Start by marking “Treasure Island (Graphic Classics)” as Want to Read:
Treasure Island (Graphic Classics)

Treasure Island (Barron's Graphic Classics)

3.56 of 5 stars 3.56  ·  rating details  ·  248 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Young Jim Hawkins is the son of an innkeeper. When his father dies, Jim joins the crew of a sailing ship bound from the English port of Bristol to a distant island where a fabulous pirate's treasure is buried. In each of Barron's " Graphic Classics, " an English literary classic is transformed into a dramatic graphic novel with superb, atmospheric color illustrations and a ...more
Published October 1st 2006 by Barron's Educational Series

To ask other readers questions about Treasure Island, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Treasure Island

Chance
This book surprised me.

I expected a short, passable children's story about pirates, but it actually turned out to be fairly sophisticated for its target audience.

It certainly has some shortcomings: scenes that cried for more illustration, missed opportunities for character development, and gaps in the fictional history.

What was good: (mostly) great pacing, violent action sequences, and clever moments of tension between the characters.

This is a quick, fun read and I suggest to anyone who has eve
Tessa
My seven year old really likes comics but I want him to read only the best books (so little time, after all!) that this Graphic Classics series was a great meeting in the middle for us. He enjoyed the story and the format and got exposure to a literary classic which, hopefully, he'll pick up and read in it's original format someday because he'll already have a connection with the story.
Jeff Mayo
One of the best known classics that is still read frequently. It is probably the best known book about pirates, although not the best. While it is a great book it is a little too family friendly and misses the dark humor of most other books of the genre. It is however a well written classic that everyone should read at least once.
Dan-o
This is the classic tale of young Jim Hawkins and Long John Silver and their struggles to find the hidden treasure on Treasure Island. I love the book and would highly recommend it as a young teenage read. It was a quick listen (I didn't read it) and quite captivating. I'm going to watch the movie now and see how they did!
Jessica
I'm reading this to Deborah right now. I love sticking with the classics for her! I get to read stuff I should have read, she gets exposed to great literature by hearing it which is more accessible than reading it. We both win!
Tricia
This version committed a grave sin: it made the story boring. I also don't much like Gelev's graphic style, but the dry rendition of the tale is even worse.
Michele
I start reading the books to Alondra and she finishes them by herself ;(. She gets to excited to find out what happens. We really like this author!!
Em
Em marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2014
John
John is currently reading it
Dec 11, 2014
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
Kacey
Kacey marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2014
Morgan
Morgan is currently reading it
Oct 28, 2014
Wafaa Alaa
Wafaa Alaa marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2014
Matthew
Matthew marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2014
Paul
Paul marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
Destiny
Destiny marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Jbecker
Jbecker marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2014
Charity Peets
Charity Peets marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
Alyssa
Alyssa marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
  • The Three Musketeers
  • The Magic School Bus and the Science Fair Expedition (The Magic School Bus, #11)
  • Too Many Pears! (English/Japanese Edition)
  • The Seashore Book
  • Buddha: His Life and Teachings and Impact on Humanity
  • The Compass
  • The Essential Kahlil Gibran
  • The Greatest Networker in the World: The story that has changed the lives of millions Now it can change yours!
  • Never Be Fat Again: The 6-Week Cellular Solution to Permanently Break the Fat Cy Ycle: The 6-week Cellular Solution to Permanently Break the Fat Cycle
  • The Last Kestrel
  • George Washington's Birthday: A Mostly True Tale
  • How to Change Anybody: Proven Techniques to Reshape Anyone's Attitude, Behavior, Feelings, or Beliefs
  • Uncle Vova's Tree
  • A Frog Thing (with Audio CD)
  • World War II
  • The Declaration of Independence and Other Great Documents of American History 1775-1865
  • The Hockey Machine
  • Pocahontas
Graphic Classics: Journey to the Center of the Earth You Wouldn't Want to Be an Aztec Sacrifice!: Gruesome Things You'd Rather Not Know You Wouldn't Want to Be a Slave in Ancient Greece!: A Life You'd Rather Not Have You Wouldn't Want to Be a Medieval Knight!: Armor You'd Rather Not Wear You Wouldn't Want to Be in a Medieval Dungeon!: Prisoners You'd Rather Not Meet