Start by marking “The Jungle Pyramid (Hardy Boys, #56)” as Want to Read:
The Jungle Pyramid (Hardy Boys, #56)

The Jungle Pyramid (The Hardy Boys #56)

3.69 of 5 stars 3.69  ·  rating details  ·  661 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Gold bullion - a million dollars worth - has been stolen from the Wakefield Mint under strange circumstances. Mr. Hardy is asked to investigate but before long his life is threatened, and he asks Frank and Joe to help him.

The boys fly to Zurich, Switzerland, hoping to get information at the Swiss Gold Syndicate and to find the man who has stolen a valuable ancient gold fig
Published October 1st 1977 by Grosset & Dunlap Inc (first published October 1st 1976)

To ask other readers questions about The Jungle Pyramid, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Jungle Pyramid

Jonathon Dabell
I read nearly all The Hardy Boys books when I was a kid, and recently I stumbled upon this title in a second hand bookstore. It was one of the few books from the series that had eluded me back in the day, so I bought it and read it. What you might call a nostalgic return to my youth.
The Jungle Pyramid is OK and I dare say that if I'd read it as a child, alongside all the other Hardy Boys titles, I'd have probably liked it more. As an adult, I find the plot coincidences and the lame dialogue much
Ashley Tetzlaff
Great little heart-pounder and page-turner... as always.

Frank and Joe assist their Dad in tracking down a gang of smugglers who have mysteriously accessed a million in gold from a very secure safe. The top guy can come as a surprise :)

Didn't care for the fortune-teller part or the idols. Or the hypnosis. Other than those 3 little things, the book was great!
Alicia
great stories
PWRL
Mar 12, 2015 PWRL marked it as to-read
Shelves: zzz2015-mar-new
SM
5pfeiffer_andrew
This is a mystery book about a stealing of a lot of gold so the Hardy Boy have to find the robber. The two boys travel all around to find him they went to Europe and Mexico City In mexico they find a huge pyramid and find someone there they follow him around it and then he was gone... Read the rest to find out. I recommend tis book to people who like mystery books because there is great excitement but I don't like mystery books to much so go read The Jungle Pyramid.
Hank Carpin
I think that the jungle pyramid is a great book. 1 because its inspiring too young readers like my self. I was really inspired by this book because I have always been wanting to be an investigator. So if anyone wants to be the same thing as me I suggest that you read this whole serious but pay the most attention to the 56 one because that may be the best one at least that's what I think
Daniel Rose
This book had the hardy's chasing gold thieves on a wild goose chase to Switzerland to Mexico to a lost Inca pyramid. The hardy's with the help of their dad solve the case right back at the begining.
Sam
I thought the book was good it had a lot of action and mystery at the start of the book i thought it was the best part because it started in a weird setting.
Jaime Contreras
I love the scenes in the Yucatan in this superior HBM book. Yes, the Mexico connection helped sell the book to me.
Benjamin Plume
I can't remember their one friend's name, but I always pictured him as Scot Baio.
Tyler
This is the book that got me excited about reading so long ago!
Marts  (Thinker)
Frank and Joe search for missing gold
Kolan
KM
KM added it
Apr 02, 2015
Thomas
Thomas marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2015
  • Buried in Time (Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys: Super Mystery, #7)
  • The Hardy Boys: Undercover Brothers, #2: Identity Theft
  • The Marshland Mystery (Trixie Belden, #10)
  • The Mystery of the Headless Horse (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #26)
  • The Mystery of the Vanishing Treasure (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #5)
  • The Secret of the Haunted Mirror (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #21)
Franklin W. Dixon is the pen name used by a variety of different authors (Leslie McFarlane, a Canadian author, being the first) who wrote The Hardy Boys novels for the Stratemeyer Syndicate (now owned by Simon & Schuster). This pseudonym was also used for the Ted Scott Flying Stories series.
More about Franklin W. Dixon...

The Hardy Boys (1 - 10 of 241 books)
  • The Tower Treasure (Hardy Boys, #1)
  • The House on the Cliff (Hardy Boys, #2)
  • The Secret of the Old Mill (Hardy Boys, #3)
  • The Missing Chums (Hardy Boys, #4)
  • Hunting for Hidden Gold (Hardy Boys, #5)
  • The Shore Road Mystery (Hardy Boys, #6)
  • The Secret of the Caves (Hardy Boys, #7)
  • The Mystery of Cabin Island (Hardy Boys, #8)
  • The Great Airport Mystery (Hardy Boys, #9)
  • What Happened at Midnight (Hardy Boys, #10)
The Tower Treasure (Hardy Boys, #1) The House on the Cliff (Hardy Boys, #2) The Secret of the Old Mill (Hardy Boys, #3) Hardy Boys Complete Series Set Books 1-66 (The Hardy Boys #1-66) The Missing Chums (Hardy Boys, #4)