Start by marking “Transmetropolitan, Volume 10: One More Time” as Want to Read:
Transmetropolitan, Volume 10: One More Time

Transmetropolitan, Volume 10: One More Time (Transmetropolitan #10)

4.52  ·  Rating Details ·  8,610 Ratings  ·  151 Reviews
Spider is close to finally nailing US President Callahan, whose attempts to hide his 'unusual' passions have left a bloody trail in his wake. But time is short: the President has declared martial law and his death squads are closing in on Spider.
Paperback
Published June 1st 2004 by Titan Books (UK)

To ask other readers questions about Transmetropolitan, Volume 10, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Transmetropolitan, Volume 10

HFK
I say goodbye to this perfection with a satisfied brilliancy that the ending brought to my pleasurable journey.

Thank you Warren Ellis, thank you.

Patrick
Dec 26, 2013 Patrick rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I grow up, I want to be Spider Jerusalem.
Sesana
Jan 16, 2015 Sesana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
This is it, the end of the road for Transmet, and Callahan, and Spider. Maybe Ellis fooled me, but I had the distinct feeling while reading this that he'd had much of the ending planned from very early on in the series. There are so many little things that come back around to have an impact, large or small. Or maybe he's just really good at juggling details on the fly, I don't know. Callahan's fall was satisfying, even if one element had been done before. I especially loved watching regular back ...more
Ivan
This is the end of the road, and what a crazy ride it was.Dark, satirical and hilarious, it's one of the best graphic novels I read and now it's over.

Spider you insane bastard I will miss you.
Sam Quixote
Jun 05, 2012 Sam Quixote rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Spider and the Smiler meet up for a final "interview" and the fate of Spider and his brain disease is revealed.

Warren Ellis and Darick Robertson end the series in the tone of the books that went before it, with the kind of bravado and knack for compelling storytelling readers have come to expect from this duo and "One More Time" is a fitting end to this brilliant character.

I will say that I felt the showdown with Spider and Smiler, while satisfying, was a bit uninventive in how Spider brings Smi
Negativni
Sep 26, 2015 Negativni rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Uh! Ovo je bilo veliko razočarenje..

Transmetropolitan sam počeo čitati nakon odličnog Y: The Last Man series koji me iznenadio složenom radnjom i kvalitetom kojom je napisan. Tražio sam nešto "slično" a Transmetropolitan je iskakao na sve strane pa sam njega uzeo čitati.

Transmetropolitan naravno nije sličan Y: The Last Manu, nego možda Lobou, ako se dobro sjećam tog stripa, tu mislim ponajviše na "ultranasilje" kako to Amerikanci vole reći.

Glavni lik Transmetropolitana je Spider koji je pljunu
Michelle Morrell
Becky
Sep 26, 2016 Becky rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
Well ended. I really enjoyed this series. Spider is a horrible, wonderful man.
Titas (Emperor)
A fitting finale.

Detailed review soon (maybe)
Reid
May 31, 2015 Reid rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Holy shit, what a series. It amazes me how much high quality content Warren Ellis and Darick Robertson pack into this fantastic series. Whether its expertly written dialogue, immersive art or charmingly terrible characters, Transmetropolitan always delievers.

The final volume of Transmetropolitan had me hooked for sure; however I thought that volumes 8 and 9 were better overall. The build up to the climax throughout volumes 8 and 9 were more enjoyable than the ending itself.

A fitting end to one o
William Blake
Jan 22, 2009 William Blake rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Spider Jerusalem is an intensely appealing anti-hero in the comics world; without superpowers other than an energetic disregard for propriety and a monumental tolerance for intoxicants, he battles a corrupt government in a hyper-urban environment with the help of his filthy assistants. Seriously: what's not to love? He's as gritty as Batman but much funnier. He's as out there as Cole's most outrageous runs on Plastic Man, but grittier. Get it?

