Start by marking “Sleepless (Bird of Stone, #1)” as Want to Read:
Sleepless (Bird of Stone, #1)

Read Excerpt* *Different edition

Sleepless (Bird of Stone #1)

My name is Alex Mills and I have a superpower.

Don't be jealous, it sucks. I can't control it. My mind is a mutinous SOB that takes over when I go to sleep. I'm just a girl trying to get some shut eye while it decides to throw a rager that can land me just about anywhere in the world.

The base of the Eiffel Tower.
The shore on the coast of Ireland.
The third baseline at Wrigle
ebook
Published (first published August 12th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Sleepless, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sleepless

Jacquie Bolton
Sep 29, 2013 Jacquie Bolton rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-reviews, arcs

Sleepless
(Bird of Stone #1)
Tracey
Ward
4.0/5.0

Alex has a superpower, but not the kind you'd be excited to have. She
can't control hers and it lands her all over the world
unpredicatably. She falls asleep in her bedroom wakes up in Paris,
Ireland, Wrigley Field, or whatever other desitantion her power
chooses at the moment. However, it's not all bad. Her power is how
she meets Nick.

Nick has a power too. He can't feel fear. It's great for his military
career... sucks for his social skills.

Their relati
Sandra

Pe... pe...pero ¿Y ESE FINAL?

Oh Dios mío, necesito el segundo yaaaaaaa.

Esperaba que este libro me gustase, pero ¿tanto? Para nada. Los personajes me han encantado, tanto Alex como Nick. Y la pareja que hacen Diossssssssssssss. Lo mejor de todo que su amor no es instantáneo, ni se dicen te quiero a los dos días de conocerse o tienen "sentimientos que no sé explicar" o cosas así. Sino que la relación se da en un año. UN AÑO. LENTAMENTE. POR FAVOR, SÍ.

Y Nick, juro que este hombre es aslkfhadihgi
Mei
A huge thank you to author Tracey Ward for providing an e-copy of her book in exchange for an honest review.

Sleepless took me by surprise. I'm not really sure what's going to happen based from the synopsis and it got me confused when I began. It was a mix of contemporary, sci-fi and paranormal romance. It's not in a bad way though, just a curious-I-want-to-catch-up-and-understand-everything way. I haven't read anything by the author, but this book's writing was engaging and nicely-written.

Alex M
Lorelle
Oct 19, 2014 Lorelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I would love to be able to write with this tone. So restrained but so intense at the same time. Have to admire an author who can make me actually enjoy the romance over the paranormal...
Dianne
Feb 16, 2014 Dianne rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
*Also posted at Oops! I Read A Book Again*

Thank you to Chyna of Lite-Rate-Ture Book Tours and to Tracey Ward for the review copy. This in no way affected my views of the novel.

From the get-go, the unique premise and characters and the engaging writing grabbed me. I immediately felt that I was reading something great, probably a four-star read. We have our heroine Alex who ends up in places when she sleeps. Random forests or in Russia or anywhere. Then we have Nick, training to be a PJ in the Air
Jan 27, 2016 Laura rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

For the most part I enjoyed this book. During the first 80% or so I could hardly put it down which was surprising because it really wasn't all that action packed.

This story had a strangely calming effect on me. Although it's labeled as a paranormal romance, the focus was actually more about the romance than the paranormal, despite the fact that the two main characters, Nick and Alex were only connecting with one another because of it.

I liked the way the romance was developed extremely
Emmy
**3.5**

I came across this as a kindle freebie and was like 'what the hell, why not? And what a pleasant surprise. The plot felt fresh and original and I enjoyed it for the most part.

I laughed, I cried - and I mean actual tears ran down my face. Let me repeat, tears ran down my face! My contacts almost fell out. This. never. happens. to me. Sure my eyes may water up sometimes, but it is rare that the tears actually fall!

The banter between many of the characters was witty and felt genuine. And it
Mandiann
Dec 31, 2013 Mandiann rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It is full of romance, surprise and mystery.

I have to admit that I was a bit confused at first about slipping. By the end of the book I felt I understood it much better.

I loved the cast of characters and the romance between Nick and Alex.

I wish the book contained more mundane details about Alex's life. I loved the fact that we got a nice glimpse into Nick's life and felt that it was lacking with
Trisha
Dec 23, 2013 Trisha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So, first thing - the covers. There are two of them.

I understand the first one - the dock and the moon - and I love what it means to the story. But the one of the girl and boy kissing - that one is gorgeous. It made me want to read it and understand. And I think it is just as perfect to the story.

And what a story it is. This book has some of the funniest and real dialogue I've ever read. It was witty and sarcastic and the "male perspective" was, I thought, very true.

