Start by marking “The Sign of the Crooked Arrow (Hardy Boys, #28)” as Want to Read:
The Sign of the Crooked Arrow (Hardy Boys, #28)

The Sign of the Crooked Arrow (The Hardy Boys #28)

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  1,028 ratings  ·  23 reviews
With only the slender clue of an arrow-shaped tie clasp, Frank and Joe Hardy pick up the trail of a cunning gang of thieves responsible for a wave of jewelry-store holdups.
Published October 1st 1992 by Armada (first published 1949)

To ask other readers questions about The Sign of the Crooked Arrow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sign of the Crooked Arrow

John Yelverton
Yet another fun addition to the Hardy Boys mystery book series.
Sam
The story had some exciting plot twists, nothing too major or over the top, but things that kept it interesting. The author used some impressive foreshadowing that you wouldn't have expected, and things you learned about at the start of the book came back towards the end in a totally different fashion.

This was much more on an entertaining read than I was planning, there was alot going on, but never too much to comprehend at once. It wasn't as easy of a read as I would've thought, there were some
Deborah
Abby says: This book was very adventurous, interesting and exciting. The crooked arrow was one of my favourite Hardy Boys books so far!
I purchased The Sign of the Crooked Arrow without realizing that it was a part of the Hardy Boys series. (No, guys, it did not say 'THE HARDY BOYS' on the front cover - my copy has a different cover. [:) I was a little disappointed when I discovered the fact, but decided that I would buckle down and read it instead. I was surprised by how pleasant it actually was.

The Story.

A car has been left at Slo Mo’s garage for two months. No one has called to claim it. But someone has tried to steal it. A t
Grampy
It's probably been close to 50 years since I read this, so I can't recall any details or give a pertinent review. However, I CAN say this much: if not for the Hardy Boys series by the esteemed Franklin W. Dixon, I might not be an avid reader today. The life-threatening dilemmas in which Frank and Joe always managed to find themselves, and which they always survived AND got the bad guys arrested, were absolutely captivating to my young imagination. While reading these stories, I WAS the Hardy Boy ...more
Jack Tracy
This was a classic hardy boys mystery. It had a great ending that anyone would love. When frank and Joe get a tip that there cousin, Ruth Hardy has been having some trouble on her ranch in Arizona the boys grab their good friend Chet and hurry out to her ranch to see what is going on.
Catherine Woodman
The classic boy detectives by Frank Dixon--I read ALL of them in my younger years, one I ran out of Nancy Drew books. The Hardy Boys are brother amateur detectives, aspiring to follow in their famous father's footsteps.
The two boys live in the fictional city of Bayport (on Barmet Bay) with their famous father, Fenton Hardy, a private detective formerly with the New York Police Department, their mother Laura Hardy (erroneously called Mildred in The Flying Express), and their Aunt Gertrude, a char
Jo
great mystery.. I couldn't put it down
Lori Anderson
I wasn't even going to bother to give this stars since I dislike these books, but Zack wanted me to read it to him. I was enthralled with Nancy Drew at his age, but it's all so trite now.
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
I think the Hardy Boy books helped me with learning deductive and inductive skills. I had to work through logic. Who knew? I enjoyed all these books.
Joy
I read these books as well as the Nancy Drew mysteries as a child, so it is always fun for a visit with "old friends"...
Ron
Excellent series for young readers - highly recommended.
I read these books when I was 10 - 15 years of age.
Jim Sampson
Another enjoyable read in this hardy boys series. Action packed and full of intrigue.
Veronica
The book was okay,but I wish they were longer and have a more difficult mystery to solve.
Benjamin Plume
A Western and a Mystery rolled into one with the Hardy Boys. Wonderful!
Valkyrie Oracle
My book has the same cover as shown in this listing but was published in 1976.
Marts  (Thinker)
The Hardy Boys go to a cattle ranch in New Mexico
Ashley Tetzlaff
Great page-turning, action-packed adventure!
Sticks
They are good at solving mysteries.
Kelly
Great family read aloud.
Fernando Osorio
i think it was a good book.
Kolan
Dixon, Franklin W.
Hollyken3 .
Hollyken3 . is currently reading it
May 23, 2015
  • The Secret of Phantom Lake (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #19)
  • The Mystery of the Flaming Footprints (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #15)
  • The Call of the Wild
  • The Ringmaster's Secret (Nancy Drew, #31)
  • The Phantom of the Opera
  • The Mystery of the Kidnapped Whale (The Three Investigators, #35)
  • The Mystery of the Coughing Dragon (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators #14)
  • Asterix Versus Caesar
  • The Mystery of the Silver Spider (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #8)
Franklin W. Dixon is the pen name used by a variety of different authors (Leslie McFarlane, a Canadian author, being the first) who wrote The Hardy Boys novels for the Stratemeyer Syndicate (now owned by Simon & Schuster). This pseudonym was also used for the Ted Scott Flying Stories series.
More about Franklin W. Dixon...

The Hardy Boys (1 - 10 of 241 books)
  • The Tower Treasure (Hardy Boys, #1)
  • The House on the Cliff (Hardy Boys, #2)
  • The Secret of the Old Mill (Hardy Boys, #3)
  • The Missing Chums (Hardy Boys, #4)
  • Hunting for Hidden Gold (Hardy Boys, #5)
  • The Shore Road Mystery (Hardy Boys, #6)
  • The Secret of the Caves (Hardy Boys, #7)
  • The Mystery of Cabin Island (Hardy Boys, #8)
  • The Great Airport Mystery (Hardy Boys, #9)
  • What Happened at Midnight (Hardy Boys, #10)
The Tower Treasure (Hardy Boys, #1) The House on the Cliff (Hardy Boys, #2) The Secret of the Old Mill (Hardy Boys, #3) Hardy Boys Complete Series Set Books 1-66 (The Hardy Boys #1-66) The Missing Chums (Hardy Boys, #4)