But this really is the sort of book perfectly suited
Trin
Dec 29, 2008 Trin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Okay, I have to take back all the mean things I said earlier this year about Warren Ellis. I still don’t get what the big deal with The Authority is, or why his runs on Iron Man or Hellblazer are so great, but this—this I get. This I love. Spider Jerusalem is fucked up and sexy and brilliant—my first real comics crush in years (and guys with too many tattoos are going to have a much better chance with me until it wears off, so thank Ellis for that, boys). Channon and Yelena, his filthy assist ...more
Erika
Jan 31, 2016 Erika rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novel
This was an excellent ending to a fascinating and engaging series, one of the best science fiction stories I've read in a long time.
If I were to have any quibble at all it would be that the final confrontation felt rushed but then everything felt rushed leading up to that point as things started happening faster and faster so it may be more that then anything. I found many of the themes in the book, as I saw them, fascinating. The importance of media and journalism in holding our leaders to task
Bellagbear
Apr 03, 2016 Bellagbear rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What an ending :D. Usually I am a bit disappointed with the ending of long series, but this one is good.

Can't wait to read the whole thing again on actual paper this time.
Chris Maurer
Feb 09, 2015 Chris Maurer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
one of the best ever
Jedi JC
Sep 25, 2016 Jedi JC rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This review will not go into the political theses that the whole series is shoving into its readers, for it may take a very, very long essay just for me to express how much Transmetropolitan reflects the political landscape, its limitations and how much more complex reality is. Transmetropolitan for the most part captures all the stench that us people would simply not smell, the ugly details in our own city and the scandals that might have transpired in our governement that we immediately forget ...more
Etienne
So I finally did it: I read all of Transmetropolitan. Finally.

Ellis's ideas are often brilliant and groundbreaking. The focus on journalism as a means of obtaining justice is definitely atypical for a medium used to fisticuffs. Apart from a few discussions of journalistic ethics which are rather too much on the nose, the idea of "truth-telling-as-freedom-fighting" is very well explored. The other ideas? Not so much -- and it's a real shame. Transmetropolitan's setting and secondary characters ar
Jerrod Schembs
Apr 23, 2015 Jerrod Schembs rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Instead of reviewing Transmet volume by volume, I decided to instead review the series as a whole (posting this review on both vol.1 and 10). Warren Ellis's Transmetroplition is without a doubt my all time favorite graphic novel, yes even better then Moore's Watchmen. What can overly simplified as " What if Dr. Hunter S. Thompson" was the focus of a much darker Futurama.

Transmet follows Spider Jerusalem: foul mouthed, drug fueled, Gonzo Journalist ( Clearly modeled on the late great Dr. Hunter
Aaron
Aug 23, 2011 Aaron rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Granted I started reading this series a good 5 years after it had completed its run, but still, finishing this final volume knowing there's no more to come makes me sad. I can only reenter the City now by rereading previous volumes (which I'm sure I'll do). Everything about this series is perfect. The thoroughly-imagined world, the incomparable Spider Jerusalem, the harsh satire, and the punch-you-in-the-nuts art. Ellis turned journalism into an action movie.
Donald Armfield
This comic series is an insane world that Warren Ellis explains so engrossing. Darick Robertson the main artist really knows how to draw out the bizarre mind of Spider Jerusalem and the strange world that Warren Ellis brings us.

The series is about a lunatic journalist who hates the world around him. The president is his main target who he tries to pretty much take a dump on. With his filthy assistants by his side its a read you will never forget
Cameron
Jun 14, 2014 Cameron rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
All good things come to an end. This was a great series and it was wound up well. It was a linear and logical run to the finish line with all lose ends and support characters accounted for with a few surprises thrown in.

The new edition that I read includes the "I Hate it Here" and "Filth of the City" columns. My reaction to these was mixed, the use of guest was great in both but the story did not add anything significant.

"I hate it here" was good as the columns were sequential and followed the p
Artemiy Nizovtsev
Jun 22, 2015 Artemiy Nizovtsev rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics, 5stars, vertigo
That was awesome. Oh man. I can't believe I resisted for so long and at first hated this series. It is brilliant. And the ending is absolutely perfect.
It is a bit surprising to see such a long-running comic to not loose its pace and momentum until the very last page. Bravo, Mr. Ellis, bravo, Mr. Robertson.
Dann
Aug 19, 2015 Dann rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cyberpunk, comics
Warren Ellis' graphic novel series is unmistakeably well written. The 90's art style perfectly suits the story, and even suits the cyberpunk genre. It is a gritty, ultra-violent series, with a nice, different take on hacker altruism, inspired by the sci-fi novels of the 80's.

