Start by marking “Margaritas and Murder (Murder, She Wrote, #24)” as Want to Read:
Margaritas and Murder (Murder, She Wrote, #24)

Margaritas and Murder (Murder, She Wrote #24)

Now in paperback Ms. Fletcher finds murder south of the border...in the USA Today bestselling series.

Mystery writer Jessica Fletcher visits Mexico for a little R&R in San Miguel de Allende-the perfect place for her to soak up the sun, bask in Mexican culture, and spend time with her good friends Vaughan and Olga Buckley. But when Vaughan is kidnapped for a large rans
Published September 5th 2006 by Signet (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Margaritas and Murder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Margaritas and Murder

The Cider House Rules by John IrvingThe Cask of Amontillado by Edgar Allan PoeThe Master and Margarita by Mikhail BulgakovCakes and Ale by W. Somerset MaughamTo Live and Drink in L.A. by Ben Peller
Cheers!
69th out of 116 books — 45 voters
Junky by William S. BurroughsThe Rum Diary by Hunter S. ThompsonThe Master and Margarita by Mikhail BulgakovCharlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald DahlTo Live and Drink in L.A. by Ben Peller
Under the Influence
144th out of 187 books — 147 voters

More lists with this book...

Donnie
Apr 06, 2016 Donnie rated it it was amazing
Fun read!
Cara
Jan 12, 2015 Cara rated it really liked it
I've been reading the Murder, She Wrote series for around 4 years now, and I always enjoy reading them. This one was no exception, but it did differ slightly from the other books in the series.

This book wasn't as focused on the murder. Instead, the focus was (view spoiler)
Autumn
May 19, 2011 Autumn rated it really liked it
Reading a Jessica Fletcher / Donald Bain novel is a fun and relaxing way to unwind. It's not deep, complicated, or even that suspenseful. It's like comfort food for your brain. It just makes you feel better after a long day.

I had part of the mystery solved before the reveal. That's always nice when that happens

Kristi
Jul 15, 2016 Kristi rated it liked it
Shelves: cozy-mystery
In the twenty-forth installment of the Murder, She Wrote series, Jessica travels to Mexico for a relaxing vacation. Unfortunately, the trip is somewhat of a disaster from the offset since Jessica herself is the victim of a crime even before arriving at her destination. From that point forward, the story line thickens as we are drawn into a world filled with bandidos and a kidnapping plot.

I think that this book is an interesting change of pace for the Murder, She Wrote series in that a murder is
Jen
Jan 19, 2016 Jen rated it it was amazing
Andrew
Feb 18, 2016 Andrew rated it liked it
Shelves: novels-read, books
I have watched about 4 1/2 seasons of the show and have enjoyed it. Not much of a mystery fan, I find myself either growing tired of some of the like, but Murder, She Wrote has always been one that I could never grow tired of. At most, I fall out of the mystery hunger.

About a year and a half ago, I picked up this book at a resale store where they had a deal going on. As many books as one can fit in a grocery bag for $3.00. Being a fan of the telly programme, I put it in the bag. took me till ye
Cecelia Hightower
My mom got three Murder, She Wrote books at our local donation store to start off our girls week trip. [For those of you who don’t know... my mom and I used to love watching Murder, She Wrote and one time when I was in middle school we flew down for Sherry’s wedding and while we were checking into the hotel I was SURE I saw Angela Lansbury (the star) walking toward us! But... it was her doppelganger, Kaylen.] The book itself was a little corny – Jessica goes to Mexico to visit her publisher and ...more
Alyx Tschirhart
Dec 31, 2015 Alyx Tschirhart rated it liked it
I love J. B. Fletcher. Whether I'm watching Murder, She Wrote, listening to an audiobook from this series or reading one, her character brings a smile to my face.

This story was building up to something great but by the end, I felt like I missed a detail or two. Maybe I should just appreciate that this book was the predictable kind, but it just didn't tie together as seamlessly as I would have thought.
R.
Aug 19, 2016 R. rated it it was amazing
VERY pleasantly surprised! I loved just about each and every character that was introduced, even the "bad" ones, plus the interesting storyline had a great ending with an unexpected twist. I really enjoyed reading this book!
Karol
Jun 20, 2009 Karol rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2009
I thoroughly enjoyed another venture into the world of Jessica Fletcher. I swear, this character knows more people than a successful politician!

This was a satisfying cozy, and I'm glad to see there are so many books in the series. All really could stand alone . . .

