Start by marking “Ah, Le Farniente (Garfield, #11)” as Want to Read:
Ah, Le Farniente (Garfield, #11)

Ah, Le Farniente (Garfield (FR) #11)

You just can't keep a good cat down. And with Garfield you'd need muscles to do it, anyway. This is the frisky feline's tenth collection and is full of the antics and acrobatics you know and love him for. As a bonus it also features an inteview with Jim Davis about how he became a cartoonist!
Published 1990 by Dargaud (first published 1985)

To ask other readers questions about Ah, Le Farniente, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ah, Le Farniente

Jeremy
Jun 06, 2007 Jeremy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Aaaaaaaah, my first glossy rectangular Garfield book! Such contentment! You weren't very cool if you didn't have one of these back in the day. Somehow, this was the only one I ever ended up getting my hands on, but I knew kids who had pretty impressive Garfield libraries. I just kept reading this one over and over again. Once you hit eighth or ninth grade and it sinks in that the world isn't a magical playland for your own personal amusement, funnies tend to mysteriously lose their funniness (th ...more
Zala
Anecdote time
My sister borrowed this book quite a while ago and we were planning to read it together, but we never got around to it, and then I went to Rome. When I came back my sister had already read the book by herself and, because she would be returning it on Monday, I thought I wouldn't get to read it at all. Then out of the blue I found myself having to sit outside, alone, feeling emotionally and physically drained, and the wind blowing like crazy. And the only thing I could stomach read
Conan Tigard
Nov 17, 2015 Conan Tigard rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Garfield is a classic comic. It has withstood the ravages of time is and still quite popular even after 25 years. Although I prefer the earlier looks of Garfield, he can still bring a smile to my lips.

Like any other Garfield book, I like the longer storylines that Jim Davis occasionally does. One shots are okay, but nothing adds to the flavor of a good daily comic strip like a continuing story from day to day. It really keeps the reader coming back for more.

Overall, Garfield Rolls On is a plea
The Badger
Jul 08, 2016 The Badger rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was addicted to these as a kid. I drove my parents insane following them around demanding, "Read this one!" I'm sure that my Dad regretted owning a bookstore. As an adult, I foster cats, and every foster kitten has a picture taken in a box labeled "to: Abu Dhabi." None of my two personal cats are obese, but one is especially adept at tossing chihuahuas off furniture using only one paw...
Kim
Oct 26, 2012 Kim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comic-strips
book #11

Garfield turns 6, gets Stretch the Chicken for a a birthday gift, meets Squeek the Mouse, visits the farm, goes camping, survives a visit from Doc Boy and then his and Jon's parents, gets lost while Jon is away at a cartoonist's convention and finds his mother and grandfather, finds his way home in time for Christmas
Susan Dickson
Aug 26, 2010 Susan Dickson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-own-these
I think this one is my favourite Garfield book... I used to make myself read them in order... silly me!
Erin ☕ *Proud Book Hoarder*
Garfield is always a fun, easy comic where you can leave your brain at the door but enjoy plenty of snickering at the felines' bizarre and selfish antics. A cute book that's fun to look through.
Christine Jackman
I used to collect the Garfield books (and bookmarks) and this was a trip down memory lane! Still funny after all these years (32, to be precise!)
Tara Calaby
Aug 29, 2013 Tara Calaby rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics-strip, humour, pets
Garfield is second only to Footrot Flats when it comes to my most-loved comic strips, and even then, it's only by a smidgeon.
Julia
Julia rated it liked it
Mar 17, 2015
GabbieDewolfe
GabbieDewolfe rated it it was amazing
Aug 31, 2016
Taisia
Taisia rated it liked it
Feb 13, 2013
Luke Lee
Luke Lee rated it it was amazing
Sep 11, 2009
Lontreal Farmer
Lontreal Farmer rated it it was amazing
Oct 16, 2009
Gary Butler
Gary Butler rated it liked it
May 22, 2011
Karin
Karin rated it liked it
Jul 23, 2011
Emily
Emily rated it it was amazing
May 25, 2008
Benjamin Uke
Benjamin Uke rated it liked it
Apr 07, 2013
Allison
Allison rated it liked it
Feb 22, 2012
Yakira
Yakira rated it really liked it
Jun 04, 2009
Artemas
Artemas rated it really liked it
Aug 13, 2013
Tawnos76
Tawnos76 rated it it was amazing
Oct 13, 2015
Matt
Matt rated it really liked it
Jan 17, 2013
Koleman
Koleman rated it it was amazing
Jun 21, 2016
Erin
Erin rated it liked it
Apr 19, 2012
Lucy
Lucy rated it it was amazing
May 01, 2011
Jastin
Jastin rated it it was amazing
Jun 16, 2012
Nikolina Meštrović
Nikolina Meštrović rated it it was amazing
Aug 19, 2013
wjkb
wjkb rated it it was amazing
Jul 23, 2012
Amy Haus
Amy Haus rated it liked it
Sep 24, 2008
  • A Little Look-See:  Mutts 6 (Mutts, #6)
  • It Came from The Far Side
  • Nighthogs: A Pearls Before Swine Collection
  • We Are Experiencing Parental Difficulties...Please Stand by: Baby Blues Scrapbook No. 5
  • Houston, You Have a Problem: A FoxTrot Collection
  • Another Day in Cubicle Paradise
  • Big Honkin' Zits (Zits Treasury, #2)
  • Is This "One of Those Days," Daddy? (For Better or For Worse, #2)
  • It's A Dog's Life, Snoopy
  • Bucky Katt's Big Book of Fun: A Get Fuzzy Treasury
  • The Revenge of the Baby-Sat
James Robert "Jim" Davis is an American cartoonist who created the popular comic strip Garfield. Other comics that he has worked on are Tumbleweeds, Gnorm Gnat, Slapstick, and a strip about Mr. Potato Head.

Jim Davis was born in Fairmount, Indiana, near Marion, where he grew up on a small farm with his father James William Davis, mother Anna Catherine (Carter) Davis, brother Dave, and 25 cats. Davi
More about Jim Davis...

Garfield (FR) (1 - 10 of 60 books)
  • Garfield Prend Du Poids (Garfield, #1)
  • Faut pas s'en faire (Garfield, #2)
  • Les yeux plus gros que le ventre (Garfield, #3)
  • La faim justifie les moyens (Garfield, #4)
  • Moi, on m'aime (Garfield, #5)
  • Une lasagne pour mon royaume (Garfield, #6)
  • La diète, jamais! (Garfield, #7)
  • Qui Dort Dîne (Garfield, #8)
  • La Bonne Vie ! (Garfield, #9)
  • Tiens bon la rampe (Garfield, #10)