Having said that, it is a very difficult series to read. Pure nuggets of creativity are often dimmed by schizophrenic breaks--often by the protagonist--which, I understand, makes this series unique, and to some endearing, b
Kay
Mar 28, 2015 Kay rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Other than some confusion since I'm coming into this story apparently well underway, this is totally twisted and over the top--all of the reasons I love graphic novels. I wanted to read this for something different and that it is. Outlaw journalist Spider Jerusalem battles authority (represented by an evil power hungry president who is downright blatant about it) and his own demons. Crazy stuff but some solid points about the masses who are easily distracted by garbage entertainment instead of f ...more
Lina Lafont
Oct 02, 2014 Lina Lafont rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Transmetropolitan was so much more than I expected. It has a bit of everything in it (social criticism, the responsibility and power of journalism, quiestions about science and humanity, and even friendship). It is definitely a series upon which we can reflect on where we're going as a society and as individuals, despite how likely or not it is for the world to become the way Transmetropolitan shows it. I think that somewhat exaggerated depiction of it is necessary for us to create a more honest ...more
Jonas Cannon
Aug 10, 2015 Jonas Cannon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Easily the best comic book series I have ever read.
Julie
Pár mouder ze Spiderových sloupků:
Transmetropolitan 10 - Naposled

Nr. 1:
Lidé mi pořád říkají, děláš dobrou práci, Spidere, opravdu měníš věci k lepšímu, Spidere. A všechno jsou to kraviny. Měním leda tak prdlačku. Jsem psavec. Novinář.
Nezměním ani hovno. Nedělám nic jiného, než že vám dávám nástroje k pochopení slova, abyste mohli něco změnit vy.
A nezbývá mi než doufat, že to uděláte.

Nr.2:
Když tam nikdo není.
Když se nikdo nedívá. Když se nikdo nesnaží udělat ze mě kreslenou postavičku nebo telev
Sam Quixote
Jun 05, 2012 Sam Quixote rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Bill
Feb 19, 2010 Bill rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What did I learn from this book, or actually from this series?? Don't be an elitist asshole and dismiss an entire genre as unworthy of your attention. This lowly series of comic books will now assume a place much nearer the top of my list of excellent pieces of literature than many, many novels I've read. Sure, it's vulgar, violent, gruesome and irreverent, but it also has more heart and soul than a lot of work that is considered "classic literature" in my opinion. The moral and political issues ...more
Maybe it's the space dust, but... 3 34 Jan 16, 2016 04:55AM
  • The Invisibles, Vol. 6: Kissing Mister Quimper
  • Preacher, Volume 8: All Hell's a-Coming
  • Lucifer, Vol. 9: Crux
  • 100 Bullets, Vol. 8: The Hard Way
  • DMZ, Vol. 5: The Hidden War
Warren Ellis is the award-winning writer of graphic novels like TRANSMETROPOLITAN, FELL, MINISTRY OF SPACE and PLANETARY, and the author of the NYT-bestselling GUN MACHINE and the “underground classic” novel CROOKED LITTLE VEIN. The movie RED is based on his graphic novel of the same name, its sequel having been released in summer 2013. His graphic novel GLOBAL FREQUENCY is in development at Jerry ...more
More about Warren Ellis...

Transmetropolitan (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Transmetropolitan, Vol. 0: Tales of Human Waste  (Transmetropolitan, #0)
  • Transmetropolitan, Vol. 1: Back on the Street (Transmetropolitan, #1)
  • Transmetropolitan, Vol. 2: Lust for Life (Transmetropolitan, #2)
  • Transmetropolitan, Vol. 3: Year of the Bastard (Transmetropolitan, #3)
  • Transmetropolitan, Vol. 4: The New Scum (Transmetropolitan, #4)
  • Transmetropolitan, Vol. 5: Lonely City (Transmetropolitan, #5)
  • Transmetropolitan: I Hate It Here
  • Transmetropolitan, Vol. 6: Gouge Away (Transmetropolitan, #6)
  • Transmetropolitan, Vol. 7: Spider's Thrash (Transmetropolitan, #7)
  • Transmetropolitan: Filth of the City