Start by marking “The Deal” as Want to Read:
The Deal

The Deal

Everything about Jonah Gray screams success -movie-star good looks, expensive clothes, a Park Avenue penthouse, and a seven-figure income. A cutthroat, rainmaking New York city commercial real estate broker, Jonah craves opulence and power. He beds models, romps the globe on the weekends and sees the world as his for the taking. Jonah Gray has it all. Or at least he had it ...more
Published May 1st 2008 by Oceanview Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Deal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Deal

Paddy
Jul 30, 2012 Paddy rated it did not like it
Shelves: fiction, ebook
Need to stop buying Kindle Daily Deals.
Lance
Aug 17, 2012 Lance rated it did not like it
Got old quick, the money drugs and coolness just never clicked. Then the ending just kind of happened.
Drew
Aug 06, 2012 Drew rated it did not like it
Worst book of all time. Got is free and the first chapter was so bad it made me angry. So, technically I didn't finish it. I couldn't bear another page.

Don't read this ever.
Gabby
Feb 28, 2014 Gabby rated it it was amazing
Mark March 4, 2014, on the Calendar because that's the date the sequel to **The Deal**, by * Adam Gittlin*, is going to be published. There is also supposed to be a third novel in this series, and I'm sure I'll be in line for that one as well. The second book is called **About Face**, and if it's even half as good as **The Deal**, readers should be flocking to favorite book stores to get it.

**The Deal** was my kind of novel right from the start. I enjoy stories about Wall Street and Finance in a
Kevin
May 02, 2008 Kevin rated it liked it
When I first heard about the new novel from Adam Gittlin, The Deal, I thought it had an interesting hook: big time commercial real estate in New York City. Seemed like an interesting backdrop to a thriller. That turned out to be true, but the heart of The Deal isn't real estate but trust and priorities. Who can you trust and what is most important to you.

The Deal is an fast paced thriller with an interesting setting and a creative twisting plot. But I will confess that the main character turned
Vonnielee
May 17, 2012 Vonnielee rated it it was ok
The outstanding reviews of this book made me excited to purchase as a kindle daily deal. I knew that the first 100 pages or so would move slow, so I kept my patience in check and strapped on for the ride. I found that the first 100 pages were interesting and not so slow moving. It was the next 200 pages that had me begging for this story to be over. One reviewer said it was the type of story you stayed up late to finish. For me, not so much. I read the last 100 pages as fast as I could just to ...more
Pris
Aug 15, 2012 Pris rated it liked it
Would have made a great story, but plot development was mediocre and the pacing was slow. Too much time was spent describing non-essentials, e.g., how many browser windows the hero had open at one time and how he minimized or put them aside to be able to look at what he was looking at better. Unsatisfactory chapter endings left you guessing, though, which was I guess an attempt to make it more suspenseful or mystery-like/thriller-like than it can be. However, the story telling does pick up after ...more
Ben Cowles
Dec 07, 2012 Ben Cowles rated it it was ok
Poop. If poop could write, it would deliver a book much like this one: messy, nutty and rarely solid. However, much like pooping, it has pleasurable moments. Not worth your time.
Greg
Jul 24, 2016 Greg rated it it was ok
Shelves: donated
Dull New York real estate. It does exist.
Stephanie
Nov 16, 2011 Stephanie rated it it was amazing
Terra
Jun 02, 2008 Terra rated it really liked it
The Deal by Adam Gittlin is an action packed work of fiction from beginning to end. Not being my usual type of read I will have to say this book just sucked me in, tied me up and held me hostage all the way through. It really is a very intense storyline that will have you sitting on the edge of your seat.

Jonah Gray is a handsome, powerful and wealthy New Yorker that knows the In's and outs of the real estate market better than most brokers. He has worked his way up the ladder to become one of th
David Williams
Feb 12, 2014 David Williams rated it really liked it
Jonah Gray is a rising star in the world of New York Real Estate brokers. High dollar deals, women, booze, and drugs dominate his life. Then the opportunity of a lifetime comes his way. An old friend who owns a multi-billion dollar Russian oil company contacts him. It seems that his friend has decided to diversify his holdings and wants to invest in real estate. This is a huge deal There is only one hitch. The deal has to take place in three weeks. Jonah and the other associates at the small ...more
Gary Dale Cearley
Dec 18, 2008 Gary Dale Cearley rated it it was amazing
The Deal by Adam Gittlin starts out as the chance of a lifetime…

Young hotshot real estate broker, Jonah Gray is given three weeks to propose and put together a half-a-billion dollar Manhattan real estate purchase deal by a Russian oil tycoon who choses Jonah because of old family connections. Jonah starts the work in confidence of his abilities to get this deal done but what he doesn’t know is that he has actually become a pawn in an international game of intrigue involving stolen priceless arti
Heather
Mar 12, 2016 Heather rated it it was ok
I won't say this was all the way down with the 1-star books I've read, but it really was difficult to get all the way through. Good writing can make up for a far-fetched plot, and a believable plot with a main character you root for might make up for poor writing, but put together a pretty unsympathetic main character (telling the story first person), a ridiculous plot full of so many coincidences they couldn't BE coincidences, and some pretty painful writing, and... well... it's over, at least. ...more
Terri
Jul 31, 2015 Terri rated it it was amazing
I received this audio book as a gift in exchange for a hones and unbiased review. This is a great audio book! It is dangerous and destructive and twisted. Like a cat and mouse game where nothing is as it seems to be, this story keeps us guessing. One of the main characters, Jonah is extremely intelligent and we read along as he put pieces of a unbelievable puzzle together. It is like National Treasure vs Wall Street Tycoons. This story is so good, it is worth a second reading!

