Start by marking “Margaritas and Murder (Murder, She Wrote, #24)” as Want to Read:
Margaritas and Murder (Murder, She Wrote, #24)

Margaritas and Murder (Murder, She Wrote #24)

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  303 ratings  ·  29 reviews
Now in paperback Ms. Fletcher finds murder south of the border...in the USA Today bestselling series.

Mystery writer Jessica Fletcher visits Mexico for a little R&R in San Miguel de Allende-the perfect place for her to soak up the sun, bask in Mexican culture, and spend time with her good friends Vaughan and Olga Buckley. But when Vaughan is kidnapped for a large rans
Published September 5th 2006 by Signet (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Margaritas and Murder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Margaritas and Murder

The Cider House Rules by John IrvingThe Cask of Amontillado by Edgar Allan PoeThe Master and Margarita by Mikhail BulgakovTo Live and Drink in L.A. by Ben PellerDandelion Wine by Ray Bradbury
Cheers!
66th out of 115 books — 40 voters
Junky by William S. BurroughsThe Rum Diary by Hunter S. ThompsonThe Master and Margarita by Mikhail BulgakovCharlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald DahlOpiate Addiction - The Painkiller Addiction Epidemic, Heroin ... by Taite Adams
Under the Influence
130th out of 174 books — 137 voters

More lists with this book...

Andrew
I have watched about 4 1/2 seasons of the show and have enjoyed it. Not much of a mystery fan, I find myself either growing tired of some of the like, but Murder, She Wrote has always been one that I could never grow tired of. At most, I fall out of the mystery hunger.

About a year and a half ago, I picked up this book at a resale store where they had a deal going on. As many books as one can fit in a grocery bag for $3.00. Being a fan of the telly programme, I put it in the bag. took me till ye
Gobnait
Reading a Jessica Fletcher / Donald Bain novel is a fun and relaxing way to unwind. It's not deep, complicated, or even that suspenseful. It's like comfort food for your brain. It just makes you feel better after a long day.

I had part of the mystery solved before the reveal. That's always nice when that happens

Cecelia Hightower
My mom got three Murder, She Wrote books at our local donation store to start off our girls week trip. [For those of you who don’t know... my mom and I used to love watching Murder, She Wrote and one time when I was in middle school we flew down for Sherry’s wedding and while we were checking into the hotel I was SURE I saw Angela Lansbury (the star) walking toward us! But... it was her doppelganger, Kaylen.] The book itself was a little corny – Jessica goes to Mexico to visit her publisher and ...more
Karol
I thoroughly enjoyed another venture into the world of Jessica Fletcher. I swear, this character knows more people than a successful politician!

This was a satisfying cozy, and I'm glad to see there are so many books in the series. All really could stand alone . . .

Although in the series I liked the shows that took place in Cabot Cove the best, it adds a layer of interest in reading to see Jessica travel to other places. A largely retirement community in a neighboring country was a good choice -
Tom
I got this as an audio book to listen to while driving to work. It worked well for that. I didn't have to concentrate too much and was entertained.
Donna Syler
Loved this book. I actually read it while in Cancun and drinking Margarita.
Pat
I have enjoyed all the Jessica books.
R.
For some reason, I felt like the narrator could have been some random person, not Jessica Fletcher. Maybe because she was in such an unfamiliar place and surrounded by unfamiliar people, it felt kind of generic? Anyway, there are a lot of interesting characters, and the atmosphere is great - I think it's a pretty accurate and fair picture of an expat community, there were some tasty descriptions of Mexican food, and some history and politics came up as well. It's a nice light read.
K
Mystery writer Jessica Fletcher accompanies her publisher to Mexico for a little R&R. San Miguel de Allende is the perfect place for Jessica to soak up the sun, bask in Mexican culture, and spend some time with her good friends Vaughan and Olga Buckley. But when Vaughan is kidnapped for a large ransom, Jessical must put her life on the line to find her old friend.
Lollyletsgo
These are a soft and welcoming retreat from the real world. I love this character and her adventrues.

