The Kachina Doll Mystery (Nancy Drew, #62)

The Kachina Doll Mystery (Nancy Drew #62)

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  1,045 ratings  ·  19 reviews
When Nancy arrives at the McGuire's fitness ranch in Arizona, she discovers that the future of the ranch is being threatened by unexplained accidents. Teaming up with a ghost, Nancy begins her search for a precious collection of ancient Kachina dolls and hunts for her elusive adversary, who is determined to prevent the ranch from operating.
Published April 21st 2005 by Grosset & Dunlap (first published 1981)

To ask other readers questions about The Kachina Doll Mystery, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Kachina Doll Mystery

The Bean Trees by Barbara KingsolverWalks Away Woman by Ki LongfellowAnimal Dreams by Barbara KingsolverThe Host by Stephenie MeyerPigs in Heaven by Barbara Kingsolver
Novels Set in Arizona
58th out of 96 books — 51 voters
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper LeePride and Prejudice by Jane AustenHarry Potter Boxset by J.K. RowlingJane Eyre by Charlotte BrontëThe Outsiders by S.E. Hinton
Hey, chicks can write, too!
421st out of 844 books — 224 voters

More lists with this book...

Catarina
I just found out that the Diana D. books I read in my early teens are actually Nancy Drew books. I read five of them and can basically remember almost nothing but I wanted to review this one because it was the scariest book I had read to the date.
I remember being up under my covers with a flash-light (yes, I did that) reading and trembling and wishing for it all to be over. This book actually scared me and for that, for that trill I'm thankful, it's always nice to read a book that gets to you. I...more
Eden
One day Nancy Drew receives a letter from a friend she hasn't heard from in a while. In the letter, her friend is asking if she'll come to Arizona and solve a mystery for her. Her friend wants to make a fitness ranch and with the fact there is a ghost haunting the place, she's not sure if anyone will want to come and stay. As always, Nancy is on the case.

The book was a little slow at times, but does get really good. I haven't read many Nancy Drew books, but I think Nancy is a great character. Sh...more
B.w.l.e. Travel
Excellent book for girls heading to the American Southwest. Located in Arizona, it features a major plot line focused on Native American culture.
Nikki
I think this might be a favorite, I could see it be a good addition to the Nancy Drew video games.
Tina
These were my favorite books when I was a kid. I have almost the entire set of yellow back books- I'm missing 4.

Anyway, I passed many happy hours reading and re-reading and re-re-reading these books. They were dated then, so I imagine they are way, way, dated now. I think they have updated versions, but, in any case these books have brought me many hours of joy.

I remember this one being one of my favorites. The cover-art is different than mine though.
Julie_ian_curtis
Jodie
I just love the Nancy Drew series! I know that these seem young for me, but I love the quick read. I took this book camping and it was fun to be able to pick it up when I had a chance. Keene has a way of making sure you'll never figure out the mystery. I love that about her. I also love that there a little romance mixed in. Fun to read. You'll never guess how this one ends!
Jill
For whatever reason, I found Kachina dolls intriguing before I read this book. Maybe we were just back from a family vacation. I'm not sure, but the Kachina dolls are what made this Nancy Drew book work for me.
Jie Hao
I fell in love with the kachina after reading this book! I also love the stories of the Indians more than ever. It's amazing how Nancy chase after the spirit of the kachina.
Ria Ali
i was really diappointed with this book.
i mean, a ghost???
that too nancy beleives in it and the author lets it stay real!!!
i thought nancy drew was only fiction.
Marcelle
really good.... really interesting. i will read it again maybe
StrangeBedfellows
One of the more interesting Nancy Drew stories, in my opinion.
Willow
Love this one I became obsessed with Kachina dolls for weeks!
Rachel
Very clearly remember this was the first I'd heard of kachina dolls.
Summer
Aug 06, 2008 Summer rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: 3rd-6th graders
This book has detail,mystery,adventure...and more!
Madison S.
Awesome! Great mysterious story behind the Kachina Doll!
Marts  (Thinker)
A mystery involving a collection of ancient Kachina dolls
Sahil (w7)
It was quite boring.
Sandra Hernandez
Best of the series so far
Cws
JMAR5-Kee
Niru Shankar
Niru Shankar is currently reading it
Aug 26, 2014
Thewalkinglexicon
Thewalkinglexicon marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Whitney Peterson
Whitney Peterson marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
Anelyn
Anelyn marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
Nicole
Nicole added it
Aug 17, 2014
Lynn M
Lynn M marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
  • The Clue of the Screeching Owl (Hardy Boys, #41)
  • The Mystery of Monster Mountain (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #20)
  • The Mystery at Mead's Mountain (Trixie Belden #22)
  • The Mystery of the Deadly Double (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #28)
  • The Demon of River Heights (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective Graphic Novels, #1)
  • The Mystery of the Nervous Lion (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #16)

Edna and Harriet Stratemeyer inherited the company from their father Edward Str...more
More about Carolyn Keene...
The Secret of the Old Clock (Nancy Drew, #1) The Hidden Staircase (Nancy Drew, #2) Nancy Drew: #1-64 The Bungalow Mystery (Nancy Drew, #3) The Mystery at Lilac Inn (Nancy Drew, #4)