Start by marking “Sullivan's Law (Carolyn Sullivan #1)” as Want to Read:
Sullivan's Law (Carolyn Sullivan #1)

Sullivan's Law (Carolyn Sullivan #1)

3.57 of 5 stars 3.57  ·  rating details  ·  435 ratings  ·  27 reviews
Monday mornings are hell.

That's what Carolyn Sullivan is thinking as she arrives at her office at the Ventura County Probation Department. One of her probationers has just been arrested for rape.

Just when Carolyn should be lying low, instead she's assigned a sensitive case that's sure to have everyone breathing down her neck - supervising convicted killer and paranoid schi
Audio, 0 pages
Published May 4th 2004 by Brilliance Audio (first published March 31st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Sullivan's Law, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sullivan's Law

Jill Manske
This has got to be one of the most poorly written books I've read in a long, long time. It's amateurish, both in the plot and the actual writing. The dialog is trite and, at times, doesn't seem to fit what we know about the characters. "Sullivan's Law" seems more like a class assignment from a Creative Writing 101 class. There just isn't much of anything to like about it - unrealistic characters, flimsy and poorly constructed plot, you name it. It's hard to believe based on this one that any of ...more
Jkwilson
Sullivan's Law by Nancy T Rosenberg grabs the readers interest immediately, and holds it to the end. Carolyn Sullivan is a parole officer with a heavy workload, and a knowledge of law that enables her to recognize when justice has not been served. She undertakes an unpopular and dangerous task of proving the innocence of one of her parolees, and risks death in doing so. The book on CD excellently narrated by Sandra Burr. I would recommend this book.
Kristen
In the first installment of the Carolyn Sullivan series by Nancy Taylor Rosenberg, Sullivan's Law, we were introduced to Carolyn Sullivan, a take-no-charge probation officer for the Ventura Police Department. She was also a single mother of two kids with a pile of work on her desk and a mountain of debt to go through. But her day had just gotten much more worse. One of her probationers was arrested for rape and made front-page news headlines, which landed back on her desk. Not only that, instead ...more
Barbara
Very suspenseful, gripping story. I was on the edge of my seat most of the way through. This is not an easy read. Carolyn Sullivan is for lack of a better term a probation officer. She is a single mother with two children, one 15, one 12 who is also going to school on the side to be a lawyer. Her clients, then, are not the kind of people most of us would want to have contact with. I am thankful that the author did not go into to too much detail regarding some of he crimes and atrocities committe ...more
Tory
Everything about this book was unbelievable. Except maybe for the criminals, and how very creepy some people can be. But that a good book does NOT make.

The main character was a single mother of two, the conversations were stilted and unnatural. She claimed over and over again about how her children were the most important thing to her, but she worked 12 hour days and expected the 15 year old to do everything in way of taking care of the 12 year old. Then when he said anything about it, like DUD
Marti
This story about a parole officer is nothing like I thought that job would be. Caroline Sullivan, a divorced mother of two, ends up having her life, and that of her son and daughter at risk of being killed more than once. She goes to a decreipt motel to meet with one of her clients who has just been released after years in prison, and they both almost get killed in an explosion. There is more than one culprit, and a very involved story behind why Daniel Metroix is a danger to the people remainin ...more
Elizabeth
This was a great crime novel that started out with a young boy falsely accused and sent to prison for a long time.The police and prison warden and multiple other people were involved in the crimes and there were many .From murders to kidnappings to theft of some ones work on some very expensive and needed develpments for use in the medical field .A good read.First time I have read this author.Will do so again.
Gail Stewart rumsey
This was the first book I read by this author. I enjoyed it although a few times I was very annoyed because smart, trained characters were missing some very obvious clues, etc. Actually, I listened to the audio version which was ok. Many of the voices sounded the same and an electronic device made several characters sound like robots. I will read an other book in this series.
Georgiacyn
Overall, an enjoyable read. Thick crime plot bringing together characters that are seemingly unconnected. The love interest, however, is poorly developed in that there is no development to really explain why the two characters would be drawn together, except for convenience...he ties together all the loose ends is a overly simplistic manner.
Eve
This is a somewhat disappointing novel. The pace is brisk and engaging, but several things were annoying: a few characters are not quite credible, a few events don't make sense (I did some eye rolling) and almost every character can be guilty, which I don't like. I have read and enjoyed other Rosenberg novels, but not this one.
Ashley Ludwig
Quickie Review:

