Start by marking “A Sense of Duty (Sword of Glastonbury, #4)” as Want to Read:
A Sense of Duty (Sword of Glastonbury, #4)

Read Excerpt* *Different edition

A Sense of Duty (The Sword of Glastonbury #4)

Constance had given him up. Gabriel, the one man who could make her smile, who could bring joy to her world, was gone. She drove him away and agreed to marry Barnard, a much older neighbor, to solidify her family’s borders.

Six years later, bandits are invading the realm while Barnard is too occupied with other women to intervene. To make matters worse, Gabriel returns home
ebook
Published (first published December 14th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about A Sense of Duty, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Sense of Duty

Barbara Brink
Feb 10, 2012 Barbara Brink rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's been many years since I've read an historical novel set in the Medieval period. But I fell right into this story and thoroughly enjoyed it. Lisa Shea has written a captivating novel with intrigue, adventure, and romance that will keep you turning pages.
Constance is a bright, strong-minded young woman who has given up everything out of duty to family and country. She has endured a loveless marriage, an impotent husband, and estrangement from family and friends, because she believes her acti
J. Kahele
Oct 16, 2015 J. Kahele rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Constance is a very smart and strong willed young woman who has given up her life out of her loyalty to family and country. She is married to a man that she does not love, and has been separated from her family and friends, because she believes it is what she needs to do in order to to keep the countryside from war. But at night, she secretly dreams of another man, a man she has always loved, her bodyguard.

When she is kidnapped and held for ransom, things begin to really get crazy and she soon
Allison
Feb 25, 2012 Allison rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kathy * Bookworm Nation
This one was just okay for me. I liked the overall story idea and setting, but I had a hard time connecting to the main characters. I also had a hard time believing the romance between Constance and Gabriel, I just didn’t “feel” the love. I did like that Constance had good morals and loyalty. It was interesting to see the perspective of a character who had been subjected to an arranged marriage and actually followed through with it. It seems like a lot of these type stories the heroine is trying ...more
Andrea Partee
May 25, 2014 Andrea Partee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who enjoys a good story
A Sense of Duty - A Medieval Romance is really worth the read. Besides, how often do you get to read a good book and have the proceeds go to charity? Talk about a win-win.

While not my normal genre I may be a bit hard on it at a 4 star instead of a 5 star. Regardless, I enjoyed it thoroughly. A bit slow to start for me because I didn't fall in love with the characters off the bat, but the more I read, the better it got as the characters' personalities and beliefs unfolded.

I was honestly skeptical
P Lynne Adams
Jul 11, 2015 P Lynne Adams rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An intriguing read.

Lisa Shea is an excellent author. I've read four of her books in this series and can't wait to read the next. A clean read author suitable for young adults. You'll love the characters even the secondary ones. You'll not want to put the book down to find out how the HEA ending turns out.
Donna Windom
Donna Windom rated it it was amazing
Nov 02, 2013
Sarah McCausland
Sarah McCausland rated it really liked it
Nov 01, 2015
Boyko Ovcharov
Boyko Ovcharov rated it it was amazing
Aug 01, 2016
Ann Gonzalez
Ann Gonzalez rated it really liked it
Nov 27, 2015
Shirley Steiniger
Shirley Steiniger rated it it was amazing
Apr 16, 2016
Jesenia
Jesenia rated it it was amazing
Jun 14, 2012
Mary Dulaney
Quite intense!
(US)Education
(US)Education rated it really liked it
Oct 13, 2016
shirley ibach
shirley ibach rated it it was amazing
Oct 01, 2016
Patricia Bernard
Patricia Bernard rated it it was amazing
Jan 15, 2016
Linda Hauley
Linda Hauley rated it it was amazing
Mar 06, 2016
Ruth Young
Ruth Young rated it really liked it
Oct 29, 2013
Anna Sanabria
Anna Sanabria rated it it was amazing
Nov 03, 2016
Megan Mcconnell
Megan Mcconnell rated it it was ok
Jan 21, 2015
Rhianna Clawson
Rhianna Clawson rated it really liked it
Dec 31, 2011
Linda Settle
Linda Settle rated it really liked it
Aug 27, 2016
Ronna Acevedo
Ronna Acevedo rated it it was amazing
Sep 28, 2016
Alicia Stewart
Alicia Stewart rated it it was ok
Oct 18, 2016
Debra Kay
Debra Kay rated it it was amazing
Jan 11, 2014
Christine Yeingst
Christine Yeingst rated it really liked it
Feb 27, 2016
Miroir Mitani
Miroir Mitani rated it really liked it
Jan 06, 2014
Gabrielle
Gabrielle rated it liked it
Jun 30, 2015
Alicia Kuntz
Alicia Kuntz rated it it was amazing
Sep 22, 2015
Goodreads Librari...: Please fix inaccurate cover 3 33 Jul 01, 2012 05:24PM
Lisa Shea is a fervent fan of honor, loyalty, and chivalry. She brings to life worlds where men and women stand shoulder to shoulder, steady in their desire to make the world a better place for all. Most of her profits are donated to support battered women's shelters.

Lisa's works are all cleanly written with no explicit intimacy and little language. They are suitable for teens and up.

Lisa has writ
More about Lisa Shea...

The Sword of Glastonbury (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Knowing Yourself (Sword of Glastonbury, #1)
  • Finding Peace (Sword of Glastonbury, #2)
  • Believing Your Eyes (Sword of Glastonbury, #3)
  • Trusting in Faith (Sword of Glastonbury, #5)
  • Creating Memories (Sword of Glastonbury, #6)
  • Sworn Loyalty (Sword of Glastonbury, #7)
  • Lady in Red (Sword of Glastonbury, #8)
  • In A Glance (Sword of Glastonbury, #9)
  • Badge of Honor (Sword of Glastonbury, #10)
  • Seeking The Truth (Sword of Glastonbury, #11)