Start by marking “The Girl, the Dragon, and the Wild Magic (Rhianna, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Girl, the Dragon, and the Wild Magic (Rhianna, #1)

The Girl, the Dragon, and the Wild Magic (Rhianna #1)

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  329 ratings  ·  18 reviews
A charming, magical story of a girl whose magic goes wrong -- in all the right ways.

Rhianna is failing out of magic school. She's very clumsy, even though she tries really hard. After she causes her biggest mess ever, a wizard appears with some astonishing news - Rhianna's magic is, in fact, stronger than anyone else's. She's a Wild Talent, which means that she possesses a
Published October 1st 2003 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published March 18th 2000)

To ask other readers questions about The Girl, the Dragon, and the Wild Magic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Girl, the Dragon, and the Wild Magic

Emily
Wow... I haven't seen hide nor tail of this book since I was eight! Cool to have stumbled upon it. Now, since I haven't read it since then this review will be very short as it will be based on a memory from a LONG time ago. I remember that, as an eight year old, I liked the story very much. I was going through a "girl who is friends with dragons" phase at the time( I had just started reading E. D. Baker's Frog Princess series). I will re-read it soon to give a better review.
Sunyoung
Nov 28, 2010 Sunyoung rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: 13 and under
Shelves: own-it
Hello. I believe that this is my second review ever on this site. I read this book awhile ago, well, maybe 6-7 years ago when I was still in elementary school. I don't clearly remember what happened so I decided to read it right now. I just sent in my UC app yesterday and I'm trying to enjoy the rest of my Thanksgiving break and trying to forget the USC app which is due next Wednesday if I'm applying for scholarship. I think this book will be a quick read so here it goes! If I feel like it, I sh ...more
Ashley kreger
i loved this little book it was so different than what i am use to it was refreshing to me it was so cute. it was about this girl who was different and treated poorly for being so but when they find out why she is different its a good thing and it ends up saving the town i love, love, loved it, i want to go and buy it so i can reread it whenever i feel like it. and i love the cover art its so just cute to me. i would recommend this book to anyone who thinks they are to different in the world, yo ...more
Jill
This is a very simple read and yet I enjoyed it a great deal. I read it aloud to my young children and they couldn't wait to get in bed to read another chapter. That might have to do with why I liked it so well. It isn't amazing writing by any means but the story is simple and fun. My boy liked it so well he named his lego wizard after one of the characters. This a great for a young audience.
Anne
Sep 09, 2012 Anne rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: children with reading levels fourth grade or above, fantasy lovers looking for a quick read
Shelves: kid-s-books
I read this book when I was in third grade, and it was one of those that I would hide under my desk and read when I finished work ahead of the class. Very good, well-written book with sequels if your child loves it. It is probably written at a fourth or fifth grade level, but it's good for reading out loud to children younger than that. I highly recommend.
Dawnetta
Dec 22, 2007 Dawnetta rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: 7+
Shelves: childrenlit, 8-and-up
My children loved these books. They have an exciting plot line that keep all the readers engaged. Some of the scary parts were a bit too scary for the younger reader. If your child has problems with nightmares, I'd have them wait til they were 7 or 8 before reading them.
Julie
This was a fun, quick read with an interesting twist about magic. It emphasized how a different type of talent was not valued at school but how it could be controlled and bless the whole community. Greed was present and caught up to. I enjoyed it.
Emily Wallace
Great fantasy book for third grade and up. It is hard to find a fantasy for girls and this one is very good. I think boys would also like it, but the main character is a girl.
Camila
I read this in 4th grade for a book report and I remember really liking it. The plot was really good and it made me want to sit down and read the book all the way through.
Kayla
This book was so cool If I was little again I would make my parents read it to me every night before I went to sleep. That's how good this book is!!!
Mandy
Read with my 10 year old, who is a reluctant reader. We loved it. a bit harder to read aloud, lots of dependent and independent clauses.
Kim
just what's needed on a cold snowy night - a drop of light fantasy - here's hoping the second book reads as easy!
Twyla
Lizzypants
I really should reread this...i remember choosing this book for its' cover
Jared
Jan 25, 2012 Jared rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2012
Really slow at the beginning and then lots of action at the end.
Brittney
Sep 15, 2010 Brittney is currently reading it
this is a good book. i have read it several times.
Christine
Very cute, I could really realate to the main character.
Brittani Ivan
Brittani Ivan marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2015
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2015
Star
Star marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2015
Ernest Kimme
Ernest Kimme marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2015
Camille
Camille marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2015
What's The Name o...: Young girl, with uncontroled magic [s] 8 102 Jan 13, 2014 03:03AM
  • A Wizard Named Nell (The Keepers, #1)
  • Slay and Rescue
  • If the Shoe Fits (The Princess School, #1)
  • The Princess's Dragon
  • Dragon Kiss (The Tales of the Frog Princess, #7)
  • Pet Shop of Horrors: Tokyo, Volume 5 (Pet Shop of Horrors: Tokyo, #5)
  • The Mountains of the Moon (The Unicorn's Secret, #4)
  • Sir Lancelot, Where Are You? (Dragon Slayers' Academy, #6)
  • Cross Game 5 (Cross Game, #10-11)
  • The Runaway Princess (Runaway Princess, #1)
  • Rider (Spirals of Destiny #1)
  • The Last Hunt (Unicorn Chronicles, #4)
  • Dragon's Egg
  • The Story of Saiunkoku, Vol. 4
  • The Secret History of Tom Trueheart (Tom Trueheart, #1)
  • Wizard at Work
  • The Magic Key (Fairy Realm, #5)

Rhianna (3 books)
  • The Girl, the Apprentice, and the Dogs of Iron (Rhianna, #2)
  • The Girl, the Queen, and the Castle (Rhianna, #3)
The Girl, the Apprentice, and the Dogs of Iron (Rhianna, #2) The Girl, the Queen, and the Castle (Rhianna, #3) Paladin The Truth about Magic A Dark Winter