Start by marking “Who I Am With You (My Kind of Country, #1)” as Want to Read:
Who I Am With You (My Kind of Country, #1)

Who I Am With You (My Kind Of Country #1)

People only reveal what they want you to see…

Chad Kirkwood has a secret. One he’s determined to keep buried until he’s ready to divulge it. So when he shows up on Katie’s doorstep in answer to a job posting, he stretches the truth and tells her only what she needs to know.

Katie Wicken is broken. Left to pick up the pieces of a called-off engagement and a failing farm after
Published February 19th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Who I Am With You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Who I Am With You

Amanda Lance
Feb 19, 2016 Amanda Lance rated it it was amazing
I had the privilege of reading this book prior to its release, and I cannot emphasis enough how much I enjoyed it! In addition to being well-written, this author has a real knack for creating realistic characters that are easy to relate to. Additionally, the secondary characters were also interesting, and I found myself thinking about them long after I finished the book. Overall, I highly recommend this one for any reader interested in western-themed or "second-chance" romances. I know I definit ...more
Itsy Bitsy Book Bits
Who I Am With You by M. Lynn Cunning was a great story. It a story about two broken hearts finding each other at the right time. Chad Kirkwood comes from a broken relationship and sees Katie’s job posting for help at her father’s farm one day. He decides to take a chance on it and thinks it might be just the perfect distraction. He tells Katie only what he thinks she needs to know about his life. He keeps the bigger, more complicated things a secret from her. Katie is left broken after her engag ...more
Tina Lynne
Mar 14, 2016 Tina Lynne rated it really liked it
Who I Am With You is a sweet story of loss and second chances. I was flying through this book the other night and when I got to the end, I was shocked. First off, I did not pay attention to the fact that it was part of a series. The ending was abrupt and I had not been paying attention to how much was left in the story. I was surprise at the ending, but I am glad to know that there is more coming.

This book is a recipe for what you expect in a contemporary romance story. There are two people who
Jennifer LaFon - Book Bitches Blog
*Review copy received from the author for an honest review*

3.5 “They needed each other.” stars

I finished reading this story and then immediately went to Goodreads to make sure there was more to come. Who I Am With You ends with a WTF scene!! No HEA here, readers!! But, I am optimistic that the author will eventually reward us with one ;) Katie and Chad’s HEA hangs right in front of you throughout the whole book, and then the ending happens!!!

“Never did he think he would become a grown man capabl
Alicia at Mean Girls Luv Books
2.5 Stars
Who I am With You is a story about getting a second chance at love. Chad and Katie have both been hurt. Chad's wife left him for another man, and Katie's fiance left her (and their son) after her father died. The book starts out with an emotional punch with Chad's wife leaving him. It pulled me in, but somehow, somewhere along the way I lost touch with the characters and I just couldn't feel the book anymore.
Katie is still grieving her father, who died of brain cancer. As a former nurse
Mar 10, 2016 Cheryl rated it really liked it
Review of Who I Am With You (My Kind of Country) by M. Lynne Cunning

Review done for Hooked on Books

4 out of 5 stars

Chad Kirkwood thought he had everything in life he could have ever wanted: successful career and the love of a good woman. That was until the good woman decided to leave him for another man.

Wanting a break from the music business, Chad heads to the country to work on a farm. He doesn’t want anyone to know who he is so he can lead a normal life.

Katie Wicken is struggling to keep aflo
Mar 18, 2016 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Here's why I love this book: It's totally relatable. It's a real-life situation, even though it's a work of fiction. Katie and Chad are characters that could be you or someone you know.

If you're looking for a hearts and flowers, sappy read as a means of escapism, this might not be the book for you. But if you want a honest to goodness, true-life work of art, I highly suggest reading Who I Am With You.

Chad and Katie are two very lost souls dealing with their own tragedies. They are both trying to
Hooked On Books
Mar 25, 2016 Hooked On Books rated it really liked it
4 out of 5 stars

Katie Wicken is struggling to keep afloat. Her father has passed away leaving her his old, run down farm. It is too much for her to handle
Donna Porter
Feb 13, 2016 Donna Porter rated it it was amazing
Katie Wicken is a very sad woman. Not only has she lost her fiance after six years, she had moved home to take care of her sick father and he had recently died. Now she is moving into their small farm to try to keep it up. With the cattle, horses, chickens, and gardens to take care of plus Mason her six year old son, she is overwhelmed. She posts an ad in town for help thinking she will get school kids. What she gets is Chad Kirkwood, a nice looking thirty year old looking for a job. Even though ...more
Allison East
Mar 17, 2016 Allison East rated it really liked it
My 4 star review of Who I am With You
I really enjoyed this story from Ms. Cunning, and would love to read more from her. I enjoyed Chad and Katie’s story and I am sure you will too.
Chad is the hero in this book, and he has a secret- one that he is so good at keeping hidden. He only lets people in so far, and tells them just enough to keep them at an arm’s length. He shows up to Katie’s door step to answer a simple help wanted ad, telling her the bare minimum to keep her away from him at all cos
Feb 22, 2016 Tina rated it really liked it
A great story with a sweet group of characters. Both Katie and Chad are out relationships that ended badly. They find a bond through that fact.

Katie's fiance left her and their little boy after Katie moved into the farm her father left her when he dies. Jay was not up for that life and decided it was time to move on.