At first, I was confused abo
Larissa :)
Oct 03, 2015 Larissa :) rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Maybe even 4.5 actually. Really cooooool.
Ornella (Nyx)
4.5 Stars

Loooved it! :) Review to come.
Nicole Hewitt
This review and many others can be found on my blog - Feed Your Fiction Addiction

Sleepless was such an incredibly enjoyable book! I was completely swept away by the romance between Alex and Nick and I thought that the concept for the story was really fresh and unique!

The story follows 20-year-old Alex. Alex has a problem. She "Slips" in her sleep. She often falls asleep, safe in her bed, and wakes up somewhere else - it could be anywhere. While she's learned coping mechanisms, Slipping is far fr
Saoirse
May 07, 2014 Saoirse rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I recieved this book from an author in exchange for honest review.

Frankly, I didn't know what to expect from R4R book. Would it be significantly worse than any other book I've read? I know, how stupid of me to think that. Although if you really want to know, I am stupid, in the social sphere. I maybe that's why am I able to connect with Nick so much. Back to the point though; after few pages I realised how naive I was, how dumb. This book was interesting from the very beginning due to straightf
Sol Belenda
Aug 29, 2015 Sol Belenda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cuando leí la sinopsis no terminaba de entender de que iba la historia......cuando lo leí tampoco jajaj XD.

Tenemos a los protagonistas Alex y Nick, no se conocen, viven en distintos lugares, cada uno con sus cosas....pero de alguna manera están conectados.

Alex es una chica normal o eso parece a simple vista......hasta que uno se entera que tiene una especie de poder que le permite "teletransportarse" de un lugar a otro mientras duerme. Ello ha sido así desde que Alex era sólo una niña pequeña.
Shelley
May 06, 2014 Shelley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book took me by surprise. I am not a big fan of supernatural or paranormal books. I have read and enjoyed a few, but they’re not generally my “go-to” genres. I wanted to give this book a try and I am so glad that I did! Well, as it turns out…I do like supernatural books!

This book was not an over-the-top supernatural book. Oh, the characters did possess a special kind of ability or power, but it was nothing that made me huff or roll my eyes. It is essentially a love story between two people
Carrie
Copy given for honest review.
Warning: Proceed with caution the following review contains traces of spoilers.

When I first opened up this book I really had no idea what I was getting myself into. I knew we had this girl, Alex by the way. I knew she was going to be special. What I never knew was that when she closed her eyes to go to sleep that the chances of her waking up somewhere else other then her own bed was the norm for her.

Alex calls them slipping, she travels in her dreams. She has no c
Katie O'Sullivan
Jan 30, 2014 Katie O'Sullivan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: new-adult
In short, I loved this book. Ms. Ward took a fairly unique concept and blended it together with a little of this and a little of that to create a New Adult paranormal romance that kept me spellbound within its pages.

We meet each of the characters in quick succession, but spend most of the book with no idea of the root connection between them. When they start meeting up in the dreamscape, Nick doesn’t even believe Alex is real.

In terms of paranormal, there are no “creatures” – no vampires or ang
Leylan
Apr 01, 2014 Leylan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just finished reading Sleepless by Tracey Ward and wished the second book was out already. I could not put it down. I love how the action flowed from a series of nightmares and Slipping episodes to full action with some form of military involved.
I digress. I was given this book by the author on goodreads for an honest review and if you can't tell, I really loved reading it. I believe that this book has equal parts to the main characters of Alex and Nick. The alternating chapters helps the rea
Amanda Munes
Aug 27, 2013 Amanda Munes rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, 4-stars, military
********** Received an ARC in exchange for a HONEST review. *********

So when i started reading this book i was really confused. I had no clue what was going on and i thought about stopping. I however persevered because the thought of not finishing a book bugs the crap out of me. So i kept reading. Once i got the hang of what was going on i really started to enjoy it. I assumed this book would be similar to other love stories or romance books but it is not. We start with Alex in her room looking
Gracey

Received a copy of this book for free from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Okay, so I decided to read and review this book because come on! The storyline/plot looks great and really original. I indeed like it and enjoyed it in most part.

I just love how real and fun their dialogues has been. Their banter were established in a natural and amusing way. Plus the aspect of the male point of view was just astonishing. I really thought that, 'yeah, guys talk/think like that.' XD

The ama
Helena Pinder
Mar 20, 2014 Helena Pinder rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I got given a free copy by the author to read and review. There are some spoilers but none that will fully ruin the book.
This book is full of tension, thrills and excitement. It was unputdownable! It has a fast pace and awesome, brilliantly developed characters. The plot line is so original and a real thrill ride. I like how the book Is told in alternate perspectives and the way the dream world ends abruptly, leaving you hanging. I really enjoyed Alex and Cara's relationship, they were great sis
Sara
Sep 29, 2013 Sara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: r2r-and-arr
A big thank you to Tracey Ward for giving me a copy of Sleepless to read for an honest review.

