Start by marking “Her Best Friend's Baby” as Want to Read:
Her Best Friend's Baby

Her Best Friend's Baby (Family Matters #2)

One Stormy Weekend's Indiscretion

Mallory Lombard and Drew Driscoll are still best friends, even though Drew moved away from the sleepy town of Port Carling, Ontario, years ago to pursue a career as a foreign-affairs journalist in the power capitals of the world. Best friends forever - but lovers fleetingly, during a stormy weekend spent together.

Now Drew is back in Port Ca

Mass Market Paperback, Harlequin Superromance #891, 299 pages
Published January 2000 by Harlequin Books

ines M
May 28, 2015 ines M rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book in the series. The book was incredible! I loved the very well developed characters, the pace the writer kept from the beginning to the end, and the little twist at the final line was surprising and at the same time delicious. So sweet!
It was a pleasure to read this book! I'll go for the following one in the series. No doubt about it!
Kerry Croucier
Jul 22, 2014 Kerry Croucier rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mallory and Drew grew up together as next door neighbors and had been best friends all their lives. When they find themselves crossing the line one weekend, they part, agreeing that it can't happen again, their friendship is too important. When Mallory finds out she is pregnant, she is ecstatic. At 36, she had almost given up on a family. Raised by her aunt after her parents' deaths and watching Drew grow up next door with his single mother, Angie, she feels she can do it. Drew has always been a ...more
Kerry Richardson
This was a lovely story, although predictable. The characters were nice and there wasn't much angst, although it was emotional at times. However, I was appalled at the amount of grammatical errors, even worse than book one in this series. There were words missing, wrong words written, dreadful punctuation with a distinct lack of full stops, commas in wrong places and words written in italics where they shouldn't have been. Another major error was where Drew (who in the book is 35 yrs old) was do ...more
Jacky
Jul 31, 2016 Jacky rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I didn't know...but,...I figured it out

This book was Ok. Drew and Mallory were best friends who became lovers, who went back to being best friends, who happened to end up with Mallory being pregnant.

As I'm writing this, I am starting to realize what was bothering me. I felt NO romantic chemistry between Drew and Mallory. I felt friendship.

I could believe they loved each other. I understand that not every relationship is a grand passion. But, the uncertainty Drew and Mallory felt about the other
Linda Dunn chilson
It Just Goes to Show You

The first line of this story sets it up perfectly, life is unpredictable, that's what this story is about. Best friends finding love, but first dealing with many of life's unpredictable happenings. This really was a wonderful story that took you through not only Mallory and Drew's discovery of what's important but through some of their friends own turmoil too. I recommend this to everyone.
Ladyacct
Sep 15, 2012 Ladyacct rated it it was ok
Shelves: shorts
Started out REALLY good, then went cold....I don't know what happened but about chapter eight I started struggling with the story AND the characters.....ending was of course HEA, but it was QUICK, like rabbit quick.
Purple Iris
Apr 27, 2015 Purple Iris rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
I wish more had been done with Grady and Bess. Maybe their story will continue in the next book in the series? Unfortunately, I don't think I care enough about the two main characters of that one to read it.
Sarah Vale
Grammar in the book was awful....

Story was good but just predictable. Wasn't as enjoyable as the first book - A daughters place.
Sami
Oct 04, 2014 Sami rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not as good as book one in this series but damn I went and bought book three now. Enjoying the family dramas immensely.
Iris
Iris rated it liked it
Aug 02, 2016
Laura Cohlmeyer
Laura Cohlmeyer rated it really liked it
Jul 20, 2015
Deborah Carter
Deborah Carter rated it it was amazing
Sep 18, 2015
kashmere wilson
kashmere wilson rated it it was amazing
May 03, 2015
Thealuna
Thealuna rated it liked it
Dec 27, 2014
Melissa
Melissa rated it really liked it
Sep 08, 2014
Tia
Tia rated it it was amazing
Dec 23, 2011
Celina Jaime Trejo
Really loved it
Alyse
Alyse rated it it was amazing
Jul 28, 2015
HotRod34
HotRod34 rated it liked it
Mar 08, 2016
Laura rated it really liked it
Sep 18, 2015
Dianne
Dianne rated it really liked it
Oct 30, 2014
Kirby
Kirby rated it liked it
Nov 01, 2015
Danni Bostock
Danni Bostock rated it it was amazing
Apr 03, 2016
Dwentworth
Dwentworth rated it it was amazing
Oct 08, 2016
Jessica Kwon
Jessica Kwon rated it really liked it
May 05, 2014
Bertha M. Hargrove
Bertha M. Hargrove rated it it was ok
Aug 07, 2015
Kristine Sawka
Kristine Sawka rated it it was amazing
Mar 12, 2015
Stacey
Stacey rated it really liked it
Jul 29, 2014
Margaret Cooney
Margaret Cooney rated it liked it
Nov 10, 2014
Samantha
Samantha rated it really liked it
Aug 19, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Guilty Passion
  • Cheyenne Captive
  • Joe's Wife
  • Redemption in Love (Hearts on the Line, #3)
  • Blame It on Chocolate
  • Loving You
  • The Greek Boss's Demand
  • Expecting His Child (Lone Star Families: The Logans #3)
  • Accidentally Pregnant!
  • Once in a Blue Moon (Bluebonnet Texas, #2)
  • Princess Diana- The Day She Didn't Die A Novel
  • Man of Stone
  • Brave Heart
  • Misconception
  • Substitute Wife
  • Return Engagement
  • A Man for Mia
  • Suburban Renewal
USA Today Bestselling author C. J. Carmichael has written over 45 novels in her favorite genres of romance and mystery. She has been nominated twice for the Romance Writers of America RITA Award, as well as RT Bookclub’s Career Achievement in Romantic Suspense award, and the Bookseller’s Best honor. Visit her on her Website, on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.

She gave up the thrills of income tax
More about C.J. Carmichael...

Family Matters (3 books)
  • A Daughter's Place (Chatsworth #3)
  • The Fourth Child (Family Matters #3)