Start by marking “Chance Encounter” as Want to Read:
Chance Encounter

Chance Encounter

From the Best-Selling Author of Some Sweet Day, All I Hold Dear, and The River Path

Thirty-five years old and single, Kendra Emerson believes any hope for romance is as far away as the family she�s driving to visit. However, her plans for a peaceful, uneventful holiday change abruptly when she ends up stranded in a small Nevada town. While window-shopping, she hears a su

Published May 10th 2000 by Covenant Communications

To ask other readers questions about Chance Encounter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chance Encounter

Katie W
Aug 06, 2010 Katie W rated it really liked it
Kendra is on her way to CA to spend Christmas with her two younger sisters and their amilies when she ends up in a small town in NV for a tire repair. She and a small boy are kidnapped and left for dead in a snowy desert, but Chase, a rancher stumbles upon them. This was a tender holiday story that really shows the true meaning of Christmas.
Savanna
Oct 17, 2012 Savanna rated it really liked it
Shelves: lds
Kendra is 35 and an old maid. On her way to her sister's place for Christmas one of her tires gets a flat and she has to stop is a small town for it to get repaired. While there she sees a little boy standing by himself outside a toy shop window and talks to him for a bit. Just as she is about to take the little boy inside to look for his family, the window in front of them shatters and Kendra protects the little boy with her body. Men with guns grab Kendra and the little boy hostage. After the ...more
Erin
Dec 25, 2013 Erin rated it really liked it
This was a great book! I actually got a little bored in the beginning-ish middle. I almost gave up on it in all honesty, but it got better and the middle and end were really good. Oh, but the beginning was really really REALLY preachy. Most of the beginning was either the character thinking/worrying or explaining how much God loves them. Now I'm a religious person and I appreciate it, but it got a bit much and seemed kind of tossed in there with the rest of the story.
Anyway sorry that was a lo
Sandy
Aug 25, 2012 Sandy rated it liked it
Thirty-five years old and single, Kendra Emerson believes any hope for romance is as far away as the family she’s driving to visit. However, her plans for a peaceful, uneventful holiday change abruptly when she ends up stranded in a small Nevada town. While window-shopping, she hears a sudden crash of glass, and two armed robbers take Kendra and a nearby child hostage.

Pretty wordy and repetitious when telling the reader what the main characters are thinking about each other. The basic story/plot
Melissa
Feb 17, 2009 Melissa rated it liked it
Shelves: lds-fiction
Kendra, a single 35 year old women, gets sidetracked in a small town in Nevada with a flat tire. Chase, a widowed rancher, saves Kendra and David, a four year old boy from the little town, from the peril they found themselves in because of others choices.

A sweet romance with a bit of adventure. I had read it once before, but didn't remember it until I got going. It is good for an entertaining, quick read.

Aubrianna
Jul 15, 2012 Aubrianna rated it really liked it
This book was touching in a spiritual way, with a sensible amount of realism to it that made it believable. The main characters are appealing, and just darn cute sometimes. Definitely a good read. The only thing that could have made it better was a bit more UN-realistic drama... I was waiting too long for the damsel in distress moment that didn't come like I expected. Otherwise, very sweet and lovable.
Rachael
Sep 21, 2008 Rachael rated it it was amazing
um, i thought i might have read this before, but wasn't really sure, until i went to enter it into my read books. I would give it 4 stars this time, not because i remembered how it ended or anything like that, just at a different place in my life. I did enjoy the way testimonies were everywhere in the story and since i have made a goal of strengthening mine this year it helped encourage that desire.
Kendra
Mar 26, 2009 Kendra rated it it was amazing
I love this book. A friend of mine told me I should read it and I had never heard of this author before and now she is one of my favorites. The girl in the book gets tries to save a boy and ends up getting kidnapped too then escapes and from the "bad guys" and ends up in a snow storm and the main guy saves her.
Susan
Oct 07, 2008 Susan rated it really liked it
After struggling with the last couple of books I went back to to favorite. One of my re-read books. Kendra Emerson, 35, believes that all chance of romance and family have passed her by. She is on her way to spend Christmas with her two married sisters in California when a stop to fix a tire in a small town ends up with her taken hostage in a robbery.
Alison
Jan 26, 2009 Alison rated it really liked it
I thought this was a cute romance novel, a girl from more of a city area gets stuck in more of a country town, meets up with what people call an unattractive young man, a country boy. Such a cute romance novel!
Lisa
Feb 18, 2009 Lisa rated it it was amazing
I loved the adventure in this book. Kendra is such a strong woman and she deserves happiness. It made me see things in myself. I am always going the direction others have wanted for me. I should take her example and see what is out there that I want.
One of my favorite love stories.
Kallie Allen
Sep 14, 2011 Kallie Allen rated it liked it
Good book. It was not as suspenseful as I thought that it would be but it was good. I enjoyed the interactions with the characters and how it was not all about the love story. It was about the meaning of Christmas and bringing people together.
Jan 14, 2009 Jennifer rated it really liked it
Own: Book
14harnold
Aug 05, 2010 14harnold rated it really liked it
I have heard good things about this book, I hope
it will live up to those standards.
T
Jun 11, 2009 T rated it liked it
Mormon romance. predicatble but entertaining .
Mindy
Aug 03, 2009 Mindy rated it really liked it
A great love story, definitely a book for those of us that are hopeful romantics. :)
Candace
Aug 13, 2008 Candace rated it it was amazing
Great book! I would recommend it!
Susan
Apr 09, 2013 Susan rated it really liked it
Good. Tear jerker!
Haley
Apr 06, 2011 Haley rated it liked it
3.75 stars. Really cute.
Brenda
Sep 03, 2009 Brenda rated it liked it
This was a pretty good book. It was a little bit excessive in the church stuff, but I liked the story and the characters were great. Someone outside of the church would be lost and confused however.
Christina
Fun, quick read with a good amount of adventure and romance. The romance was a little to perfect and mushy, but isn't that why we read romance novels?
Shaunna
Oct 21, 2008 Shaunna rated it really liked it
I really like this book. It is a romance that has a good message and it was a great read! I'd love to read it again!
Tisha
Aug 18, 2013 Tisha rated it liked it
A little bit cheesy, but an enjoyable brainless read.
Lisa
Mar 08, 2010 Lisa rated it really liked it
Nice LDS book. Cute, quick read.
Caprice
Jan 13, 2016 Caprice rated it liked it
Annemarie
Feb 11, 2008 Annemarie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Another one of my favorite books of hers. I read this one a long time ago and I know for sure I've read it more than three times. I'm all for a good book with lots of suspense.
Christine Childs
Sep 10, 2012 Christine Childs rated it really liked it
Great book for the romance girl!
Heather
Mar 18, 2013 Heather rated it liked it
I read this book in May, which left me feeling strange since it is set in December. I kept thinking it should be snowing outside.
Connie
Sep 04, 2012 Connie added it
This is one of my favorite books from Jennie Hansen!!
Martha
May 28, 2011 Martha rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, adult, fiction
3 1/2 stars.
  • A Time for the Heart
  • Winter Fire
  • This Just in
  • Hearts in Hiding (Haggerty Mystery, #1)
  • Lockdown (Saint Squad, #2)
  • Perfect Timing
  • Rubies and Rebels (Gems and Espionage, #9)
  • Blind Side