Start by marking “The Jungle Pyramid (Hardy Boys, #56)” as Want to Read:
The Jungle Pyramid (Hardy Boys, #56)

The Jungle Pyramid (Hardy Boys #56)

Gold bullion - a million dollars worth - has been stolen from the Wakefield Mint under strange circumstances. Mr. Hardy is asked to investigate but before long his life is threatened, and he asks Frank and Joe to help him.

The boys fly to Zurich, Switzerland, hoping to get information at the Swiss Gold Syndicate and to find the man who has stolen a valuable ancient gold fig
Published October 1st 1977 by Grosset & Dunlap Inc (first published October 1st 1976)

To ask other readers questions about The Jungle Pyramid, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Jungle Pyramid

Jonathon Dabell
Aug 18, 2011 Jonathon Dabell rated it it was ok
I read nearly all The Hardy Boys books when I was a kid, and recently I stumbled upon this title in a second hand bookstore. It was one of the few books from the series that had eluded me back in the day, so I bought it and read it. What you might call a nostalgic return to my youth.
The Jungle Pyramid is OK and I dare say that if I'd read it as a child, alongside all the other Hardy Boys titles, I'd have probably liked it more. As an adult, I find the plot coincidences and the lame dialogue much
Frank
This is one of the later Hardy Boys stories that I had never read. I believe the last book I read as a kid was #43 "The Aztec Warrior" published in 1964 when I was 14. The subsequent books I purchased as an adult up to #58 but I hadn't read most of them.

Well, I thought the story was just okay. The pace was very frenetic with the boys traveling to Zurich and then to Mexico on some false leads while they were trying to solve the mystery of who stole some gold bars from the Wakefield mint (could t
5pfeiffer_andrew
Jan 16, 2013 5pfeiffer_andrew rated it it was ok
This is a mystery book about a stealing of a lot of gold so the Hardy Boy have to find the robber. The two boys travel all around to find him they went to Europe and Mexico City In mexico they find a huge pyramid and find someone there they follow him around it and then he was gone... Read the rest to find out. I recommend tis book to people who like mystery books because there is great excitement but I don't like mystery books to much so go read The Jungle Pyramid.
Hank Carpin
Oct 14, 2013 Hank Carpin rated it it was amazing
I think that the jungle pyramid is a great book. 1 because its inspiring too young readers like my self. I was really inspired by this book because I have always been wanting to be an investigator. So if anyone wants to be the same thing as me I suggest that you read this whole serious but pay the most attention to the 56 one because that may be the best one at least that's what I think
Ashley Tetzlaff
Feb 20, 2014 Ashley Tetzlaff rated it really liked it
Great little heart-pounder and page-turner... as always.

Frank and Joe assist their Dad in tracking down a gang of smugglers who have mysteriously accessed a million in gold from a very secure safe. The top guy can come as a surprise :)

Didn't care for the fortune-teller part or the idols. Or the hypnosis. Other than those 3 little things, the book was great!
Jaime Contreras
Mystery, intrigue, a double-cross and international travel are all included in this superior. I am a big Meso-American culture-phile so I appreciated the settings in the Yucatan. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book.
Daniel Rose
Jul 18, 2012 Daniel Rose rated it it was ok
Shelves: hardy-boys-old
This book had the hardy's chasing gold thieves on a wild goose chase to Switzerland to Mexico to a lost Inca pyramid. The hardy's with the help of their dad solve the case right back at the begining.
Sam
Nov 01, 2013 Sam rated it really liked it
Shelves: grade-9-term-1
I thought the book was good it had a lot of action and mystery at the start of the book i thought it was the best part because it started in a weird setting.
Lynette
Lynette rated it really liked it
Jun 05, 2012
Stormhunter
Stormhunter rated it really liked it
Aug 30, 2011
Sameer Majli
Sameer Majli rated it liked it
Aug 28, 2014
Ian Stubbs
Ian Stubbs rated it really liked it
Oct 11, 2016
Jeff
Jeff rated it really liked it
Jun 09, 2012
Lolamanda Zhangief
Lolamanda Zhangief rated it it was ok
Nov 21, 2014
Jeff Henderson
Jeff Henderson rated it really liked it
Dec 29, 2016
Ashley Neace
Ashley Neace rated it it was amazing
Sep 01, 2012
Aubrey
Aubrey rated it really liked it
Aug 14, 2013
Wade Young
Wade Young rated it liked it
Aug 28, 2016
Salvatore Rizzo
Salvatore Rizzo rated it liked it
Aug 05, 2015
Paul
Paul rated it liked it
Jul 09, 2010
Adam
Adam rated it it was amazing
Apr 03, 2015
Kristian
Kristian rated it really liked it
Oct 11, 2012
Kelsey
Kelsey rated it liked it
Nov 15, 2014
Annika
Annika rated it it was amazing
Feb 06, 2011
Steve Schlutow
Steve Schlutow rated it liked it
Nov 23, 2011
Firebreathingferret
Firebreathingferret rated it liked it
Jul 05, 2009
Stephen Carella
Stephen Carella rated it liked it
Jan 05, 2016
Ronnie Richardson
Ronnie Richardson rated it it was amazing
Mar 15, 2015
Klara Simonardottir
Klara Simonardottir rated it liked it
Aug 01, 2013
Nathan Lawless
Nathan Lawless rated it really liked it
Oct 28, 2015
  • Buried in Time (Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys: Super Mystery #7)
  • The Hardy Boys: Undercover Brothers, #1: The Ocean of Osyria
  • The Mystery of the Vanishing Treasure (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #5)
  • The Secret of the Haunted Mirror (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #21)
  • Mandie and the Foreign Spies (Mandie, 15)
  • The Mystery of the Headless Horse (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #26)
Franklin W. Dixon is the pen name used by a variety of different authors (Leslie McFarlane, a Canadian author, being the first) who wrote The Hardy Boys novels for the Stratemeyer Syndicate (now owned by Simon & Schuster). This pseudonym was also used for the Ted Scott Flying Stories series.
More about Franklin W. Dixon...

Hardy Boys (1 - 10 of 190 books)
  • The Tower Treasure (Hardy Boys, #1)
  • The House on the Cliff (Hardy Boys, #2)
  • The Secret of the Old Mill (Hardy Boys, #3)
  • The Missing Chums (Hardy Boys, #4)
  • Hunting for Hidden Gold (Hardy Boys, #5)
  • The Shore Road Mystery (Hardy Boys, #6)
  • The Secret of the Caves (Hardy Boys, #7)
  • The Mystery of Cabin Island (Hardy Boys, #8)
  • The Great Airport Mystery (Hardy Boys, #9)
  • What Happened at Midnight (Hardy Boys, #10)