I like Nancy Taylor Rosenberg. She's gritty, though, be warned. I like the way her characters think. I like the fanciful notions of her crime-solving character, Sullivan. Read it. I'd go with 3.5, but she's worth the extra half-star. More books in this series. Worth spending time with.
Karen Suglia
I enjoyed the suspense; there are some areas that don't ring true including her attraction to the professor. I thought she got inside the mind of the "creep element" very well and understand how off the deep end a person can go.

I would recommend.
BZimm
Started good, but is difficult to finish. The author makes a lot of assumptions of how the characters/plots are connected. Did not hold my interest & I was happy to be able to move on to something (hopefully) better.
Patti Hollingsworth
Couldn't put it down, interesting plot. Don't really think probation officers go to such lengths but it's fiction after all. A good read. Will read #2 in the series.
Manju
was not actually liked was is definitely better than ok - if some parts had been edited out (too ,much details and too much diversions) then would have been liked
Kelly
It was pretty good, but certainly not a book that was hard to put down. I thought I'd try another of Rosenberg's books. Perhaps this one is enough. No more.
Dawn
I've read her three Sullivan books in reverse order, but they still hold up. Just started this one yesterday. As good as the previous two.
Susan
I have read earlier books by Nancy Taylor Rosenberg but I found this book to be too graphic. I did not finish reading it.
Julie
So ill-writen, I stopped before the end. Inconsistent characters with inconsistent emotions. Blah.
Victoria
This is a good read and I enjoyed Carolyn Sullivan the main character in this book
Jessica Panzica
Great crime thriller. A little predictable but definitely still a good page-turner
Sheree
good book - a few parts were rated PG-13. :)
Linda
Too poorly written to complete.
Pat Monahan
I love this whole series.
Rochelle
Carolyn Sullivan #1
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2015
  • Lovers Premiere
  • Mail Order Cowboy (Brides of Simpson Creek, #1)
  • Things I Know About Love
  • Blackbird
  • When Breaks the Dawn (Canadian West #3)
  • Osprey Island
  • Suspicion of Innocence (Gail Connor and Anthony Quintana #1)
  • A Clean Kill (April Woo, #9)
  • Voices in the Dark (The Last Descendants, #2)
  • Lying With the Dead
  • Fur Magic (The Magic Series, #3)
  • Heat Wave
  • A Darker Justice (Mary Crow, #2)
  • Butterfly's Shadow
  • The Wealthy Greek's Contract Wife
  • Case of Lies (Nina Reilly #11)
  • Summer Breeze
  • Keeping the Feast: One Couple's Story of Love, Food, and Healing in Italy
With a BA in English and 5 years as a photographic model behind her, Nancy Taylor Rosenberg studied criminology. She served in the Dallas Police Department, New Mexico State Police, Ventura Police Department and as an Investigative Probation Officer in Court Services for the Country of Ventura where she handled major crimes. She lives in California.
More about Nancy Taylor Rosenberg...

Carolyn Sullivan (4 books)
  • Sullivan's Justice (Carolyn Sullivan, #2)
  • Sullivan's Evidence (Carolyn Sullivan, #3)
  • Revenge of Innocents (Carolyn Sullivan, #4)
Mitigating Circumstances (Lily Forrester, #1) Abuse Of Power First Offense Trial By Fire Buried Evidence (Lily Forrester, #2)