Chad's wife Liz left him after 10 years together.. for another man. Chad is a country singer that just doesn't want to conform to the standards of current t country music this day.
Melissa Cunning
Jun 09, 2016 Melissa Cunning rated it really liked it
I would actually give this book a 4.5 stars. I'm not usually a fan of romance stories but living the life of a country song.. This book just made me happily content with the thought. It was beautifully written. Once again I'm captivated by the clarity of the characterization. It's like I literally see the people in my minds. The small but tough form of Katie has she attempts to shoulder the world on on her own. The self absorbed nature of Jay as he takes but gives nothing in return. The gentlema ...more
Tammy Cole
Mar 02, 2016 Tammy Cole rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

This is the first book that I have read by this author and I did enjoy the story. Chad is a country singer who is getting divorced from his wife and this isn't his choice. He decides to leave the states and travels to Canada. There he answers an ad for help on a farm and meets Katie. Katie is a single mother of a little boy and has just lost her father. She is feeling over whelmed and stressed and is thankful to have Chad working on her farm. The attraction between these two was strong.
Trina Loucks
Jul 09, 2016 Trina Loucks rated it liked it
This was an enjoyable read, however, it didn't draw me in to the point where I craved picking it back up whenever I had a spare moment. (you know the read them while brushing your teeth or rush though your evening routine so you can get to bed earlier, just to crack the book open!) I had a hard time relating to Katie's character, and Chad wasn't very appealing to me as a leading man. The romance factor was lukewarm at best. The most believable, well formed character was Katie's son, ...more
Tracy Camden
Dec 06, 2015 Tracy Camden rated it it was amazing
I was given the opportunity to read an advance copy of Who I Am With You, and it was great! The characters, Chad and Katie, are such sweet characters, so of course, I was rooting for them. As with any good story there was conflict and struggles for the main characters, as well as the mean characters that we all dislike. Also thrown in was a little twist that made me stop reading and think, "Wow, I didn't see that coming!" I quickly read the whole story because I couldn't put it down! I want to r ...more
Jun 26, 2016 Nancy rated it really liked it
Normally, I shy away from romance novels with a "country" theme, but this novel was a great, easy summer read that I quite enjoyed. I was not too fussy over Katie, the heroine in this story as I found her to be a somewhat weak character, but although we learn why this is, I am hoping that in the second installment she finally gets the love and happiness she deserves. I instantly liked Chad, the hero of this non typical story and found myself wishing for a different ending for him and Katie, whic ...more
Tracey Ray
Jan 11, 2016 Tracey Ray rated it it was amazing
Chad and Katie will steal your heart and rooting for them is easy. Cunning will transport you right into their lives. Their struggles will be become yours. It is so easy to put yourself in their shoes and understand the decisions they are making; whether you like it or not. This is a story of the difficult decisions we make concerning love, family, heartbreak, and rebirth. You will be left wanting more as this story is far from over. Don't miss this one.
Rita Wright
Nov 24, 2015 Rita Wright rated it it was amazing
I was so fortunate to read an advanced copy of Who i am with You. WOW,
M.Lynne Cunning has wrote an Amazing book again. The characters Chad and Katie are likable and believable. The only down side of this book is waiting to see what happens in book 2. Its a book that i could not put down. You will not be disappointed to pick it up.
Kim Bell
Jun 15, 2016 Kim Bell rated it it was amazing
I can picky about my books as I am an avid reader but when I seen another book by this author...I knew I had to read it!! I was not disappointed at all. I sat and read it in almost one sitting and again left me wanting more. I can barely contain my excitement for the second book to see what happens! Thank you again for a great read and looking forward to the next one is this series!
Jun 08, 2016 Jacki rated it it was amazing
You have a heartfelt yet distinctive way of writing that the characters and storyline comes alive as you read I rank you up there with Diana Gabaldon (Outlander fame) and Mary McDonough (Waltons TV show fame)
Jun 23, 2016 Pat rated it liked it
This was an easy read. A romance novel with a surprise ending. I enjoyed the characters as they were realistic and well developed with lots of detail for interest, as was the setting. This would be a great book for vacation or beach reading. I look forward to her next book in this series.
Hally Willmott
Nov 25, 2015 Hally Willmott rated it it was amazing
Another amazing book by the awesome writer! The story line is great and left me wanting to read more ! I can't wait for the second book!,
Northern Girls Book Blog
Jun 05, 2016 Northern Girls Book Blog rated it it was amazing
Real and relatable story with a cliffhanger, but it's only book #1 in the series so we'll impatiently anticipate book #2 (which is supposed to be coming soon!). Highly recommended for romance fans!
Cathie Botelho
Jun 07, 2016 Cathie Botelho rated it it was amazing
Who I Am With You is a terrific read, with relatable and charismatic characters. I enjoyed this book, and look forward to reading future books by M. Lynne Cunning.
Mar 12, 2016 Yvonne rated it it was amazing
Fantastic! I could not put this book down. I love M. Lynne Cunning's writing style. Can't wait for the next one.
Rowan Edgar
Jun 05, 2016 Rowan Edgar rated it it was amazing
Great start to a romance story. Can't wait for the next book in the series! Love me some Chad Kirkwood!
Belinda rated it liked it
Feb 24, 2016
Holly Morris
Holly Morris rated it it was amazing
Feb 29, 2016
Em rated it liked it
Aug 21, 2016
Patti rated it it was amazing
Mar 09, 2016
M. Lynne Cunning has always wanted to be an author, but it wasn’t until she discovered National Novel Writing Month and all the insanity that goes along with it that she began to truly realize her love for writing stories. While she doesn’t limit herself to writing only specific genres, her first two published novels, Until I'm Found and Blurred Lines, are considered Romantic Suspense. Her new boo ...more
More about M. Lynne Cunning...

My Kind Of Country (2 books)
  • What We've Become (My Kind Of Country, #2)