Why I Believe

Why I Believe

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  57 ratings  ·  10 reviews
In this powerful inspirational book, Steve Young, Gladys Knight, Jane Clayson, Stephen R. Covey, Bill Marriott, Richard Eyre, and Richard Paul Evans join with other prominent Latter day Saints, to share with the world a brief look at why they believe. The paths to testimony have been as diverse as the life experiences of these sports, business, professional, religious, and...more
359 pages
Published November 1st 2001 by Deseret Book

Natalie
This is a collection of testimonies of God and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints by various well-known members such as Gladys Knight, Mitt Romney, Danny Ainge, Steve Young, etc. and includes short biographies of the writers. It was interesting to see the church through different perspectives. Of all of the writings, my favorite was from Kieth Merrill who produced the movie Legacy. At one point he says, "I believe because I refuse to trust in the finite minds of men." A line that I...more
I love reading about different "conversion stories" into the LDS church. This articulated and reminded me of many of the reasons I love being a member of the church. Everyone's experience is quite different. It was uplifting light reading for me while I worked out on the treadmill or eliptical machine each morning : )!
Jane
Nice collection of conversion stories especially for LDS memebers.
Some stories very heart felt.
Others sounded like a "press" release but if you wonder what draws or keeps people in a particular faith this is a good book.
Lisa
While it is interesting to learn different individual's responses to the title statement, the greastest effect on me was to cause me to give my own response of why I believe and a reaffirmation of my own testimony.
Sandra Strange
Great reading for those who believe, or would like to believe, this book includes accounts by all kinds of LDS people, coaches, beauty pageant winners, authors, business figures, politicians.
Amy Hardison
This is a delightful, enjoyable, inspiring read. This is a compilation of high-profile Latter-day Saints and why the believe. I really enjoyed it.
Joan
Jul 03, 2009 Joan added it
Recognized the title, and sure enough it was in among my books... read so many years ago. Now need to put it out to read again.
Connie
Some wonderful testimonies and experiences of more well knon members of the church.
John
An eclectic look at who believes what, along with their reasons for doing so.
Melissa
Loved hearing why other prominent LDS believe the way they do.
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
Paul
Paul added it
Jun 04, 2014
Lindsay Walker
Lindsay Walker marked it as to-read
May 12, 2014
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
May 12, 2014
Carlene Lundy
Carlene Lundy marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2014
Seth Morin
Seth Morin marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2014
Grok Testuser
Grok Testuser is currently reading it
Dec 11, 2013
Robert Freeze
Robert Freeze marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2013
Sarah marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2013
Matt Mcconkey
Matt Mcconkey marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2014
Kyle
Kyle marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2013
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
May 29, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Raising A G-Rated Family in an X-Rated World: A Survival Guide from a Family of Nine [With Free Hug Card]