Start by marking “Teachings of the Presidents of the Church: Heber J. Grant” as Want to Read:
Teachings of the Presidents of the Church: Heber J. Grant

Teachings of the Presidents of the Church: Heber J. Grant (Teachings of Presidents of the Church)

The fifth in a series of books of the teachings of the latter-day Presidents of the Church. The book will be used for personal study and during the second and third Sundays in Melchizedek Priesthood and Relief Society instruction in 2004.
paperback, 228 pages
Published 2002 by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

To ask other readers questions about Teachings of the Presidents of the Church, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Teachings of the Presidents of the Church

Daniel Clark
Jul 22, 2015 Daniel Clark rated it it was amazing
These books are a series, which are published to be used in Sunday School in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It's pretty cool that we kind of sum up the words of these prophets into these manuals. Pres. Grant was prophet between WWI and WWII. He knew that a lot of people don't accept Christ as a literal God and Son of God, but he said that "others with clearer insight, begotten by experience, behold Him as the originator of a system that promotes industry, honesty, truth, purity ...more
Brian
Jan 28, 2017 Brian rated it it was amazing
If there was one word to describe President Grant, it would be "persistence". He effort to become a local pitching sensation, a celebrated 'scribbler', a respectable singer, and an honored businessman all attest to his strength of character and not to some in-born talent. Reading of his life and teachings have strengthened my resolve to work harder and longer towards my worthy goals.

Dad
Oct 26, 2014 Dad rated it really liked it
Shelves: lds
This served as a good manual to study for priesthood. Heber J. Grant was the president of the Church when my Mom was growing up. He died in 1945. He was president during the Great Depression.
I read every lesson in an attempt to gain as much knowledge from this program as possible.
Sue Wilkey
Jan 12, 2017 Sue Wilkey rated it it was amazing
I really read the one on Gordon B. Hinckley but could not figure out how to add it to Goodreads. There is no one like President Hinckley! Chapters on Learning, Atonement, and Reaching out to others were my favorites.
Elaine
May 06, 2015 Elaine rated it it was amazing
Kudos to the editors of this book because the chapters flow so well with the talks from which the quotes are derived. I enjoyed the personal stories that President Grant related.
LaSchelle
Mar 14, 2008 LaSchelle marked it as to-read
Shelves: church-religion
I was in YW the year they studied this book.
Jen
Sep 01, 2011 Jen rated it it was amazing
The first Teachings of the Presidents manual I had as a new member. Awwww.
Heidi-Marie
I actually need to read the last few chapters. I was called into YW at that time and didn't have the opportunity to participate in those lessons. And I think everyone could benefit from Chapter 18.
Marilyn
Apr 29, 2010 Marilyn rated it it was amazing
Loved it!
Verona
May 26, 2015 Verona rated it it was amazing
This is another great book in a series of biographies of the presidents of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I learned a lot about President Heber J. Grant.
Roseanne
Sep 24, 2008 Roseanne rated it it was amazing
One of my all time favorite prophets.
Greg
Greg rated it it was amazing
Nov 01, 2012
Mack
Mack rated it it was amazing
Nov 29, 2011
Bree Ammons
Bree Ammons rated it liked it
Aug 22, 2012
Chad
Chad rated it really liked it
Aug 29, 2008
Mark
Mark rated it really liked it
Nov 17, 2008
James
James rated it it was amazing
May 21, 2008
Cindy
Cindy rated it it was amazing
Jun 04, 2008
Carrie
Carrie rated it it was amazing
Apr 27, 2017
Julie
Julie rated it really liked it
Jan 31, 2014
Brandon
Brandon rated it liked it
Feb 20, 2009
Jennifer rated it really liked it
Jul 08, 2008
Kerry Potts
Kerry Potts rated it it was amazing
Jun 02, 2015
Laurel
Laurel rated it liked it
Oct 12, 2008
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it really liked it
Mar 11, 2009
Galvin
Galvin rated it really liked it
Dec 24, 2014
Brittney
Brittney rated it it was amazing
Jul 21, 2014
Roberto
Roberto rated it it was amazing
Jan 14, 2015
Camille
Camille rated it really liked it
Sep 02, 2014
Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Feb 04, 2009
  • Discourses of President Gordon B. Hinckley, Vol. 1: 1995-1999
  • The House of the Lord: A Study of Holy Sanctuaries Ancient and Modern
  • Millennial Messiah: The Second Coming of the Son of Man
  • Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith
  • Discourses of Brigham Young: Second President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
  • Gospel Doctrine: Sermons and Writings of President Joseph F. Smith (Classics in Mormon Literature)
  • Howard W. Hunter
  • Meek and Lowly
  • Our Latter-Day Hymns: The Stories and the Messages
  • Teach Ye Diligently
  • Faith Precedes the Miracle
  • Between Husband & Wife
  • A Witness and a Warning: A Modern-Day Prophet Testifies of the Book of Mormon

Teachings of Presidents of the Church (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Joseph Smith
  • Teachings of Presidents of the Church: George Albert Smith
  • Teachings of Presidents of the Church: David O. McKay
  • Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Joseph Fielding Smith
  • Teachings of Presidents of the Church:  Harold B. Lee

“We sing and have done so constantly, "We thank Thee, O God, for a Prophet to guide us in these latter days." [Hymns, no. 19.]

There are a great many who . . . put a postscript to that and say: "Provided he guides us to suit our own fancies and our own whims."

The prophets of God, from Joseph Smith to the present day, have guided us and they have guided us aright, when we have listened to that guidance. The mistakes which have been made have been because of our failure to listen to the prophet whose right it is to guide the people of God. . . .

I know that the path of safety for the Latter-day Saints is not only to sing, "We thank Thee, O God, for a Prophet, to guide us in these latter days," but to be ready and willing and anxious to be guided.”
1 likes