Although in the series I liked the shows that took place in Cabot Cove the best, it adds a layer of interest in reading to see Jessica travel to other places. A largely retirement community in a neighboring country was a good choice -
Tom
Jun 02, 2014 Tom rated it really liked it
I got this as an audio book to listen to while driving to work. It worked well for that. I didn't have to concentrate too much and was entertained.
Andrea
Jan 17, 2016 Andrea rated it it was amazing
Enjoyable and satisfying mystery with Jessica Fletcher . I totally missed the clues in this one! It was time for me to read one outside of Cabot Cove.
Donna Syler
Apr 24, 2014 Donna Syler rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. I actually read it while in Cancun and drinking Margarita.
Alison
Aug 18, 2015 Alison rated it really liked it
A cute mystery full of local color. Better than I expected.
Heather
Jan 01, 2016 Heather rated it liked it
These are cute, quick reads that remind me of my mother.
Lara
Jan 23, 2016 Lara rated it really liked it
Great mystery again! Nice, clean book to read.
Margaret
Sep 17, 2015 Margaret added it
Shelves: mysteries
Audiobook: Too cozy for my taste
Sara
Mar 25, 2015 Sara rated it it was amazing
My favorite so far in the series, and I have read over 30 of them.
Pat
Dec 10, 2014 Pat rated it liked it
I have enjoyed all the Jessica books.
Angela Barbee
3 1/2 stars. Never disappointed with this series
Rage
Feb 08, 2015 Rage rated it liked it
For some reason, I felt like the narrator could have been some random person, not Jessica Fletcher. Maybe because she was in such an unfamiliar place and surrounded by unfamiliar people, it felt kind of generic? Anyway, there are a lot of interesting characters, and the atmosphere is great - I think it's a pretty accurate and fair picture of an expat community, there were some tasty descriptions of Mexican food, and some history and politics came up as well. It's a nice light read.
Christine
Jul 24, 2015 Christine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Murder She Wrote, cozy mysteries, and travel
Recommended to Christine by: Stacy
Shelves: mystery, movies-tv
Very enjoyable book! Donald Bain is indisputably a great writer. I'm often at loggerheads with his ghostwriting on Jessica Fletcher's books...sometimes, to me, they don't sound like Mrs. Fletcher's voice or personality. But "Margaritas and Murder" is one of the good ones, where I can just see Jess hiking purposefully up a cobblestone street, on the hunt for a murderer.

I'd read this one again!

..And oh dear, now I want a margarita...
K
Feb 15, 2008 K rated it it was ok
Shelves: mystery-fiction
Mystery writer Jessica Fletcher accompanies her publisher to Mexico for a little R&R. San Miguel de Allende is the perfect place for Jessica to soak up the sun, bask in Mexican culture, and spend some time with her good friends Vaughan and Olga Buckley. But when Vaughan is kidnapped for a large ransom, Jessical must put her life on the line to find her old friend.
Lollyletsgo
Mar 11, 2012 Lollyletsgo rated it liked it
These are a soft and welcoming retreat from the real world. I love this character and her adventrues.

As one of the other reviewers noted, I also "solved" the crime before the end- FUN! (I'm usually just along for the ride on these reads.)

Full disclosure: I listened to this one, and I loved the actress' voice, and clipped Maine accent, very apropos!
Tim
Mar 13, 2012 Tim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was the best of the series so far that I have listened to...even though I do have a bit of trouble believing the Jessica Fletcher from the television show would sneak off into the Mexican night with a priest to storm a kidnappers' hideout...that's just a bit much. A fine mystery though.

Made me want a Margarita
Teri-k
Mar 21, 2016 Teri-k rated it it was ok
Not one of the best. It started very slowly and I didn't find the milieu interesting - the expat community was dull. I also didn't thing Jessica acted like she should - she apparently wasn't curious about anything, just hanging around waiting for the action to come to her. A poor entry in the series.
toya
Jun 23, 2010 toya rated it did not like it
I stopped at Chapter four (page 24 of 266).

The first four chapters were spent discussing her ride to/from the Airport.

Talk about boring!

This might have been better as an audio book.
Thefranksclan
Jul 01, 2008 Thefranksclan rated it really liked it
Great mystery which takes place in a small town in Mexico. The descriptions of San Miguel de Allende, a small mountain town in which artists are drawn to, made me want to visit there some day.
Nov 02, 2009 Jennifer rated it it was ok
This was a book on tape that my husband and I listened to on the way home from Missouri. It is not a book I would have chosen, but it was better than I anticipated. Not much depth.
Katie
Jul 07, 2012 Katie rated it liked it
The mysteries are not the strong part of the series but the characters are usually interesting and the descriptions of the setting (in this case, Mexico) make you feel like you're there.
The Women's Myste...: #24 Margaritas and Murder 1 3 Aug 10, 2013 12:07AM
  • Murder, They Wrote (Includes: Aurora Teagarden)
  • A Fit of Tempera (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries, #6)
  • Dead Roots (Bad Hair Day Mystery, #7)
  • The Physic Book of Deliverence Dane
  • Dog Walker
  • Words With Fiends (Black Cat Bookshop Mystery, #3)
  • Wreckers' Key (Seychelle Sullivan, #4)
  • Touch and Go
  • Silver Scream
  • Backstab (Francesca Vierling Mystery, #1)

Jessica Fletcher (born Jessica Beatrice MacGill, and writes under the initialed J.B. Fletcher) is a fictional character from the US television series Murder, She Wrote.

In keeping with the spirit of the TV show, a series of official original novels have been written by American ghostwriter Donald Bain and publi
More about Jessica Fletcher...

Murder, She Wrote (1 - 10 of 46 books)
  • Gin & Daggers (Murder, She Wrote, #1)
  • Manhattans & Murder (Murder, She Wrote, #2)
  • Rum & Razors (Murder, She Wrote, #3)
  • Brandy and Bullets (Murder, She Wrote, #4)
  • Martinis & Mayhem (Murder, She Wrote, #5)
  • A Deadly Judgment (Murder, She Wrote, #6)
  • A Palette for Murder (Murder, She Wrote, #7)
  • The Highland Fling Murders (Murder, She Wrote, #8)
  • Murder on the QE2 (Murder, She Wrote, #9)
  • Murder in Moscow (Murder, She Wrote, #10)