop-out, single father and a owner of several business's and being kind of estranged from his family.
Nick finds out that his son has been forging signatures and is in academic trouble, all of this reminds Nick of how poor he was at studies and he doesn't want his son to go through the same pain or make him an object of ridicule so he wa
The UHQ Nasanta
Contemporary romance is not my favorite genre but it's books like these that convince me to read more of them.

What I liked about this book were:
- Hero has a disability
- Hero is not a "professional", billionaire, or tough alpha (although he does come from a wealthy family)
- Hero is somewhat insecure
- Heroine is not thin and drop-dead gorgeous
- Hero's Dr. brother who sounds...more than interesting :)

What I did not like about this book:
- Heroine makes me realize I am more inclined to carry a grudg
Carrie
3.5* Grade B/B-

This was overall a very enjoyable book with more depth than I expected. The characters grow and develop during the story, and there isn't a pat answer to every issue brought up. I have a friend whose son had the same reading impairment mentioned in the book, and the information here was very interesting (and seemed accurate).
Natalija
May 31, 2016 Natalija rated it it was ok
Shelves: category, dnf
DNF at 27%

I loved the story, but I didn't like Jennifer enough to continue reading. I don't mind insecure heroines at all, but I can't stand the ones that constantly have to be pushed, convinced and encouraged.

I might come back to it later and give it another chance, though.
Arwa Shahin
Aug 19, 2015 Arwa Shahin rated it it was amazing
After finishing the last page, the first thing I thought was: ''So damn good story''. I loved this book. The characters have clear and open thought towards the reader and the moral was just lovely and well fitting for nowadays girls-issues. It tells about a young woman (a teacher) who just came out of a disaster divorce and gained so much weight (this was because of the stress, but she has been overweight her entire life). Her Ex wouldn't leave her alone and Jennifer becomes really desperate. ...more
Romancing the Book
May 17, 2011 Romancing the Book rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, contemporary
Reviewer: EmmaRae

Blurb: They need help...fast.

In fact, Jen might be too perfect. Nick's starting to fall for the attractive teacher, and he can't let that happen. Because opening up to Jen means sharing the secret that has always made him feel like an outsider in his own family. Still, wit
M
Jul 07, 2012 M rated it it was amazing

booksonboard.com This is the second book in the Tulane family series. Kay Stockham writes another contemporary romance that is emotional and sweet. Nick a single father can not read. He is estranged from his family who do not know this fact. He falls in love with a teacher whom he hires to help his son who is turns out can not read either. The teacher is also scarred as she was just divorced form her husband and has low self esteem due to weight issues. Th
Leya
Feb 08, 2013 Leya rated it really liked it
Jennifer is recently divorced and let’s just say her ex was an ass, she has issues, mainly weight issues, along with a few emotional scars that she’s never been able to leave behind. Nick a successful business man has a few issues of his own, but he needs help for his son. So they barter, Jennifer will tutor his son in exchange for his help at the gym.

I was hooked from the first chapter. I loved the characters. Nick’s insecurities and his fear for his son was so touching and heartfelt. Jenn’s l
F
Aug 10, 2010 F rated it liked it
Proper diet and exercise was a continuous topic throughout this book, but I enjoyed the concept of dyslexia and Irlen Syndrome as well. Also, if not for this book, I might never have heard of or "googled" Mara Corday or Gina Lollobrigida. To me as a reader, the major drawback of the book was sentence structure. Several times, I had to stop, re-read to grasp the intent of what the author had written.
Mlleelizabeth
Sep 28, 2013 Mlleelizabeth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a book.

For a full review, please go to:

GoodReads's policies no longer comply with my review policy. Therefore my reviews will be posted at BookLikes going forward. Thank you for following my reviews here. I hope to continue discussing books with you on BookLikes.
TheAgileReader
Aug 17, 2011 TheAgileReader rated it really liked it
One of my favorite Harlequin Super Romance books. I really liked the hero and I like that he was kind of vulnerable in this novel. I didn't enjoy what the heroine did in the end and was a little disappointed that he had to go after her. I also thought that his secret revelation went a little too smoothly, but overall it was really good. I would definitely read again.
Geri
Mar 03, 2014 Geri rated it really liked it
Quick read. Kind of silly what Nick was hiding, but I understand that he was embarrassed and didn't want to be judged by it.

Serendipity
Serendipity rated it really liked it
Apr 29, 2013
Angela
Angela rated it it was amazing
May 17, 2014
Cassie
Cassie rated it really liked it
Apr 18, 2013
Maria
Maria rated it liked it
Jul 26, 2014
Rachael
Rachael rated it it was amazing
Jul 20, 2016
Red
Red rated it really liked it
Sep 01, 2013
Vera
Vera rated it it was ok
Sep 20, 2013
Melinda Dozier
Melinda Dozier rated it really liked it
Mar 22, 2012
Nathalie Hallin
Nathalie Hallin rated it really liked it
Aug 10, 2014
Isabelle
Isabelle rated it really liked it
Sep 25, 2012
Fran
Fran rated it liked it
Mar 11, 2012
Kelly
Kelly rated it liked it
Aug 29, 2012
Jana
Jana rated it it was amazing
Jan 15, 2012
Sharyn Turner
Sharyn Turner rated it it was amazing
Sep 19, 2015
Penny Watson
Penny Watson rated it it was amazing
Nov 07, 2013
Cornelia
Jul 24, 2014 Cornelia rated it liked it
Shelves: paperback, harlequin
the sport manager fall for the curvy teacher... that was a nice and cute story!
Alinde
Alinde rated it really liked it
Dec 28, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
A Cyber Launch Party For Kay Stockham 1 2 Mar 16, 2010 07:35AM
  • A Not-So-Perfect Past
  • Her Secret Fling (Harlequin Blaze, #517)
  • Beautiful Stranger (The Last Roundup, #4)
  • Molly Cooper's Dream Date
  • Walk on the Wild Side
  • Liam's Perfect Woman (Home to Harbor Town, #2)
  • Bring Him Home (Special Forces, #3)
  • Taming a Highland Devil
  • Unexpected Family
  • The Family Plan
  • Claiming Her (Renegades & Outlaws, #1)
  • Crazy Love (Steele Street, #5)
Kay Lyons Stockham is an award-winning author of 25+ books published by Harlequin Enterprises, Berkley Publishing and Kindred Spirits Publishing. She has also been a Book Buyers Best, HOLT Medallion and RITA Award finalist with a million books in print.

For more information on Kay's work, please visit her website at http://www.kaystockham.com or find her at one of the following:

Kay Lyons Stockham,
More about Kay Stockham...

Tulanes of Tennessee (5 books)
  • Another Man's Baby