The author, Adam G
Deniece Mason
Jan 08, 2014 Deniece Mason rated it liked it
*I received this title Oceanview Publishing, - through NetGalley in exchange for a honest review. This book is set for publication January 14, 2014.*

This book put me in the mind of the movie a Wolf on Wall Street…but the business in real estate. The author did an outstanding job with Jonah Gray’s character as you go from hating to loving him all in the span of the novel as he tries to undo the damage his deal with Andreu Zhamovsky has unleashed. The author masterfully put together a secondary ca
Jan
Jun 30, 2015 Jan rated it it was ok
This book was all right if drugs, expensive living, and detailed real estate markets in NYC are your thing. If not, scrutinize the publisher's summary to see if it calls to you anyway. The style was not as cohesive or fluid as might be. Frankly, it bored me. There was just no fun in it at all.
It also did not provide adequate variety to allow the audio performer to share in crafting a memorable work of fiction.
Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews
May 19, 2008 Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-to-review, 2008
I'm nearly half way through this book and it is definitely keeping me on the edge of my seat especially with the latest twist!

Ok, I finished this book over the weekend and it was really really good. I did not see some of the twists coming but some I did pick up on. There were some times where it seemed to drag or I wondered if some of the scenes could have been deleted but over all it is a good book and worth reading
Carrie Regan
Jul 05, 2012 Carrie Regan rated it really liked it
Another good summer page-turner. I loved the insights this provided into the high-flying commercial real estate world in New York City. Kindle version has some formatting issues which were mildly annoying, but the story moved along so briskly that they became less and less noticeable. Characters were realistic and plot somewhat convoluted in places--but overall a really enjoyable read that immersed me in a world that's otherwise completely foreign to me.
David
Nov 01, 2013 David rated it it was amazing
Well written, intriguing suspense. I thoroughly enjoyed the characters, the story line and the use of the author's real estate experience, knowledge of Manhattan and the inclusion of a bit of art history. Just enough sexual tension, greed, subterfuge and violence round out this excellent thriller!
Susan Chapman
Nov 12, 2011 Susan Chapman rated it really liked it
This is a really good read. A tangled web of real estate deals in Manhattan put our hero in considerable danger. Lots of good twists and turns. I really liked the fact that the author developed the characters in this story. So many suspense tales are all about the plot but neglect to make the characters interesting. Highly recommend.
Jeanne
May 29, 2012 Jeanne rated it liked it
An exciting read, lots of action, like an edge of your seat thriller. I didn't like the main character because of his arrogance, drug use and disregard for others. But perhaps that was exactly the author's intent.
Kaye
May 12, 2012 Kaye rated it it was amazing
I very much enjoyed this book. While it has a few chapters that are a bit tedious as it gets bogged down in so much real estate talk that doesn't last long and is well worth getting through to get to the rest of the story. Intense, exciting mystery! Highly recommend.
Sherri
Jun 17, 2013 Sherri rated it did not like it
This was horrible. I am glad I had a borrowed book and don't pay anything for it. The writing is amateur. The details are meaningless to the story. All the main characters are unsympathetic. Not worth finishing. Walk away from this book!
Jolovessnow
Aug 04, 2013 Jolovessnow rated it did not like it
Shelves: kindle
Pick a plot! This book was so convoluted that it was painful to read. The unsympathetic main character & narrator did nothing to keep my interest. I would have been happy with a good real estate mystery.
Esther
Oct 13, 2012 Esther rated it it was ok
I could not finish this :(. Started out with an interesting set of characters and premise (a little like Bonfire of the Vanities) but the writing was awful. The story got quite convoluted and I lost interest. Thumbs down.
Deedra
May 16, 2016 Deedra rated it really liked it
Jack Chekijian is the perfect narrator for this story.This thriller is set in the world of high finance and is very enthralling.Jonah Gray is a man to watch out for.I was given this book free of charge for an honest review.
Paris Abell
Nov 25, 2013 Paris Abell rated it liked it
I didn't have high expectations for this one. And it starts out pretty slow, overburdened with the history of real estate. BUT it gets going and I thougt the ending was tightly written and kept me guessing. So, overall, I'd recommend it.
Pmcdnld2
Sep 21, 2012 Pmcdnld2 rated it liked it
A hot shot NY real estate broker is set up by an old "friend" in what he thinks is the biggest deal of his career; but it turns out he's being framed and things get ugly and violent in a short period of time. Rather convoluted plot but interesting.
Pat
May 14, 2012 Pat rated it really liked it
Shelves: adventure, kindle
What a twist in the plot! Loving it so far and I'm about 50% thru it.
And I just finished it....loved it. So many twists and turns and the perfect setup for another book.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Compliments of a Friend
  • Notown
  • The Last Clinic (Darla Cavannah Mysteries, #1)
  • Clean Burn (Janelle Watkins, Private Investigator, #1)
  • The Tenth Circle (Blaine McCracken #11)
  • Thanksgiving
  • Diner Impossible  (Rose Strickland Mystery, #3)
  • The Woman Who Stopped Traffic
  • The Brim Reaper (Style and Error Mystery, #3)
  • Corktown (Abby Kane FBI Thriller, #1)
  • What It Was Like
  • The Vicar's Wife (Tales from Goswell #1)
  • Too Bad to Be Truman (Truman, #2)
  • The Mugger (87th Precinct #2)
  • The Seduction of Miriam Cross (A Delilah Percy Powers Mystery, #1)
  • Cavemen, Monks, and Slow Food: A History of Eating Well
  • The Difficult Sister (Emma Golden Mysteries, #2)
  • Delaney's People: A Novel in Small Stories