As one of the other reviewers noted, I also "solved" the crime before the end- FUN! (I'm usually just along for the ride on these reads.)

Full disclosure: I listened to this one, and I loved the actress' voice, and clipped Maine accent, very apropos!
Tim
This was the best of the series so far that I have listened to...even though I do have a bit of trouble believing the Jessica Fletcher from the television show would sneak off into the Mexican night with a priest to storm a kidnappers' hideout...that's just a bit much. A fine mystery though.

Made me want a Margarita
♤♡♢♧
I stopped at Chapter four (page 24 of 266).

The first four chapters were spent discussing her ride to/from the Airport.

Talk about boring!

This might have been better as an audio book.
Thefranksclan
Great mystery which takes place in a small town in Mexico. The descriptions of San Miguel de Allende, a small mountain town in which artists are drawn to, made me want to visit there some day.
This was a book on tape that my husband and I listened to on the way home from Missouri. It is not a book I would have chosen, but it was better than I anticipated. Not much depth.
Katie
The mysteries are not the strong part of the series but the characters are usually interesting and the descriptions of the setting (in this case, Mexico) make you feel like you're there.
Rebecca
I read this on our honeymoon in Mexico. It is a quick, fun read. I LOVE the TV show, and I miss it (I watch the reruns). These books keep me going!
Suzanne
Nothing original or brillant, but I always enjoy a clean, easy-read mystery and it was kind of fun to have it "written" by the "Murder, She Wrote" author.
Kellylynn
I really can't say this was any better than the last Murder, She wrote. But it was a nice escape, nothing more.
Joy
Sorry - this is one of those light readings I'm mixing into the heavier ones. (I've always liked the TV show :-)
Elizabeth
It was good, but I like the tv show better. I just like Angela Lansbury ever since Sweeney Todd.
Fanda Kutubuku
Not as good as Agatha Christie, but Jessica is able to describe everything in details.
Janice
Perfect book to over the holidays, enjoyable and great mystery. Happy New Year everybody.
Sarah Jowett
I forgot to update this so I have forgotten what the book was about...
April
Mrs. Fletcher cracked the case again! Nice, easy beach read.
Kathryn
"Murder She Wrote Jessica Fletcher, Donald Bain "
Dina
good book. nice read. Always true to her nature.
Clare
Enjoyable read; clever plot.
Sreerama
Sep 28, 2009 Sreerama is currently reading it
Started off pretty kewl...
Ernie
May 16, 2009 Ernie is currently reading it
very interesting .
The Women's Myste...: #24 Margaritas and Murder 1 3 Aug 10, 2013 12:07AM
  • Wed and Buried (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries, #12)
  • Dead Roots (Bad Hair Day Mystery, #7)
  • Murder, They Wrote (Includes: Aurora Teagarden)
  • Words With Fiends (Black Cat Bookshop Mystery, #3)
  • Mr. Monk Goes to the Firehouse (Mr. Monk, #1)
  • Stake & Eggs (Cackleberry Club, #4)
  • Backstab (Francesca Vierling Mystery, #1)
  • Strangers (Faye Longchamp, #6)
  • The Silence of the Library (Cat in the Stacks, #5)
  • Killer Twist (Ghostwriter Mystery #1)
  • Killer Librarian
  • The Magyar Venus (Lara McClintoch Archeological Mystery, #8)
Jessica Fletcher (born Jessica Beatrice MacGill, and writes under the initialed J.B. Fletcher) is a fictional character from the US television series Murder, She Wrote.

In keeping with the spirit of the TV show, a series of official original novels have been written by American ghostwriter Donald Bain and published by the New American Library. The author credit for the novels is shared with the fic
More about Jessica Fletcher...
Gin & Daggers (Murder, She Wrote, #1) Manhattans & Murder (Murder, She Wrote, #2) A Little Yuletide Murder (Murder, She Wrote, #11) Murder on the QE2 (Murder, She Wrote, #9) Rum & Razors (Murder, She Wrote, #3)