I found myself drawn into Sleepless from the beginning. From the first page of the prologue I was drawn in and needed to know where this was headed. The story was amusing, intriguing, mysterious, and sometimes laugh out loud funny.

Alex is a girl with an ability to travel in her sleep. She never knows where she will wake up and if her life will be at risk. Nick is the boy who lives without fear. And when
Toshi
Aug 21, 2013 Toshi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi
The short version is this: the characters all have depth, their own voice, behave in believable ways and are funny in their own ways. The conversations are hilarious as are some of the author's descriptions of things. The relationship in the book is actually paced in a way that is believable, and nobody goes over the top crazy. The powers are very cool and have a lot of room for filling in, which seems like the plan for the next book.

It is part of a series, though I'm unsure if there will be jus
Cassy Le
Feb 01, 2015 Cassy Le rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
**I got this book for free in exange for an finest review**

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS BOOK!
It has the whole package; romance, humour, cute witty comments, everything!
The story kept me on edge the whole way, it simply is really beautiful <3
The characters are really characters that you get to know and feel for them, and they are so thought through!
The concept is something like nothing else, and I really liked it. I really loved how their stories cross, and how their lives turn out from that point
Jenne
Mar 04, 2014 Jenne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh wow what a good book! I AM GOING TO DIE WAITING UNTIL THIS SUMMER FOR THE NEXT ONE! I've read this author's zombie series and I loved it but this was even better! The characters were great, I fell in love with them early on. The romance was perfect, it was real, it wasn't insta love. The plot and concept were fantastic! I highly recommend this book!
★ʜɑʋɘɳ★
What could have been...

I really enjoyed the first third of Sleepless; the writing was enjoyable, the characters were interesting, and the concept was intriguing.
However, about half way into the book, the story fell off drastically for me. Character's reinvented their personality, the plot took a step into the ridiculous direction, and things ceased to make sense.
Jean
Apr 22, 2014 Jean rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-lendable
So, so, so good! I think romance lovers will really enjoy this one. It was sort of a contemporary romance with a twist. So many funny quotes. The best part by far was the romance. No instant love! No love triangle! Yay! I loved both Alex and Nick, and the ending was very unpredictable. I can't wait for the second book!
Heather
Mar 23, 2014 Heather rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was lucky enough to receive this book from goodreads for an honest review.

This is the second book by Tracy Ward I have read and she is not a fluke. Her ideas are fresh and new. The pacing just pulls you along, but doesn't rush the story line. Her characters are fully developed and clearly described. I loved this book and can't wait for the sequel.
Olivia ツ
All kinds of awesome. This isn't an action/drama packed story. It's a story that slowly develops and allows you to get to know the main characters Alex and Nick. Funny at times and extremely sweet. A love story with a paranormal twist of sorts. Loved the chemistry between Nick and Alex.
♥ Young Adult and...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Sleepless by Tracey Ward --> 2 LEFT 24 71 Dec 22, 2014 01:07PM
Romance Lovers fo...: Sleepless - Paranormal Romance 2 9 Mar 13, 2014 06:17PM
YA/NA FANATICS: Sleepless - Paranormal Romance 1 3 Mar 13, 2014 03:51PM
  • Euphoria (Duality, #2)
  • Incorporeal (Soul, #1)
  • The Fall
  • How Beauty Met the Beast (Tales of the Underlight, #1)
  • When Marrying a Scoundrel (Victorian Soap Opera, #2)
  • Unscathed
  • True Vision (True Trilogy #1)
  • A Man of Privilege (Lawyers in Love, #2)
  • Celestial Beginnings (Nephilim, #1)
  • An Infamous Marriage
  • Quicksilver Dreams (Dreamwalkers, #1)
  • The Portrait
  • We Own the Night (Night Songs Collection, #3)
  • Sunder
  • Love Your Entity (Entity, #3)
  • Blood in the Stars
  • It Stings So Sweet
  • The Secrets of Mia Danvers (Dangerous Liaisons, #1)
I was born in Eugene, Oregon and studied English Literature at the University of Oregon (Go Ducks!) My husband, my son and my 80lbs pitbull are my world.
More about Tracey Ward...

Bird of Stone (2 books)
  • Fearless (Bird of Stone, #2)