Start by marking “Mr. Funny” as Want to Read:
Mr. Funny

Mr. Funny (Mr. Men #18)

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  655 ratings  ·  26 reviews
They're back! Rediscover the zaniest characters you've ever met in this best-selling series which has sold millions worldwide. Bright and charming, with easily recognizable characters and a small take-along format, Mr. Men and Little Miss books are easy enough for young readers, witty enough for humor-prone adults, and highly collectible for one and all. Also check your lo ...more
Published September 29th 1997 by Price Stern Sloan (first published 1976)

To ask other readers questions about Mr. Funny, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mr. Funny

Mr. Tickle by Roger HargreavesMr. Bump by Roger HargreavesMr. Happy by Roger HargreavesMr. Greedy by Roger HargreavesMr. Daydream by Roger Hargreaves
Mr. Men and Little Miss
13th out of 104 books — 17 voters
Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. SeussWendall by Othen Donald Dale CummingsAlexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day by Judith ViorstOne Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish by Dr. SeussWhere the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak
Books for six-year-olds
124th out of 400 books — 198 voters

More lists with this book...

Uttam Singh
A tried and tested pre-home time favourite, especially for the Early Years. From the timeless collection by Roger Hargreaves, ‘Mr Funny’ is just one of the superb Mr Men books which pupils cannot get enough of.
The protagonist certainly lives up to his name, as one of the silliest Mr Men characters by definition; his antics will certainly have pupils in stitches. Mr Funny operates in a hilariously ridiculous way, with his breakfast of a “daisy sandwich” and “glass of toast” and his shoe-shaped c
Phil Syphe
Think I’m right in stating that as a boy I had all the pre-1990 Mr Men books with the possible exception of “Mr Snow”. Looking at all the covers apart from the latter jogged my memory.

Sadly I remember little about the stories now, despite reading them numerous times during my boyhood, plus watching the Mr Men cartoons more than once.

Reckon the last time I would’ve read these was 1983, though may have returned to them as late as 1985. Although I’ve forgotten almost everything about this title and
Heather
This one and Mr. Mischief are my son's favorites in this series. I actually remember reading these to my little brother when he was small. (His favorite was Mr. Silly!)
Aimie
My 4 year old son and I, just had a blast reading this for our bedtime story. We laughed more than the Zoo animals. :)
Sarah Sammis
Mr. Funny is one of the more surreal of the Mr. Men books. Mr. Funny lives a very odd life. His house is a tea pot. He drinks toast for breakfast and drives around town in a shoe. As with many of the Mr. Men books, the story follows Mr. Funny through the course of a day, starting with breakfast and going through the course of a day, usually with a trip into town.

Mr. Funny goes to the zoo where he is called into service to entertain a bunch of animals suffering from colds. Here is where the book
Angie
Synopsis: "They're back! Rediscover the zaniest characters you've ever met in this best-selling series which has sold millions worldwide. Bright and charming, with easily recognizable characters and a small take-along format, Mr. Men and Little Miss books are easy enough for young readers, witty enough for humor-prone adults, and highly collectible for one and all. Also check your local listings to view the Mr. Men & Little Miss TV show."

My Review: Another Mr. Men book, this was better than
Sara
Mr Funny is the cutest character I've seen in the series yet. His cuteness makes him extra funny. He can make your laugh any day.

Paul
A childhood favourite of most!
Alannah Clarke
I absolutely loved these Mr Men and Little Miss books. I remember getting them from my granny every week. There was so much from these simple characters, I remember filling my little bookshelf with all these books making sure I had got them all in right order. I wish I still had these books but somehow most of them got lost with many house moves or my mum gave the rest away. If I ever have kids, I will make sure they get the chance to experience these wonderful, colourful books.
Godzilla
Not the finest Mr Men book - although at least Mr Funny goes for a drive rather than a walk, a major difference in plot development!

It does teach kids that laughter is the best medicine, and that perhaps animals aren't all overjoyed to be incarcerated in zoos.

Given the title, this book had so much potential, yet was ultimately slightly disappointing. There are far better Mr Men books out there.
Erica Poole
I read this whole series as a kid, mom had a friend from England who brought them over whenever Stateside. I have quite a few at the moment, rather than list them all I will just blanket comment here. These are such simple and fun little characters that while not remembering details, always brings a smile to my face when I see them again!
Derek Baldwin
When very tiny Luke used to call him "Ha Man" because he had a little battery operated Mr Funny who chortled happily when you bashed his hat. Reading the story with Ha Man to hand was fun, but this isn't a top-notch Mr Men story otherwise.
Danie Cutter
Oh so funny... well according to little miss who now seems to be basing her jokes on this sort of funny. This is actually one of the better Mr Men I've read recently although Mr Quite Amusing is too big to fit on the cover!
Andy Ly
This book is really funny, Mr. Funny ( A character from the story ) tells lot of funny jokes. He even tells funny jokes in poems too, I think this is a good book! You should read it too!
Kelly
Mr Funny lives in a teapot and drives a shoe. Sometimes he eats a daisy sandwich and drinks a glass of toast. He's so funny that he visits the zoo to cheer up depressed animals.
Josh
Oh you KNOW this guy is funny! Look at his hat and shoes. Dude doesn't just wear shoes like that unless he is planning on being a funny ass motherfucker.
Lumi / Otso
my rating is probably unfair because lumi *loves* this book. but i am not fond of reading it.
JG (The Introverted Reader)
Can Mr. Funny cheer up the zoo animals?

Cute. He reminds me of my brother-in-law.
Ashton
All the people are laughing.His house was a teapot.He eats a daisy sandwich.
Rob Towner
Yes, I read all of these as a kid. I'll be here all day folks
Talya
Not just funny but smart and kind, love this character ^_^
Ruby
its real funny and i love funny books. by ruby mc
Clara Moore
Hmm.. Wonder if this is good lol
Ani Rahurahu
iet ws funniee as kau , chee dawae !
Patrick\
Fun read-aloud series - with a moral.
Bender
Aut molestiae distinctio veniam vero. Voluptatem consequatur repellat. Et voluptatem nihil voluptates. Distinctio aut nulla. Quod est consequatur velit voluptatibus et dolorum.
  • Franklin's School Play (Franklin Series)
  • Gabby (Serendipity)
  • Zog
  • You Read to Me, I'll Read to You: Very Short Stories to Read Together
  • That's Not My Monster
Charles Roger Hargreaves (9 May 1935 – 11 September 1988) was an English author and illustrator of children's books, notably the Mr. Men and Little Miss series, intended for very young readers. He is Britain's third best-selling author, having sold more than 100 million books.

Hargreaves was born in a private hospital at 201 Bath Road, Cleckheaton, West Yorkshire, England, to Alfred Reginald and Et
More about Roger Hargreaves...

Mr. Men (1 - 10 of 43 books)
  • Mr. Tickle (Mr. Men, #1)
  • Mr. Greedy (Mr. Men, #2)
  • Mr. Happy (Mr. Men, #3)
  • Mr. Nosey (Mr. Men, #4)
  • Mr. Sneeze (Mr. Men, #5)
  • Mr. Bump (Mr. Men, #6)
  • Mr. Snow (Mr. Men, #7)
  • Mr. Messy (Mr. Men, #8)
  • Mr. Topsy-turvy (Mr. Men, #9)
  • Mr. Silly (Mr. Men, #10)
Mr. Tickle (Mr. Men, #1) Little Miss Bossy Mr. Messy (Mr. Men, #8) Mr. Happy (Mr. Men, #3) Mr. Bump (Mr. Men, #6)