Possessions

Possessions

3.6 of 5 stars 3.60  ·  rating details  ·  290 ratings  ·  10 reviews
When Katherine Fraser's husband vanishes, she discovers that he has hidden his past from her...and when his wealthy family finds her and sweeps her into a world of power and luxury, the fearful, dependent wife is gradually transformed into a vibrant, glamorous woman. From San Francisco to Paris to the Cote d'Azur, Katherine tastes the romance and elegance of a world she ha...more
Published by Poseidon Press (first published January 1st 1985)

To ask other readers questions about Possessions, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Possessions

Marian Perera
Possessions is my favorite Judith Michael novel. Maybe even my favorite when it comes to women’s fiction, period.

It’s a little dated. The book was published in 1984 and that shows, especially with the references to “Eskimos” and the mention of a computer with disc drives that everyone oohs and aahs over. But although the heroine becomes as beautiful, beloved, accomplished, etc. as any other Judith Michael female protagonist, she starts out on the opposite end of that scale. Which was what hooked...more
John Mcconahey
Whenever one finds the word “love” on a book jacket, stand by for a chick tale. Indeed, there is enough estrogen-produced mind probing contained within these pages to make one’s eyes occasionally glaze over. But the tale draws one into a series of interesting mini-plots and life styles that kept my curiosity continually contented.

Katherine Fraser, an orphaned naive Vancouver housewife married to a builder, suddenly finds herself alone with two children and no means of support. The unexplained di...more
Sheryl
Possessions has left me breathless and shocked when I reached the finale of the book... I love the novel from start to finish... The story was so absorbing, it really got me involved. Judith Michael was totally brilliant. Their book was so hard to put down. The couple behind this amazing novel has done an amazing job... Bravo!!!
Manuela
Anche una piccola storia quotidiana può essere una bella storia. E' il caso di questo romanzo, che narra una storia semplice, di una donna che si ritrova sola ed abbandonata, ma che riesce a superare le avversità e a trovare il coraggio di rifarsi una vita, nonostante tutto.
Libby
I thought it was an average kind of story, set in both America and France with a theme of building - literally concerning a construction empire and metaphorically - the elements of what builds or destroys a family. A nice read for a distraction, nothing heavy.

Marianne
Husband and wife team wrote this book, and I have liked every one I've read. Filled with filthy rich people with filthy rich problems. Always good for a plot.
BoekenTrol
Sep 13, 2012 BoekenTrol marked it as not_read_only_released
Recommended to BoekenTrol by: Moem
From one of the book boxes that Moem sent to me. This is not really my kind of book, so I'm looking for a new home for it.
Katherine
It has an interesting story line but falls short at the end. I could think of a dozen better endings.
Rimzeth Dawood
Survival and finding ones' inner strength when there is no hope to be seen around. Amazing book ;) Loved it.
Barbara
Totally improbable but none the less entertaining soap opera. It has it all.
Erin Lay
Erin Lay marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
Jennifer Layton
Jennifer Layton is currently reading it
Sep 04, 2014
Diane Vanderwerff
Diane Vanderwerff marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2014
Jackie
Jackie added it
Aug 30, 2014
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2014
Linda
Linda added it
Aug 21, 2014
Rettah
Rettah added it
Aug 19, 2014
Cosette
Cosette marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2014
  • Unexpected Blessings (Emma Harte Saga #5)
  • 101 avenue Henri Martin, 1942-1944 (La bicyclette bleue, #2)
  • Come Spring (Storm Family, #3)
  • Daring Moves
  • After Innocence (Delanza, #2)
  • Destiny
  • Indiscreet
  • Dark Angel (Maplecreek, #3)
  • Hokus Pokus (The Sisterhood: Rules of the Game, Book 2)
  • Dakota (Andi Oliver, #2)
  • The Oppermanns
Judith Michael is the pen name of husband/wife team Judith Barnard (b. 1934) and Michael Fain (b. 1937).
More about Judith Michael...
Deceptions Inheritance A Tangled Web Sleeping Beauty Acts of Love