Start by marking “My Sister's Keeper” as Want to Read:
My Sister's Keeper

My Sister's Keeper

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  393 ratings  ·  26 reviews
After her adoptive parents are killed, Cathy is left with her strange, uncommunicative twin sisters. Nico, one of the directors of the local theatre group, blackmails the twins into allowing Cathy to marry him. It is not long before their marriage turns sour.
Published July 1st 2003 by Ulverscroft Large Print Bks. (first published July 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about My Sister's Keeper, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Sister's Keeper

Sarah Lindsay
Was amazing and the emotion was so vivd throughout the novel I cried on several occasions.
Courtney
The ending KILLED me! It was a good read, and it was great for posing moral/ethical questions
D.G. Torrens
I thought this book was exceptionally well written. It's a story that would be every mother's nightmare. A mother with one child suffering from Leukaemia so they have another child to save the life of their current one. Only the as the child get's older she no longer wants to be just a donor for this and that she wants to be like any normal child playing with her friends. This is a very deep story. One that will grip you and never let you go. I could not imagine being a mother in this position f ...more
02mimk
"Darkness, you know, is relative." is a line from the book "My Sister's Keeper" by Jodi Picoult. It is one of the best books that I have ever read. It's just the kind that I like; dramatic, inspirational, and realistic fiction.
Almost all teenagers are allegedly invinsible. Not Kate Fitzgerald. She has had a rare form of leukimia since she was two years old and has skimmed the very lips of death on a constant basis. In hopes of curing Kate, her parents make a "designer baby" to match to Kate's
Whitney Noble
This book is about a girl who gets leukemia and is fighting for her life in hospital when her mother donates her organs. All her life, up until she is 13 the little sister is put through many surgical procedures until she doesnt want to anymore.So she gets a lawyer and takes her parent to court to stop them using her. The girl gets the permission from the court to stop, much to her parents disgust.The older sister passes away in the hospital bed with her family beside her.I really enjoyed readin ...more
Maran Gorham
This is one ofy favorite books because I struggled and rooted for the character so much. This book was easy to get into because the author asks such a hard question that many unfortunately one day face in their own family. The character that i fought the most with was the mother because I couldn't agree with there way she eater her second daughter like a LAN rat or a bin with spare parts just to prolong her first Norns life while the brother is ignored and the family lives in dysfunction because ...more
D'andra Conyers
My sisters keeper is a real tear jerker. It shows you how much love there is in a family. It is one of those books that make you want to do a good deed when you are done with it. It teaches people not to be as selfish. When someone is in need, help them out because everyone needs a helping hand every once in a while. In this case it was a much more serious way of lending a helping hand but still gets the message across. Overall this was a really excellent book and I would recommend for anyone to ...more
Denise
Bernardine Kennedy was recommended to me by a friend many years ago, I have since read & enjoyed all of her books & this is a favourite. Bernardine is a great writer and this was a fabulous engrossing story.
If you enjoy books by Lesley Pearse, I'm sure you will also love Bernardine Kennedy, give them a try you won't be disappointed.

I have noticed that most of the reviews for this Bernardine Kennedy book seem to be for a Jodi Picoult book with the same title that I have not even read?

Tessa
I decided to read this book because my friend had told me it was really good.
What I liked about this book was that the story is told from other peoples point of view through-out the story.
What I didn't like about this book was that it diddn't have a happy ending,and i wasn't expecting it to end that way.
I would recommend this book to mostly girls aged 11 to about 18.
Michelle Jones
I was given this book from an older lady and was expecting a throw away romance novel. It is a throwaway story, but has a more sinister side than expected and what the cover portrays.

Good but leaves you with a slightly sordid feeling (and not the "50 shades/black lace kinda sordid).
Dimaris Cintron
I read the book first then saw the movie and both pulled at my heart and filled me with over whelming sadness but I can understand the struggles of the mom side of not letting go and the courage of the sister of respecting Kates wishes.
Callie Daniel
This book was a slow read for me and was getting quite good til the ending. After I read the ending I wanted to throw the book down on the ground and stomp on it and all that kept me from doing that was that I didn't own the book.
Eliza
I thought this book was really good, i think that it was a very worthwhile book to read- it was very sad/emotional and had lots of strong messages butmit was very nice to read even though it was such a trajjic story!!!!
Laleh
Really makes you think. I read this book thinking I knew what the right choice would be but after reading from each character's point of view, couldn't make a decision. Definitely a sad story. Very well written.
Amy Giveans
Had trouble liking some of the characters. The ending was shocking. Saw the movie and hated it. Read the book.
Sheila
Great book I could not put it down. The ending was a shock. Very sad ending.
Keturah
I loved the book. The movie I was not impressd with after such a wonderful book.
Sherry
This is one of the best books I have read in a long time. Incredibly well written.
Jenine
Absolutely heart wrenching. Raises more questions than can ever be answered.
Megan
This is a good book but more for people in high school or early college.
Kelly
too sad.... I like a story that is about adventure not about dying.
Rose
I didn't like the ending but it was a good book.
Ep Flores
i recently watched the movie. its great.
Vivienne
Nothing to say just found it boring
Leslie
Anoter good one by Jodi Picoult.
Cheryl
Really enjoyed this one
Sandra Broering
Sandra Broering marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2015
Elizabeth Janet
Elizabeth Janet marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
  • Every Woman Knows A Secret
  • Pure Fiction
  • In the Mood
  • Kaitlyn
  • Two Is Lonely (Jane Graham, #3)
  • Honeymoon
  • Did the Earth Move?
  • Going Too Far
  • Love Lives
  • Songbird
  • Candlemoth
  • Still Thinking Of You
  • Finding Clarity: A Mom, A Dwarf and a Posh Private School in the People's Republic of Berkeley
  • The Step Child: A True Story of a Broken Childhood
  • The Acclaimed Shopaholic Novels Boxed Set
  • Always the Bridesmaid
  • The White Witch of Rosehall
  • Snowflakes on the Sea
Bernardine was born in London but spent most of her childhood with her travelling ex-pat parents in Singapore and Nigeria before settling in Essex, where she still lives.

Her diverse and very varied working life, which has given her such an insight into the situations of her characters, has included careers as an Air Hostess, a Swimming Instructor and a Social Worker as well a Teacher of English in
More about Bernardine Kennedy...
Everything Is Not Enough Onde Estás? Vidas Estilhaçadas Old Scores Chain Of Deception